Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #51

Reportedly, Joseph Petito was involved in a "public service" incident report at Brian Laundrie's home on September 10. North Port police confirmed that Joseph expressed concerns over his daughter being missing, but did not visit the home physically.

Who is Joseph Petito? Missing Gabby's father expresses despair in Instagram post

I regret I could not find the original link to the North Port police statement, although I remember its having taken place, as I said earlier.

The primary question I saw people having about it, seemed to involve a belief that Joseph Petito went to FL in person to make a scene; the above satisfies me, that he in fact did no such thing. What are some of the other mysterious questions on the topic? Happy to try and chew them over, though as I indicate, the North Port police statements aren't too helpful or plentiful and take a lot of work to trace, I'm sure the redactions in the report are the work of legal constraints.

Exactly! And, this is an inconsistency. And, we have Petitio on the record stating he called her. This is where she needs to be very careful. MOO. She may truly be in the dark but she just tripped herself up.

I doubt my parents could easily get in touch with my siblings-in-law if my husband and his parents were either missing or refused to communicate. I don't think this is suspicious. Gabby's father might've had the wrong number or an outdated number, or she might've thought it was a spam call.

Edit: Just saw your other response. Her voicemail box could've been full, or she didn't check it. A lot of younger people don't really use them much. I don't.

Good for Cassie. There's only so much a person can take. Obviously her and her husband have their own family and they have to be concerned about their kids and their personal safety.

Early on I thought it would be BL's parents doing the right thing because of Cassie and her kids. That they wouldn't want to sacrifice the remaining child they have to help BL. But apparently not.

That took some large ones to step out onto the lawn. Not sure it will solve the problem with protestors disrupting her, her family and her neighborhood, but I like that she took that head on and I hope they step away from her home.

Cassie is now gets to revisit who she is. Both from the perspective of her parent's behavior toward her (via their attorney and also their direct treatment toward her) and Brian's behavior toward another human being that has indirectly caused her life to explode.

There was a lot of info in that interview. But I don't feel like I'm one bit closer to understanding anything.

Cassie said she didn’t receive calls from Gabby’s dad, but Gabby’s dad said on Dr. Phil that he was calling her and his calls had gone ignored.

My feelings about Cassie changed when she said "I've lost my parents, I've lost my brother and I've lost my future sister-in-law." It's the first time someone in her family has shown any sadness over Gabby's death.

The fact that she and her parents aren't talking speaks volumes. I'm sure she wants to protect and believe her brother but maybe she's only willing to go so far. Also, it's one thing for us, a bunch of complete strangers, to think that the Laundries are acting sketchy. It's another thing completely for their own daughter to express that same thought.

Boy, you gotta wonder when he actually left Wyoming. It's a 35 hour drive and on Sep 1 he's already going to visit sister with parents. You think he would have been too tired from the trip and needed some sleep..

He could have slept several times on the trip home. He had over 60 hours if he left by the end of the 29th. Even if he left on the 30th, he still had a lot of extra hours up his sleeve to rest on the way. 29th, 30th, 31st, 1st.

The FBI seems to have a sighting of him getting gas in Benton, Illinois on the 31st? That can probably help them figure out his most likely time of departure from Grand Teton National Park.

The fact that she and her parents aren't talking speaks volumes. I'm sure she wants to protect and believe her brother but maybe she's only willing to go so far. Also, it's one thing for us, a bunch of complete strangers, to think that the Laundries are acting sketchy. It's another thing completely for their own daughter to express that same thought.
I've thought it was odd that we didn't see Cassie and her children going in or out of the house. You'd think they'd support each other and there has been no visits between them.

Exactly! And, this is an inconsistency. And, we have Petitio on the record stating he called her. This is where she needs to be very careful. MOO. She may truly be in the dark but she just tripped herself up.

"Petito said his family began worrying after several days without hearing from their daughter. 'We called Brian, we called the mom, we called the dad, we called the sister, we called every number that we could find,” Petito said. “No phone calls were picked up, no text messages were returned.”

FBI searches Florida home of Petito's boyfriend; autopsy scheduled for Tuesday

And, the whole Disney thing that she said to ABC when she just said now that the kids had school. Not sure of the dates told though. Would have to look at the transcript in Thread 47 again.
Yes this is the statement that made me start wondering about everything else she said.

I doubt my parents could easily get in touch with my siblings-in-law if my husband and his parents were either missing or refused to communicate. I don't think this is suspicious. Gabby's father might've had the wrong number or an outdated number, or she might've thought it was a spam call.

Edit: Just saw your other response. Her voicemail box could've been full, or she didn't check it. A lot of younger people don't really use them much. I don't.
My husband and kids never even set up their vm. Many don't anymore. MOO.

JMO but she probably feels burned by giving the first interview, which was edited, and then follow-up MSM articles about her "inconsistencies" based on the edited interview.

Good point. Thanks, I guess I’d feel leery about being misinterpreted again if I were in her shoes. Feel badly for her kids :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ND84