Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
carrying this over from previous thread

Thank you providing the article on the different stages of decomposition after death.
The coroners office knows more than they are willing to release. He mention domestic abuse not much else. I would believe bruising would show up on the autopsy report.
This information will help with charging Brian with murder.

According to some of the reading I've been doing, even after significant decomposition there is often evidence of manual strangulation found, not on the exterior of the skin of the neck but in the deeper, soft tissue beneath the outer layer. Also the hyoid bone or thyroid may be damaged, finally petechia to the eyes and internal organs (pulmonary edema) can be evident.

I agree, they may have found plenty of evidence of a history of suspected DV during autopsy

The crime scene photos still tell a little more of a story to me. On many of those rocks, it looks like blood. JMO
I believe he strangled her, but I seriously wonder what took place for the "blood splatters" to be in many pictures. Of course, we get the watered down version because the safety of the case is at stake. But I definitely ponder a serious fight before the eventual strangulation. How awful, my heart is breaking.
No blood spatter has been confirmed.
The red paint was still wet when the journalists were allowed in, 30 minutes after investigators released the scene .
There has been no confirmation of a meaning for the areas they marked.

When the you tuber first released that video they'd found of Gabby's van I said that was BL closing the door so he would not be seen or stopped for convo. I suspected then she had just been killed.

I think it took place at night.

The positioning of the van was right where passing vehicles could see them (Red, White and Bethune being the perfect example)...

Unless, she was killed in the back of the van and it wasn't until nightfall that her body was taken to where it was found??

IF she was killed where she was found then I have to think it must've taken place at night. Surely it would be too risky to carry out a strangulation in broad daylight when there was the dirt road so close by?

MOO

Please can someone remind me of the approximate distance from where the van was to where GP's body was discovered?

Is there a specific reason why LE is STILL searching that darn reserve? That place is 25,000 acres, just cuz you enter one way doesn’t mean you have to leave the enter or exit areas, he could have exited from a side or something and of course not be seen leaving. No harsh judgment on LE side whatsoever but I feel they should search other areas, not necessarily give up the reserve but have search teams located at other places as well. The petito family are such amazing people. It’s hard enough that they don’t have her body, hard enough that they lost their child, but to not have answers would just be awful, speaking as a parent myself I would be so bent out of shape not knowing. I hope they get answers and justice.

*edited a typo

The crime scene photos still tell a little more of a story to me. On many of those rocks, it looks like blood. JMO
I believe he strangled her, but I seriously wonder what took place for the "blood splatters" to be in many pictures. Of course, we get the watered down version because the safety of the case is at stake. But I definitely ponder a serious fight before the eventual strangulation. How awful, my heart is breaking.
Maybe she hit him, in the nose?Could be his blood….

Can we take a minute to discuss how hard it is to strangle someone to death? It's not like on TV. They pass out long before they die. So he would have to have continued to choke her for a couple of minutes after she stopped fighting. It's hard to call this kind of manual strangulation rage/crime of passion because a strangler does have to put so much effort into it.
Three to five minutes. As someone else mentioned, prosecutor should set a timer in front of the jury with silence for three to five minutes.

How is strangulation not premeditated? Premeditation only has to be a few seconds. It takes minutes to strangle someone.

You are right! He had time to think about the act and continue. For MINUTES. He had time to reflect on his actions. It's premeditated. He intended to cause bodily harm, had time to reflect and stop, then murdered her.

I'm thinking back to the photo/video of BL and GP talking to LE. Many of us saw the finger marks on the outside of her arm. If the finger marks on her neck match the finger marks on her arm (if they showed up post mortem) maybe that could be a link to BL? IMO.

omg so sad...peeking in from work.
I knew this would be COD but to see it in writing...wow.

So that's a very personal way to kill someone. And someone familiar with putting his grubby hands on her face jaw and neck would have no problem doing that.

And anyone doing this well...it takes a while to strangle someone...it's not an accident....and he watched the life drain from her face and eyes with his own dirty hands around her throat.
Pig.

God bless Gabby....she can go home now.

I just missed the coroner's statement regarding DV, but is it possible he was referencing the Moab incident and the attention it's received relative to the attention other DV incidents have received as opposed to relating it to the autopsy?

No, he meant the case in general. But everyone is making a big deal of nothing IMO. How is it a slip up that he said that when we all know there was DV? It doesn’t mean anything. It doesn’t impact anything that he said that. All he wasn’t allowed to say was stuff about the autopsy and her body condition itself. We all know there was DV, we all know that BL most likely killed her.

I’m wondering if now that we know she was purposefully, intentionally, brutally murdered by strangulation, if a charge of depraved indifference can be added? Or is it superfluous to a murder charge? @Alethea please?

I mention this because all I can think of is how depraved he was to put his hands around her neck and keep them there, while she went from startled to scared to unconscious to dead.

Then when he was done with his hands, how depraved to use his feet to step on the gas and keep going, leaving her behind. One mile, two miles, 20 miles, 100 miles when at any time he could have turned back, turned himself in, called 911, or anything other than keeping that foot pressed on the gas for 2000 miles away from her. The stubborn determination it takes to do that. Depraved indifference IMO

How is strangulation not premeditated? Premeditation only has to be a few seconds. It takes minutes to strangle someone.

Actually time to deliberate while committing a crime and premeditation are two separate legal concepts. Manual strangulation does not prove premeditation by default. For example, the Washington State Supreme Court (State v. Bingham, 105 Wash. 2d 820) ruled that strangulation alone is insufficient to prove premeditation because "the opportunity to deliberate is not evidence the defendant did deliberate, which is necessary for a finding of premeditation."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela