Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they are doing this very publicly because there is a tremendous amount of interest in Gabby’s case? As someone else mentioned, they can now say the report is being handed over to the FBI/someone else and maybe finish their part in it for now, giving their offices a relief from what’s likely been never ending questions.

They know exactly what can and cannot be released to the public.

MOO
YES. It's the coroner's job to release the final determination as to MOD. Beyond that, is not his responsibility. Case managers take the wheel, and in this case it's the FBI. Nothing sneaky or mysterious about it. jmo

Quoted from last thread:
Cardinal47Well-Known Member
I've believed for a long time if anybody is helping Brian it's somebody living in his parent's basement and on the dark side of the internet! MOO
And thus relaunched the great basement discussion! Except @Cardinal47 never suggested the hypothetical basement was in Florida. It seems there was a misunderstanding that “parents” referred to the Laundries…

Quote: Press conference regarding autopsy 12:30 p.m. MT

Really wonder what will be anounced, feeling sad and anxious.

For those in Western Europe -like myself:

London time of the press conference: 07:30 PM

Paris - Berlin time: 20:30

IMO a nice, usable site for time conversion: World Time Clock & Map (Disclaimer: I am not connected to this site in any way)

Can someone who knows more about PACER tell me if this means something? I refreshed the court listener page and it says last updated was today 10/12 but last known filing was 9/30. Does the “last updated” automatically change to today’s date? Docket for United States v. Laundrie, 0:21-cr-00113 - CourtListener.com
This isn't PACER, it is CourtListener. I'm assuming it is updated based on what is available on PACER and the date would indicate the last time PACER was scanned for documents.

Speculating here, but if Gabby's stomach contents show partially digested food matching what she ate at the Merry Piglets, would the coroner be able to determine time of death?

What scientists know is that the stomach completely empties within 4 to 6 hours of eating. If the stomach is completely empty, the person died more than 4 to 6 hours after they last ate. If there is stomach contents and it matches a known meal such as the Merry Piglets, in this case, then the coroner would know she died within 4 to 6 hours of eating that meal.

I.wish we.knew what he was.so.upset about at the Merry Piglet?
They knew what they ordered! What was added to their bill to.cause him.to be upset!
Odd they conviently.can't remember! It was.to busy

I have wondered if, after the incident at the Merry Piglets on 8/27 where GP apologized to staff after BL repeatedly and angrily confronted them, BL decided to retaliate against GP for undermining him by locking GP out of the van for the night. And if so, maybe with a tent and sleeping bag and floor mat and firewood and matches and maybe not.

Typical minimum temperature on 8/27 for nearby Moose, WY is around 39 degrees F. I keep my refrigerator at 38 degrees F.

If GP were forced to camp outside throughout the night without adequate gear and provisions (ETA: or knowledge to use them) to keep herself warm in those temperatures, she may have succumbed to hypothermia. If she became wet in that creek, that would be even more likely.

If GP were suffering the effects of hypothermia and she had her phone with her, that could explain the odd text to GP's mother about Stan. If suffering the effects of hypothermia, GP may have been hallucinating that her grandfather was sending texts to her.

I'm very curious what time of day that text was sent and what the temperature would have been in that area around that time.

If such a scenario were to have happened, what would be the likely charges against the person who put GP in that position - locking her out of her van to cope with the elements on such a cold night and without adequate provisions?
But would the coroner rule homicide so quickly if this was the case? I'm thinking a weapon was involved.
JMO

First I've heard of parents refusing to take a polygraph. Not that I'm surprised, but it's good to know for sure.

"Laundrie's father has participated in a search of the nature reserve for him, but he has no plans to assist in police searches and the couple will not take a polygraph test, Bertolino said."

Gabby Petito: Authorities to provide more details on the final autopsy report, more than a month after she was reported missing - CNN
I wouldn't take a polygraph whether I was innocent or guilty....because I feel guilty about everything, lol! Seriously, I'd convict myself. jmo

Quote: Press conference regarding autopsy 12:30 p.m. MT

Really wonder what will be anounced, feeling sad and anxious.

For those in Western Europe -like myself:

London time of the press conference: 07:30 PM

Paris - Berlin time: 20:30

IMO a nice, usable site for time conversion: World Time Clock & Map (Disclaimer: I am not connected to this site in any way)
I checked, it's 12.30MT which came back as 18.30 GMT?
Now, I always mess it up so I could have that wrong

I agree. I am uber sensitive and I suffer from severe anxiety and panic attacks. I do need to remove myself away from situations, but I have never acted cruel or abused anyone. Even when I haven't gotten the time to rebalance my emotions, I don't act out like that. Yes, everyone is different. But BL seems to be an abuser - I mean, all you have to do is watch poor Gabby in those body cam videos.

well, we dont know if BL had anxiety in the first place...
Yes, we do. Brian told LE at the Moab stop that both he and Gabby suffered from anxiety, but hers was more advanced than his. Brian said neither of them takes medication for it. Police report here:

https://www.scribd.com/document/525664036/Petito-Moab#fullscreen&from_embed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member