Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would that be enough for a jury? Some girls like to scratch during sex and Brian could try to make that claim.

It would certainly add to the circumstantial evidence though.
MOO I don’t think it would be enough but I do agree it would add to circumstantial evidence especially in the absence of unknown DNA or a third-party DNA on her. I think this case will come down to there’s no evidence of anybody else killing her. It would be virtually impossible to manually strangle somebody and not leave DNA, I don’t see how they can argue it was not Brian assuming no other DNA found.

Do you mean, they like to scratch while they are being throttled? Jeez-if somebody was strangling me during sex, you can be sure that I would scratch him. Anyway, I am not convinced that these two were even having sex at this point; they didn’t seem to be getting along, and BL seemed to have some pretty profound hygiene issues, which might make it unlikely.
No, that's not what I mean. Nor would the sex defense convince me. The question is what a jury would believe.

This thread is moving so fast today and I don't know if I can search for three letter words/acronyms. I could have sworn there was a post that indicated the FBI went to the Laundrie home today. This was much earlier today, soon after the press conference with the coroner wrapped up. Does anyone else recall that post?
I think it was the police due to neighbours receiving letter with $20. I thought B.E was going to report on it…can neither find a copy of supposed letter, nor a broadcast from B.E… thread is moving too quickly

Yup, he just thinks he'll smooth it all out with the cops, chatting away and being greasy, like he did in that Utah police video.

He'll probably say to the FBI: "Oh, officer, Gabby and I had an argument in Wyoming and broke up. She met some new travelling friends and wanted to stay with them, so Gabby said I could keep her van, as she wouldn't be needing it anymore. I don't know anything about her murder...I just drove back home to see my parents for a few days, then I went hiking around the entire USA by myself."

No wonder his hands were shaking so bad when with Moab police. He must have been terrified Gabby was going to tell them what he really did that day. I wish she had. I understand why she didn't, ive been there, done that. In my opinion, it is horrible how some men take advantage of young women, they are so vulnerable when finding a mate. Not only then, but many people don't realize when someone is abusing them while they are in love. Till its too late. Abuse ruins so many of their young years, when they should be the happiest and learning about themselves and how wonderful they are. Ugh, so very sad.

MOO I don’t think it would be enough but I do agree it would add to circumstantial evidence especially in the absence of unknown DNA or a third-party DNA on her. I think this case will come down to there’s no evidence of anybody else killing her. It would be virtually impossible to manually strangle somebody and not leave DNA, I don’t see how they can argue it was not Brian assuming no other DNA found.
I agree. I think when you add all the circumstantial evidence, it will be enough to convict him.

Wonder if through the years BL parents were afraid of him? Outbursts of temper tantrums, running away calling them ‘hiking’. Maybe they were happy about engagement thinking it made their son look normal but knew he wasn’t. This temper thing wasn’t his first JMOO

That is just dreadful. Threatening their children. No matter what Cassie knew or didn't know, her children are totally innocent.

The children of the Schmidt and Petito and Cassie's families are all collateral damage here. I don’t know how many half-siblings Gabby had, but I know at least Joe Petito has a son. And Cassie has two boys. Maybe the Schmidts have other children.

All of whom loved Gabby and probably loved Brian, and now somehow have to absorb not only that Gabby is dead, but that Brian did it. IMO.

here is some information on the siblings (generic without names; a few pictures are included). none of them look older than Gabby. :(

Gabby Petito memorial video shows scenes from childhood

ETA: the step/parents’ letter to the Laundries mentioned younger siblings plural:

Everything we know about Gabby Petito’s murder on ‘dream’ road trip

Last edited:
The Sun headline is overstated. Read the article. Nowhere does Dog say Brian killed Gabby while calming her down. This is a sensationalized interpretation of what Dog said about the Moab DV incident:

I know that she was very verbal because as they were arguing one time, the vacationers around them heard her yelling,” Dog said. “I know that he calmed her down usually by grabbing her mouth like that.”
The Sun took this statement and twisted it to make it appear Dog was speaking about Gabby's murder when he was actually speaking about the Moab incident. I am a little hesitant to defend Dog (I've never heard of him before this case) because he does seem to be a rather outlandish character, but I get disgusted at the news media and their tricks to create controversy and sell more papers.
I did read the article. I even went to the Sun article and the YourTango article. They both have the exact same quote that I posted. But thanks for the reminder to always check your source as I have noticed other posts that clearly have not read what they posted.

Laundrie 'called his parents immediately after killing Gabby,' Dog speculates

I’m still horrified. Do I think Gabby’s family would have felt better with the truth? No. Not better. There is no feeling better when your daughter has been murdered. But there can be truth. And justice. And eventually closure. So, yes, it makes a difference.

I agree this is a no-win situation. But to tragedy - I myself used the word tragedy in the last thread. Then the attorney used the word, and I knew immediately that I would like to take my words back and restate: Gabby was murdered in act of domestic violence with the most tragic possible outcome.

The way we talk about domestic violence matters. “Tragedy” is a word that hides the nature of what happened. Gabby’s death was not a sad, unavoidable accident. It was a crime - homicide.

I agree, get BL into custody, if he is still alive.

agreed. It's tragic she died but yes, we need to refocus it's a CRIME-HOMICIDE!

I don’t doubt that this’ll be the defense-but if I was a juror, I would want to know why he left her stranded in the woods without her van, possessions, phone, and debit card, so she could be victimized by some other dude. There would be no way to convince me, as a juror, that she said-“Go ahead, you can have all of my stuff and money and vehicle. I’ll just hang out here in the middle of the woods, looking for a stranger to give me a ride. I won’t have any money, but so what?”

Exactly. All too often people forget the “reasonable” part of reasonable doubt. His actions after the fact will be a huge part of the trial if we get a trial. It’s circumstantial evidence but it’s damning circumstantial evidence. That’s before we even get to what the FBI actually has and I’m betting it’s a lot.

Things are not looking good for Brian Laundrie.

thank goodness for that family driving by the van. Their information and video helped find Gabby and in time to establish COD. Their own personal story and the timing of it all is really amazing.
Good people trying to help in spite of their own loss.
Such a contrast to um...other people.

We may not like his lawyer, but I don’t think he advised the Laundrie family to send BL off somewhere to hide. Just my own opinion, but this hasn’t been a good idea, and it is very unlikely to have a good outcome for BL, or anyone else connected to him.

Oh yeah. No way imo did his lawyer, or anyone, advise his family to squirrel him away like that. It's been a terrible look for the Laundries in every aspect that he's hiding away. Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat