Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't usually watch "Dr. Phil" but I did today because he had Gabby's parents and step parents on. One thing that I found interesting was her stepfather talked about how he created the cross made of stones where her body was found. He said he placed it in the exact place where he was told her body had been and he placed the cross directly over the area where her torso had been and he was told the direction where her head was facing and he placed a stone and flowers there at the top. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but to me this sounds like her body was pretty much intact. It's about 7 and a half minutes into the video.

Gabby Petito's Family Says Brian Laundrie Stole Her Credit Card to Go Home to Florida

Investigators believe that Petito died sometime between Aug. 27 and Aug. 30, before Laundrie drove back to his family's home.

He has not spoken to authorities about what happened on his trip. His last known interaction with law enforcement was during an August 12 incident when police in Moab, Utah, investigated a possible domestic violence case between the couple in which a 911 caller said that he witnessed Laundrie "slapping" Petito.

Hunh?? Title of story. Brian Laundrie's father agrees to join search for son. Agrees?? That makes it sound like they had to beg him. Maybe it's just how I'm interpreting it. JMO
I can’t find anything about that anywhere on the internet except for that article. & it’s behind a pay wall…seems a little sus to me haha! JMO.

Brian Laundrie's survival skills are 'mediocre,' sister Cassie says

Florida fugitive Brian Laundrie, the fiancé of slain van life blogger Gabby Petito, has arguably become the most wanted man in America after slipping into hiding following reports of her disappearance on Sept. 11.

But the so-called outdoorsman is only "a mediocre survivalist," according to his sister, Cassie Laundrie, who urged him to surrender to authorities in an interview with ABC News this week.

"I'd say Brian's a mediocre survivalist," she told the outlet. "It wouldn't surprise me if he could last out there a very long time. But also, I don't think anything would surprise me at this point."

The comments contradict statements from Petito's friends, who say they believe Laundrie could do well living off the land.

"I know he lived in the Appalachians for what I believe was three months, and he did it by himself, so I know he’s skilled at it," Rose Davis told the Daily Mail earlier in the saga.

Still, experts have raised questions about how long Laundrie could survive outdoors, with life as a wanted man more difficult than outdoor hobbyist.

I would trust his sisters words on this, not Rose, I never trusted Rose anyway, and not friends of GP's because IMO he overinflated himself to compensate for ego. JMO.

I can’t find anything about that anywhere on the internet except for that article. & it’s behind a pay wall…seems a little sus to me haha! JMO.
So interesting. When they were doing the giant search and the parents were just going about their day as usual, wouldn't you think they would stay at home and wait for him? Or sit in a LE car and wait for news? Every once in a while a post pops up that makes me think of how weird and caviler the parents are about this. JMO>

'Bertolino also disputed the narrative that Laundrie is a survivalist who could hide out in the wilderness for an extended period. '
"I don’t know who put the term 'survivalist' out there," Bertolino said. "Brian is a hiker. He’s a camper. I don’t think it goes beyond that."

Way past time to put that ridiculous proposition to bed, after a 5 million dollar search thru out god alone knows how many national parks, swamps, forests, trails, tracks , rivers and bayous.. ....... Brian as 'survivalist' , really, peoples.. !..

Gabby had to open his packet of granola!

You're right. The article appeared for me briefly before a paywall appeared.

Allegedly, a detective did ask for his assistance. This strikes me as incredibly unusual.
I can't think of any logical reason for it. His parents haven't exactly been cooperative thus far, why would LE expect them to help?

The only thing I can think of is if they have BL cornered and want his dad to talk him out.

This area they are searching is the Mykahatchee Creek Environmental Park where LE actually found the Mustang. This park has been closed to the public since Sept. 23. I looked this park up and here's a list of the amenities from their website:
AMENITIES:
  1. Bike Trail
  2. Birding
  3. Dog Friendly
  4. Equestrian Trails
  5. Fishing
  6. Green Space
  7. Nature Preserve
  8. Outdoor Grill
  9. Parking Lot
  10. Pavilion Without Electricity
  11. Picnic Tables
  12. Primitive Camp
  13. Restrooms
  14. Walking Trails (Unpaved)
This seems a much more logical place for BL to hide initially than the gator infested Carlton Reserve.
They just seem to be different "areas" of the same place

And “he’s excited”?? So weird! It will be good for him to see all the work and money that this hunt has taken so far.

Something seems way off about that. Strange time to start showing concern after hiding in the house for so long. I would worry if he saw evidence, he would try to destroy it or sideline the search. Though I would imagine that LE will watch him like a hawk.IMO.

"I'd say Brian's a mediocre survivalist," she told the outlet. "It wouldn't surprise me if he could last out there a very long time. But also, I don't think anything would surprise me at this point."

The comments contradict statements from Petito's friends, who say they believe Laundrie could do well living off the land.

"I know he lived in the Appalachians for what I believe was three months, and he did it by himself, so I know he’s skilled at it," Rose Davis told the Daily Mail earlier in the saga.

I think it was debunked that he ever spent that much time outdoors. Couple days, maybe a week here or there, BLs sister said they never really camped when they were young, it's not like he was a life-long boy scout and those skills don't just appear one day. I think he was just a 23 year old guy playing up his "skills" to impress people. His social media posts paint him as somewhat of a narcissist, or at least HEAVILY compensating for low self-esteem. IMO. I've seen this as a young person myself, and its only with age and some wisdom that I look back on people like this with pity instead of misguided awe.

Here is a little mention in a non-paywalled article.

Authorities to allow Laundrie's father to assist with search, attorney says

Steven Bertolino, the Laundrie family attorney, told ABC News Wednesday that authorities are going to allow Chris Laundrie, Brian Laundrie's father, to assist with the search at the Carlton Reserve.

Investigators don't currently have more details on when he will join the search.

The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office told ABC News they provided aerial support Wednesday for a search of the area.

Brian Laundrie flew home to Florida in early August, family attorney says: Live updates

But they bought the phone on the 4th and AT&T employees are keeping mouths shut. Most likely FBI already confirmed the sighting of RL and BL at the shop buying a normal phone.
I believe their attorney said that. Crime online says the 14th. I don't believe the attorney.

If they're now claiming that they "looked for him for hours" on Mon 13th and Tues 14th then are there independent witnesses to corroborate their claim?

Media was camped outside their house by then, right? I'm sure someone would know if they'd left the house for hours on either of those two days.

Also, if they were seen leaving on those days to supposedly "search for hours", was their attire suitable for that of a search in a swampy parkland area for their son!? I can't imagine that RL's denim cut-offs, blouse and sandals would cut it in that kind of environment.

Unless their "search" consisted of searching their own home :rolleyes:

MOO
I’ve seen footage from 9/13 and 9/14 where only the Mustang is gone, but nothing so far where the red truck is gone. If BL took the Mustang, the parents would have had to take the pickup to “search,” unless they walked the hour and a half (and across a major interstate) to get there.

I will keep looking…
MOO

Thank you for posting this.

So North Port police requested this…not the FBI who I thought was taking charge of this search?

Possibly not quite true, it is a very sneaky way of the lawyer putting his client up as the new picture of Distraught Dad, after a month of Dystopian Dad not paying off in the public perception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver