Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I didn't know Brian was with them when we previously planned to hang out with them" - CL on knowing that Brian was coming on the 1st.

Now this doesn't prove anything buttttttt
Previously planned makes me think that they planned this in advance (several days). The camping trip was supposed to be from the 1st - 3rd. No way are you picking up your grandkids from school the same day you are camping. If this was planned several days in advance then how was the camping trip canceled on just the 31st? Dates don't add up to me.

IMO the grandparents went over there with Brian just as he got home to spill the beans to CL and then picked the kids up from school.

Another interesting gem from CL:
When asked by protestors if they talked about GP while at FD park she replied:
"We couldn't, we had our kids with us"
If she didn't know anything horrible had happened, why would she say that?
Was this after GP had been found?
Because it's not theirs, either.
So, how was it towed off? Who gave permission for it to be seized? Just wondering.

Exactly what I was saying. GP's father called NPPD which instigated a welfare check on the 10th. Laundries say she's not here. LE reports that back to GP's father with the additional information that the Van was in the driveway. The next day after GP's mother is able to get a missing persons report accepted in NY and GP's dad has requested the van be removed since it doesn't belong to anyone at the Laundrie home, LE confiscates the van. I don't know what legal hoops they would need to do that.

However, there are three situations where police can impound a vehicle:

(point 2) Evidence of a Crime: The car itself could potentially be evidence of a crime, although this tends to be a less common scenario than the vehicle being involved in a crime. Many states allow police to impound a car if it is involved in a case of reckless driving, vehicular manslaughter, or if the car has been used to assault someone. Additionally, officers may sometimes suspect that evidence of a crime is stored inside the vehicle. The arresting officer can request to impound a vehicle in order to locate evidence of a crime that cannot be readily removed at the scene;

When Can Police Impound a Car? | Vehicle Impound Lawyer | LegalMatch

From your link:

Police said at this time, the fiancé is not considered a suspect or to be associated with her disappearance. According to Petito’s family, he has hired an attorney and is refusing to cooperate with the investigation into their daughter’s disappearance.
The Petitos knew early on that an attorney was involved and the attorney was involved before he was considered a suspect.

And, they were told not to speak to CL. Why not unless SB didn't already know GP would not be coming home - ever? MOO

(He knew he had to preserve privilege and have her out of the loop. Oh yeah, How? /s) MOO

I wondered if maybe based on the initially reported day of disappearance, Sept 14, LE were canvassing for camera footage to try and track the Mustang’s movements to the trails and/or any possible footage of BL leaving the reserve and w/o any evidence of this assumed he was still there. If he entered and left the reserve on the 13th they may not have requested that date from business/other cameras. Now that weeks have passed they may not be able to obtain Sept 13th footage as easily as some cameras record over after a certain period of time.

It's possible he did not go home. Either way, I think he had an issue to handle during that time and he was away from Gabby. I think the issue he was attending to during that time is the key in this mystery and could be the reason for Gabby's death.

<modsnip> It's been confirmed that he indeed did fly into Tampa. The Laundrie's attorney confirms it.

Where do you think Brain went when he flew to Florida while Gabby was in a SLC Fairfield Inn?

Brian Laundrie Flew Home Days After Police Separated Him & Gabby Petito, Attorney Says

Brian Laundrie flew home to Florida during cross-country road trip with Gabby Petito to 'empty and close' storage unit: lawyer

The lawyer, Steven Bertolino, revealed the twist in the case’s timeline to The Post on Tuesday, saying Brian returned to his parents’ home in North Port on Aug. 17 and then flew back to Salt Lake City on Aug. 23 to rejoin Petito.

Brian Laundrie flew home to Florida on Aug. 17 in new Gabby Petito case twist

Cassie verifies he flew home:
"On Monday, Ms Laundrie confirmed that her brother flew home to Florida on or before 17 August, and rejoined Ms Petito before returning home alone with her van on 1 September. She says she saw him on 1 September, reported NewsNation Now."

Brian Laundrie’s sister said he flew home on 17 August just after fight

Last edited by a moderator:
If BL was with parents at Cassie's house on 9/1, I can't see him having driven home, then jump up and go visit her that day without being totally wiped out! If he wasn't acting or looking exhausted, I wonder if he got home the day before, but I guess camera on exit showed him come thru on 9/1 around 10:30? Also, their parents came for the kids that day, but they had canceled the camping trip, so I'm wondering why they went to Cassie's house? Cassie said her parents were supposed to see the kids? How could that be the plan if they just canceled the camping trip that day?

With the cost of the room, the airline ticket(s) etc. In what way does it make sense that they wanted to save money on a storage unit by spending over $1000 for this. Either they were way overpaying for storage unit or we're missing some information. Does not make any sense IMO.
Can't imagine storage units are that expensive.

My daughter in NJ spends around $120 a month for her tiny little closet sized storage unit. While I personally believe the coming home was a cooling off period, it is also economically feasible if they were planning to continue their trip into an extended vanlife tour of the West Coast. They also could have wanted some stuff they left in storage that they didn't need for a 4 month trip but would for a year long trip. and/or they wanted to exchange out some stuff from what they had in the van to storage. He did give away one of his skateboards and maybe the guitar was taking up too much space. Add it all up together and you can make it make sense.

"I didn't know Brian was with them when we previously planned to hang out with them" - CL on knowing that Brian was coming on the 1st.

Previously planned makes me think that they planned this in advance (several days). The camping trip was supposed to be from the 1st - 3rd. No way are you picking up your grandkids from school the same day you are camping. If this was planned several days in advance then how was the camping trip canceled on just the 31st? Dates don't add up to me.

IMO the grandparents went over there with Brian just as he got home to spill the beans to CL and then picked the kids up from school.
But why spill the beans to CL? That's what I can't wrap my head around. People that think ahead enough to get legal counsel don't create unnecessary liabilities. I want to say it's ludicrous but with all the believers, I must be missing something?

THAT is a slip up. IMO. Good catch.

She could have meant that she didn't ask any questions or mention Gabby because she didn't want kids hearing it. Brian or parents could have told her at some point whatever story BL came up with as to why Gabbycwasnt there, and that would be something she couldn't tell the public.

My daughter in NJ spends around $120 a month for her tiny little closet sized storage unit. While I personally believe the coming home was a cooling off period, it is also economically feasible if they were planning to continue their trip into an extended vanlife tour of the West Coast. They also could have wanted some stuff they left in storage that they didn't need for a 4 month trip but would for a year long trip. and/or they wanted to exchange out some stuff from what they had in the van to storage. He did give away one of his skateboards and maybe the guitar was taking up too much space. Add it all up together and you can make it make sense.
Didn't mean it wasn't feasible, just find it a bit suspect IMO.

Also didn't Gabby like longboarding? I thought I saw an article from some MSM that said it was a hobby of hers.
Could that second skateboard BL gave away have been Gabby's? Don't know if he liked longboarding or skateboarding.

Another interesting gem from CL:
When asked by protestors if they talked about GP while at FD park she replied:
"We couldn't, we had our kids with us"
If she didn't know anything horrible had happened, why would she say that?
What she said was:

Protester: Did Brian say anything about Gabby?

CL: We had our kids there. Nothing came up.

I took this to mean that obviously Brian wouldn't bring up Gabby's death in front of the kids. Not that she had prior knowledge.

maybe the parents had previously planned on picking up the kids and getting together with CL's family on their way to the originally scheduled camping trip...i believe it's been posted that CL lives between the parents' home and fort de soto...or is that not correct?

She could have meant that she didn't ask any questions or mention Gabby because she didn't want kids hearing it. Brian or parents could have told her at some point whatever story BL came up with as to why Gabbycwasnt there, and that would be something she couldn't tell the public.

The first thought I had was that they couldn't talk about GP because of what her brother had done to her. I don't believe anyone knew she was dead on the 6th except the person who participated in her homicide and those who were helping that person afterwards. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid