Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not true. Even misdemeanors and violations that occur in Bridger-Teton and Grand Teton are by statute within the jurisdiction of the District of Wyoming. This is according to federal law. Plus, the FBI would not be leading the investigation if Teton County was investigating and prosecuting the homicide.

Violations In Yellowstone And Grand Teton National Parks And In Other Federal Enclaves
I'm not sure what you are saying. It does appear that the FBI is taking the lead, so far. Which is best since there are multiple states involved. And I am sure Teton County is fine with that. If the US Attorney defers on the murder, Teton County could then prosecute. The jurisdiction issues are very common and worked out by the prosecutors. Often terms are set forth in memos of understanding. We see these a lot in my area with prosecutions of military personnel on and off bases.

what date is on that photo, please?
B was back home on September 1.
How long could he have reasonably sustained visible injuries from 27-29 August? Maybe 5 days?
My problem seeing injuries is with the quality of this photo. His neck looks tatted or discolored also. IMO the photo is just so blown out it could be shadows, anything. Too much distortion for me to form an opinion, personally. MOO

We might want to be careful about the picture of BL with his nephews. There's a possibility that the photos people are poring over are NOT from the latest De Soto trip. Apparently on the exclusive clip it says that one picture was provided by CL of that crucial trip. The one where he has the red T-Shirt tied around his head like a bandanna. He has on black shorts. This matches with that other De Soto photo from a different camping family that is making the rounds, with BL possibly in the background wearing similar attire of matching colours.

The two pictures with BL in flowered shorts and white T-shirt may possibly from a previous outing. And therefore would not be relevant to the case. Don't forget that CL said they were there for only a couple of hours. Why would he change both shorts AND top?

That's what has bothered me about those photos - why a full change of clothes in a short visit?

In any case, I don't know how visible injuries would still be nearly 2 weeks later (~Aug 27 - Sept 6) MOO

I'm changing the current subject here.

I've been trying to put together a "timeline" between the last time Gabby was seen to Brian arriving in North Port, FL. and here is what I have come up with. If I have any information wrong, please speak up. Some of the information is my opinion, some gotten from the WS posted timeline, and some from media articles that I have summarized/reduced for clarity (which I have not linked). Mods, delete if this is not o.k.

AUG 27 – Couple seen at Merry Piglets in Jackson for lunch between 1-2 where they have an argument. It is 28 miles and 38 minutes travel time from the restaurant to the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping (SCDC) area where Gabby's van is supposedly seen by YouTube bloggers between 6:00-6:30 p.m. First strange text message from Gabby’s phone sent to mom regarding Stan (at least LE knows what time this was!).

My timeframe starts at 3:00 p.m, Aug 27th (one hour after the last sighting of Gabby).

AUG 28 - No known information.

AUG 29 - BL hitch hiked and picked up twice. First by MB and then by NJ, who drops him off at the gate to SCDC area at 6:30 p.m. Note: per Google maps it is 2.4 miles from the gate to the van and a 50 minute walk +/-. Elk hunters spotted the van on this date. Gabby was due to meet up with her pal on Aug. 29 at Yellowstone and was supposed to call her that day — the friend’s birthday — to nail down specifics, the Sun reported., but the friend never heard from Petito.
AUG 30, Monday – last text from Gabby to her mom saying she had no phone service at Yosemite — a message that NS is convinced didn’t come from her daughter (glad LE knows what time this was!)

Now, I used Google maps to get BL home and here is the (estimated) math. I actually started at North Port and worked backwards because we know the van was caught on camera entering North Port at approximately 10:30 a.m. Sept 1.

Travel distance between Spread Creek and North Port, FL is 2,375 miles and 35 hours via Google maps.

Transit van holds 15.4 gallons of gas and gets 23 MPG, approximate, so a tank of gas will go 350 miles. 2,375 / 350 = 6.7 stops to fill up. 15 minutes per stop = 100 minutes or 1 hour and 45 minutes just stopping for gas.

Possible goes thru Benton, IL (Aug 31 Central Time) returning home via use of GP debit card for gas. 14 ½ hours from Benton (spotted there possibly) to North Port. Arrives North Port at 10:30 a.m. Eastern Time via webcam.

BL committed debit card fraud between Aug. 30, 2021 (Monday) and Sept. 1, 2021 (Wednesday).

I picked gas stops that seemed likely to me based on how far he could go on a tank. It shouldn't matter because I am calculating the time/date.

Monday, Aug 30 Need to add 1.75 hours just for getting gas (15 minutes per stop), now at 7:15 pm Mountain time at Spread Creek. Does not include food, potty, or rest breaks. In other words, Brian could not have left Spread Creek prior to 7:15 pm Mountain time on August 30.

Aug 30 - Spread Creek Camping Area to Lander, WY is 137 miles and 2 ½ hours – Spread Creek at 8:30 pm Mountain time to Lander, WY at 11:00 pm
Aug 30 - Lander, WY to Cheyenne, WY is 272 miles and 4 hours – Lander, WY at 11:00 pm to Cheyenne, WY at 3:00 am
Tuesday, Aug 31 - Cheyenne, WY to Kearney, NE is 316 miles – Cheyenne, WY 3:00 am Mountain Time to Kearney, NE at 8:30 am Central time (4 ½ hours, lose an hour)
Aug 31 - Kearney, NE to Kansas City, MO is 325 miles – Kearney, NE at 8:30 am Central Time to Kansas City, MO at 1:30 p.m. (5 hours)
Aug 31 - Kansas City, MO to Benton, IL is 350 miles – Kansas City, MO at 1:30 pm Central Time and Benton, IL at 6:30 pm ( 5 hours)
Aug 31 - Benton, IL to Chattanooga, TN is 350 miles – Benton, IL at 6:30 p.m. Central Time and Chattanooga, TN at 12:30 a.m. Eastern Time (5 hours travel time, lose an hour)
Wednesday, Sept 1 - Chattanooga, TN to Valdosta, GA is 350 miles – Chattanooga, TN at 12:30 a.m. Eastern Time and Valdosta, Ga at 5:30 am Eastern Time (5 hours travel time)
Sept 1 - Valdosta, GA to North Port, FL is 310 miles - Valdosta, Ga at 5:30 am Eastern Time and North Port, FL at 10:30 a.m. (5 hours travel time)

So, IMO the death timeline window (gosh...I hate that I am even doing this) is from August 27th approximately 3P to August 30th 7P. I actually believe he left the morning of August 30th.

This is all just my opinion, speculation, etc. and nothing more.
There are possible sightings of gabby the morning of the 28th but unfortunately not msm. Unless you count the possible webcam footage of two people in town that look similar to them both. But this is a great timeline.

"We're moving towards filing charges but prosecutors are in no rush to file charges because once you file those charges, you have speedy trial rules and you have to try the case within 180 days," Aronberg said. "So prosecutors are going to make sure they have enough evidence before they file charges."

Looked this up in the Department of Justice archives:

The information or indictment must be filed within 30 days from the date of arrest or service of the summons. 18 U.S.C. § 3161(b).

Trial must commence within 70 days from the date the information or indictment was filed, or from the date the defendant appears before an officer of the court in which the charge is pending, whichever is later. 18 U.S.C. § 3161(c)(1).

Certain pretrial delays are automatically excluded from the Act's time limits, such as delays caused by pretrial motions. 18 U.S.C. § 3161(h)(1)(F). In Henderson v. United States, 476 U.S. 321, 330 (1986), the Supreme Court held that § 3161(h)(1)(F) excludes "all time between the filing of a motion and the conclusion of the hearing on that motion, whether or not a delay in holding that hearing is 'reasonably necessary.'" The Act also excludes a reasonable period (up to 30 days) during which a motion is actually "under advisement" by the court. 18 U.S.C. § 3161 (h)(1)(J). Other delays excluded from the Act's time limits include delays caused by the unavailability of the defendant or an essential witness (18 U.S.C. § 3161(h)(3)); delays attributable to a co-defendant (18 U.S.C. § 3161(h)(7)); and delays attributable to the defendant's involvement in other proceedings, including delay resulting from an interlocutory appeal. 18 U.S.C. § 3161(h)(1)(E). (Note, however, that the 30-day defense preparation period provided for in § 3161(c)(2) is calculated without reference to the Section 3161(h) exclusions).
So it's a little more complicated than just "you have to try the case within 180 days," and that clock wouldn't even start until after the defendant appears in court. The longer he's on the run, the longer that gives the prosecution to build their case against him.

MOU (My Own Understanding - and yes, please correct me if I'm misreading this somehow!)

Legally, what is the definition of being "honest"? That Brian's parents have told the truth, THE WHOLE TRUTH, and nothing but the truth? Because being evasive to police (handing them a business card instead of talking, not allowing them to see inside the dwelling where Gabby lived for 2 years and not providing full answers without delay) is not the whole truth.

Correct. It's not a statement at all... thus not dishonest. You can feel that their refusal to speak is immoral, but it is neither illegal, nor dishonest.

I'm quoting Dr. Blue at the press conference. I am thinking I missed where the autopsy report was released.
Thanks! Some media has requested the autopsy report via FOIA, so that is out now. Perhaps it came out even after your comment! But it is detailed there. No idea why he didn't want to talk about it at the press conference (perhaps too graphic? Just a wild guess!)

Here is a copy of the report:
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1448030680047304712

We might want to be careful about the picture of BL with his nephews. There's a possibility that the photos people are poring over are NOT from the latest De Soto trip. Apparently on the exclusive clip it says that one picture was provided by CL of that crucial trip. The one where he has the red T-Shirt tied around his head like a bandanna. He has on black shorts. This matches with that other De Soto photo from a different camping family that is making the rounds, with BL possibly in the background wearing similar attire of matching colours.

The two pictures with BL in flowered shorts and white T-shirt may possibly from a previous outing. And therefore would not be relevant to the case. Don't forget that CL said they were there for only a couple of hours. Why would he change both shorts AND top?

Everyone is also focusing on the red bandana from that picture on the rocks by the water. Does anyone else see he’s wearing gloves?

https://pisco-meaww-com.cdn.ampproj....com/6b852d77-67eb-4c96-b568-7e6992738346.png

Last edited:
upload_2021-10-12_15-37-18.png

" 'LONER' ON THE RUN
Brian Laundrie was a ‘chubby social outcast’ at school, says friend

BRIAN Laundrie was a "heavier set social outcast” when he was at school, according to a long-time friend.

Laundrie's pal exclusively told The Sun that Gabby Petito's on-the-run fiancé was nearly 40 pounds heavier when he was 14-years-old.

The friend said Laundrie was a private person that was never into social media or photos until he started his van travels with Gabby.

"These last two years were the most public and open he has ever been. He's a pretty disconnected off the grid type of guy, not the 'selfie' type."

“He's the type of person that would be able to drop everything to secure his means of not being captured and to evade arrest or evade prosecution from what seems to be a pending crime.”

The friend revealed Laundrie had “zero friends” in middle school and would sit at the lunch table with two other people.

The pair were friendly at that time but didn’t become friends until high school.

“Brian was very quiet in school. He was a bit of an outcast when he was younger. He was just so to himself.”

He added: “Brian cut his hair and lost weight in high school.”

The friend had been to Laundrie's residence in Bayport, New York, multiple times and visited the Florida home once.

'INTERESTED IN GUNS'
Within the friend group, a common interest is guns but he finds it eerie that Laundrie had been keen on moving to Florida since high school.

"A lot of my friends have guns and stuff,” the friend said.

“The gun laws in Florida were a lot less restrictive than New York so it was interesting for him to move to another state that allowed that.”

SOCIAL OUTCAST
Laundrie's friend group consists of four close members. The friend has a gut-feeling that Laundrie will reach out to him looking for help and it “freaks him out.”

“The reason it would be me is his other very close friends were also very close with Gabby but I was just very close with him,” the friend said.

“He might think I wouldn't hold some stigma or I wouldn't care about the matter.

"I get calls from unknown numbers and from blocked callers and my heart drops.

"I just think it's gonna be him on the other side, you never know.""

Brian Laundrie was a ‘chubby social outcast’ at school, says friend

Thanks! Some media has requested the autopsy report via FOIA, so that is out now. Perhaps it came out even after your comment! But it is detailed there. No idea why he didn't want to talk about it at the press conference (perhaps too graphic? Just a wild guess!)

Here is a copy of the report:
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1448030680047304712

He was probably concerned about giving more information than the FBI wanted to release if he took questions about it. You could imagine the media would want more detailed information than just "manual" and the FBI probably does not want to release what they know at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glitterbag