Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dog the Bounty Hunter Shares Evidence Possibly Linked to Brian Laundrie Disappearance

Duane "Dog the Bounty Hunter" Chapman has handed authorities evidence he believes may be linked to the disappearance of Gabby Petito's fiancé Brian Laundrie, who is the FBI's prime person of interest in her case and who went off the grid himself more than three weeks ago, a spokesperson said Tuesday.

Chapman made headlines for launching his own searches for Laundrie last month as investigators' leads appeared to fizzle out amid an all-out manhunt for the 23-year-old man from North Port, Florida. The evidence he turned over includes items found on one of the islanders near Fort De Soto Park, the Florida campgrounds where the Laundrie family attorney said Brian and his parents went for an overnight trip from Sept. 6-7. The FBI has also obtained surveillance video of that area.

Chapman's spokesperson didn't specify the nature of the items that were shared with authorities, but said in a statement of Chapman, "It is his hope that DNA can be assessed to prove Laundries' presence. Dog has been attempting to authenticate a lot of leads, including the Appalachian Trail trip."

Dog the Bounty Hunter Shares Evidence Possibly Linked to Brian Laundrie Disappearance

<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

This is the same day a picture went around of an alleged Brian Laundrie sighting walking out in the woods behind his home before police arrived. He had headphones in, shades on, and sweatpants. I remember reading about someone on FB who wrote that Brian took off on foot when people started showing up. A friend of theirs is a neighbor of the parents and got a kid on live feed showing pictures of him walking down the street with sunglasses and headphones. She says he couldn’t have gone far on foot from North Port.
For clarity, could you please provide a source for the “someone on FB”?

A woman, known only as Jen, said witnesses spotted Laundrie running from his home in North Port, Florida.

In the clip uploaded to Twitter, she speculated that he may have run through the nearby woods.

Jen claimed that another neighbor recorded the alleged moment on CCTV.

When asked if she thought Laundrie was in the North Port area on the day that he was reported missing, Jen said: "Yes, definitely. He was here."

It’s unknown if Gabby's fiancé was in the location on September 17 and it's not known who provided the "footage" to the police.
Laundrie 'seen running out of his backyard the day parents reported him missing'

This was an interesting interview. <modsnip - discussing identities and info of protesters not permitted>

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning all....

There is something that I've thinking about for a while. If the parent's suspected BL might want to take his life, why did they wait days to call for help? If I believed my child wasn't okay and then disappeared, I'd have called for help immediately, not wait for my fear to grow and fester. It just doesn't make sense to me.

BL had several major factors that could make him suicidal and a normal parent would know this based on the suspicions swirling around them concerning the disappearance of the child's girlfriend/boyfriend.

On the other hand why wait from the 1st of September to the 13th to make a move to leave? Was it because the Petito finally filed a missing person report on Gabby? Was it the fact that the van was immediately removed? What was the determining factor that on the 13th he felt the need to run or kill himself? Did the walls start closing in on him?

Did he really believe that no one would eventually wonder where Gabby was? What was that breaking point for him?

And finally, as time goes on I've gone from 100% believed he just ran, to having doubts pop up that maybe he's no longer alive.

He is a high risk of suicide for many reason's. How do other's feel about this possibility at this point that he is no longer alive?

ETA: All of the above is JMO....

My thinking has been pretty consistent on him being dead in the swamp. I think that he left the circus at the house for the solitude of the Reserve (and possibly leaving open the ability to run if he chose that route). I think he had been in daily or more contact with his parents and then he said or did something that convinced his parents that he had chosen to end it it all. Or maybe he had injured himself and couldn't get out on his own. So the Laundries then called LE.

Good morning all....

There is something that I've thinking about for a while. If the parent's suspected BL might want to take his life, why did they wait days to call for help? If I believed my child wasn't okay and then disappeared, I'd have called for help immediately, not wait for my fear to grow and fester. It just doesn't make sense to me.

BL had several major factors that could make him suicidal and a normal parent would know this based on the suspicions swirling around them concerning the disappearance of the child's girlfriend/boyfriend.

On the other hand why wait from the 1st of September to the 13th to make a move to leave? Was it because the Petito finally filed a missing person report on Gabby? Was it the fact that the van was immediately removed? What was the determining factor that on the 13th he felt the need to run or kill himself? Did the walls start closing in on him?

Did he really believe that no one would eventually wonder where Gabby was? What was that breaking point for him?

And finally, as time goes on I've gone from 100% believed he just ran, to having doubts pop up that maybe he's no longer alive.

He is a high risk of suicide for many reason's. How do other's feel about this possibility at this point that he is no longer alive?

ETA: All of the above is JMO....
I don't know he's at a higher risk than any of us, quite honestly.

Two Men and a Truck would’ve moved stuff from the storage unit for a couple hundred bucks. I wonder if BL picked up some kind of weapon from the unit. And why would their family attorney fly to Florida during this time? That had to cost them, too. And who even retains a family attorney? Past criminal activity? You can do a will over the phone. Just sayin’.

My thinking has been pretty consistent on him being dead in the swamp. I think that he left the circus at the house for the solitude of the Reserve (and possibly leaving open the ability to run if he chose that route). I think he had been in daily or more contact with his parents and then he said or did something that convinced his parents that he had chosen to end it it all. Or maybe he had injured himself and couldn't get out on his own. So the Laundries then called LE.
Sounds plausible, definitely. But why didn’t their extensive searching find his body?

Suicide is a possibility, but why would he do so in a manner that would make it so difficult to locate his body? I realize it is fool’s gold to try and rationalize the thoughts of a suicidal person. However, he did know his parents were under scrutiny. Why would he have have left his parents to face the music if he was checking out anyhow?
IMO because never being able to find him would leave the world wondering…what happened?, is he dead?, is he alive?, maybe something nefarious happened to him?, etc. It creates painful doubt and he is never convicted or “guilty”. It’s a desperate single-finger salute on the way out. Someone who considers themself a free spirit I’m sure never wants to set foot in a prison.

Good morning!

Just catching up on the many great ideas & questions posted yesterday.

I doubt BL had to return to FL in Aug for a court date although those can be set in stone. But dockets are public record. I'm sure reporters or someone here would have discovered his case if it existed.

The storage locker clean-out sounds bogus, as I've said before. But I wonder if aspects could be true (along with the need for a break from each other.)

Is it possible they had some sort of month-to-month rental contract and the rent was going way up? Or the facility was suddenly closing before the end of their trip or before the end of their potentially extended trip and their stuff had to go somewhere else? If so, maybe everywhere they saw online with vacancies was really pricey. Or maybe 62-year old Dad said "I'm not moving all that stuff anywhere by myself while you two gallivant all over the West." Also is it possible they did put all or mostly all of their stuff in storage because the parents were considering putting the house back on tbe market while they were gone? I know as a rule WS posts view the parents as infantilizing BL but maybe they were ready for an empty nest.

As everybody says it wouldn't make sense to pay for a plane ticket for B and hotel for G for the locker reason by itself. But I'm still not sure who paid. After all, GP's parents seem to say they were paying for things on the trip as they came up. Not waiting until the couple was out of money but paying during the trip.

NP said:

"She just fell in love with that lifestyle and wanted to take journeys. She was a free spirit. Everybody was jealous, everyone was like, we want to do that too, but we all think we just have to get a job and go to school. But she was doing what we were all envious of."

""And I supported her on all of that, even every once and a while when she needed help moneywise and stuff, because it was a really expensive trip. I helped her out a little bit here and there. So did her father. But they were having a great time.' "

Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

I'm also not sure I buy Rose's claim GP worked 50 hrs a week at Taco Bell. Maybe it was different during the pandemic but fast food places usually don't allow hourly employees to work overtime and certainly don't allow it every week. Paying time and a half adds up. Rose works delivering pizza so maybe her ideas differ about what working alot means? I'm sure GP worked, just not sure about the 50hr/wk part. And if they didn't pay rent to the Laundries, she could have had a nice chunk of money.

Gabby Petito's Best Friend Says Brian Laundrie Had 'Jealousy Issues': 'Toxic Relationship'

Rose also says in the above article BL wanted the van life so Gabby couldn't work. In another article she says he wanted that life as a way to get GP away from Rose.

#1 from PEOPLE-- "he wanted the van life and he rushed to that so that she wasn't going to be able to work anymore."

#2 "I think that's one reason why Brian rushed into this van trip,' Rose said of the cross-country trip Petito and Laundrie began in July. 'He saw how close we were getting and he realized that after every fight, she was staying at my house. And he didn't have control over that."

Brian Laundrie is 'well equipped' to survive MONTHS in the 25,000-acre nature reserve | Daily Mail Online

My point isn't just that Rose's info may be unreliable although I think it sometimes is. (And an awful lot of what we think we know about GP and BL as individuals as well as what we think we know about their relationship has come only from Rose.) But I also wonder how much BL wanted the trip. A lot of posts assume G's the only one who really did. Yet Rose seems to think it was mainly B's idea. But no matter whose idea it was, given some of their destinations, I don't see how the start date could have been all it that "rushed." If they left much later in 2021 they'd have risked running into bad winter weather, I'd think.

JMO
I do believe GP worked extra hours. My neighbor is manager at McDonald's. She had record overtime, could not get employees, offered hire on bonus, up pay to 15 per hour, and at one point had to close early due to staff shortages.

Some of our best local restaurants have permanently closed due to staffing.

Several of my neighbors, myself included volunteered at our 50 year, family owned, hole in the wall for a month. It's a neighborhood hang out for breakfast and lunch. They were going to close when one required surgery. I admit, it was fun to work and see so many after being couped up with Covid.

Moo...

The flight back to Florida for a week would have made a lot more sense if they both flew back. Why would a man, who many here believe to be extremely possessive, leave his hot girlfriend (sort of fiancee) all alone in a hotel room for a week? His lawyer said he was there to empty the storage and pick up some things, It would be much cheaper to pick up a few things at Wal-mart than fly to Florida.

I wonder what GP really told her parents about this event. Apparently she presented it in a way that neither parent felt the need to catch the next flight out to help her.

Good morning!

Just catching up on the many great ideas & questions posted yesterday.

I doubt BL had to return to FL in Aug for a court date although those can be set in stone. But dockets are public record. I'm sure reporters or someone here would have discovered his case if it existed.

The storage locker clean-out sounds bogus, as I've said before. But I wonder if aspects could be true (along with the need for a break from each other.)

Is it possible they had some sort of month-to-month rental contract and the rent was going way up? Or the facility was suddenly closing before the end of their trip or before the end of their potentially extended trip and their stuff had to go somewhere else? If so, maybe everywhere they saw online with vacancies was really pricey. Or maybe 62-year old Dad said "I'm not moving all that stuff anywhere by myself while you two gallivant all over the West." Also is it possible they did put all or mostly all of their stuff in storage because the parents were considering putting the house back on tbe market while they were gone? I know as a rule WS posts view the parents as infantilizing BL but maybe they were ready for an empty nest.

As everybody says it wouldn't make sense to pay for a plane ticket for B and hotel for G for the locker reason by itself. But I'm still not sure who paid. After all, GP's parents seem to say they were paying for things on the trip as they came up. Not waiting until the couple was out of money but paying during the trip.

NP said:

"She just fell in love with that lifestyle and wanted to take journeys. She was a free spirit. Everybody was jealous, everyone was like, we want to do that too, but we all think we just have to get a job and go to school. But she was doing what we were all envious of."

""And I supported her on all of that, even every once and a while when she needed help moneywise and stuff, because it was a really expensive trip. I helped her out a little bit here and there. So did her father. But they were having a great time.' "

Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

I'm also not sure I buy Rose's claim GP worked 50 hrs a week at Taco Bell. Maybe it was different during the pandemic but fast food places usually don't allow hourly employees to work overtime and certainly don't allow it every week. Paying time and a half adds up. Rose works delivering pizza so maybe her ideas differ about what working alot means? I'm sure GP worked, just not sure about the 50hr/wk part. And if they didn't pay rent to the Laundries, she could have had a nice chunk of money.

Gabby Petito's Best Friend Says Brian Laundrie Had 'Jealousy Issues': 'Toxic Relationship'

Rose also says in the above article BL wanted the van life so Gabby couldn't work. In another article she says he wanted that life as a way to get GP away from Rose.

#1 from PEOPLE-- "he wanted the van life and he rushed to that so that she wasn't going to be able to work anymore."

#2 "I think that's one reason why Brian rushed into this van trip,' Rose said of the cross-country trip Petito and Laundrie began in July. 'He saw how close we were getting and he realized that after every fight, she was staying at my house. And he didn't have control over that."

Brian Laundrie is 'well equipped' to survive MONTHS in the 25,000-acre nature reserve | Daily Mail Online

My point isn't just that Rose's info may be unreliable although I think it sometimes is. (And an awful lot of what we think we know about GP and BL as individuals as well as what we think we know about their relationship has come only from Rose.) But I also wonder how much BL wanted the trip. A lot of posts assume G's the only one who really did. Yet Rose seems to think it was mainly B's idea. But no matter whose idea it was, given some of their destinations, I don't see how the start date could have been all it that "rushed." If they left much later in 2021 they'd have risked running into bad winter weather, I'd think.

JMO

Excellent post!

So many good points and lots to think about.

I don't know he's at a higher risk than any of us, quite honestly.
Well, I think he is, because he’s in huge trouble, could face life in prison, and can no longer live a normal life in open society. Not to mention the fact that his only friend and lover is dead. All of that raises the possibility of suicide to an extreme level, IMO.

Today

In part two of Dr. Phil’s exclusive interview with Gabby Petito’s parents, who are all sitting down together for the first time, they share where they believe Brian Laundrie may be hiding, and what they hope happens to him if he was involved in Gabby’s death. Plus, see their reaction to the latest developments in their daughter’s case.

Gabby's Parents Come Together
Class act.

But you keep forgetting to mention the welfare check by the police on the 10th. Those police reports were verified and posted about on threads past. MOO
And in MSM there are THREE 911 calls on the 11th - from the house
“The three calls were placed at 1.12pm, 4.38pm, and 8.28pm. The reason for the first two calls are listed as "Follow Up/Investigation" and the third is listed as an "Agency Assist" call.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...brian-laundrie-home-gabby-petito-missing/amp/

Regarding the sweatshirt JS mentioned in the Dr Phil interview, when I heard that I immediately thought to do a search of surf shops near her LI town and saw one named Bunger Sayville. I remember a link here on WS with an interview w/the owner of the surf shop and he said Gabby had been coming in since she was about 12 and that she had been in prior to leaving on her trip. I wonder if it was a Bunger Sayville sweatshirt she was wearing when her remains were found. Fox News just said the clothing was purchased in a local NY store. Also, in pictures of BL, he is wearing a burgundy or brownish Bunger Sayville tee shirt w/their logo on the front. Doubt there are many of that stores clothing being worn by people out west. Just my thoughts.

Well, I think he is, because he’s in huge trouble, could face life in prison, and can no longer live a normal life in open society. Not to mention the fact that his only friend and lover is dead. All of that raises the possibility of suicide to an extreme level, IMO.
Only if one is suicidal in nature.
We have not seen any evidence of his mental state.
Not every criminal considers suicide as an option.
al I've seen of this boy suggests he is bigly into self protection if not narcissism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper