Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She might have enjoyed the books he recommended and was reading but seems unusual to me anyway. When I was her age I read my own books and my boyfriend read his own books or comics or whatever and it would not have occurred to me to read the same things as him. Maybe once in a while, but not book after book after book, all by the same author? To me that seemed like his idea. And for her birthday they went to the AT? Again that seemed like what HE wanted, maybe not her as much? Did she have to like everything he liked? From their SM it appeared that way, - another type of control. And then when she wanted to do a blog about their #Vanlife he was dismissive. And they couldn't even go to a restaurant without him blowing up in anger at the employees. He must have made her life just pure h***.

JMO

I personally view Gabby's positive and strong fighting spirit in light of the fact that she gave it to BL good, during that Moab incident ... to the point where she climbed over him to get in the van.

And in view of the fact that she kept working at Publix (up to 50 hours a week?) when BL apparently didn't want her to work there any more.

Also in view of the fact that at least two friends were quite vocal about the fact that Gabby and BL were great together, then they fought all the time, then they were great together. Up and down, up and down.

So, I guess I see her somewhat differently to your opinion.

imo

I just saw Dr. Blue on CNN Anderson Cooper.
He spoke about use of thumbs regarding manual strangulation v. mechanical strangulation.

P.S.
I thought he said at the presser that he wasn't going to address the report any further.

I really hope he isn't letting instant fame go to his head & says something that will screw up the Prosecutions case when this goes to trial.

It's really too painful to contemplate. He dumped her like a piece of garbage and fled with her valuables.

One thing I'm sure of, though. No jury is going to buy any excuse that she dumped him for some other dude and gladly handed over to him her van and credit cards.

Should this ever come to trial, of course, and I pray that it does.
She was skittish about driving the van. I can relate. That's a long way from home and it's not like driving a compact car. I hope that's always made clear if it comes to a trial. She seemingly didn't want to be on her own and perhaps that's why he wanted her off all to himself. Miles and miles away from anyone else. To make her more dependent on him. Of course, MOO.

I don't have a link handy, but I've seen the photos of BL at the camping trip at the DeSoto campground and it makes me want to vomit.

There is he is all yukking it up, happy as a clam, and poor Gabby who had agreed to be his wife is out there lying dead in the open.

Even on the off chance that he had nothing to do with her death (HA!) he certainly wasn't displaying any concern about her whereabouts.

To me it can be more of a reaction and not premeditated. A couple of examples are:
  • I knock over a glass. I don't think.. I need to grab that before it hits the floor and breaks... my arm immediately flings out and tries to grab the glass before it hits the ground. Reaction, no thinking "I need to do that"
  • Something flies out the air in my direction (thrown, falling, etc.). I don't take even a split second to think about it, I react and my arm flings up to reflect whatever the object is.
With that said, I think he was angered and reacted. I don't believe he thought a few second before.. "I'm going to strangle you..." and then did that... I believe his anger caused him to react, without thinking about his action, and he strangled her.

Sure, you can argue about how long it takes to kill someone by strangulation... but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about his initial response to whatever it is that triggered his action. And as for how long it takes... I'm in TOTAL agreement that he not only should have, be he COULD have stopped what he was doing without hanging on for up to 5 minutes. I'm not totally convinced that's premeditation either... maybe more caught up in the moment and unable to control his urges? I actually think "unable to control their urges" is the most plausible reason. If people could control their urges more, some people wouldn't do some of the horrific things they do.

I agree with you that I doubt BL set up a plan in advance to kill GP and waited for the right moment. I think it's more likely that during a fight or in a sudden fit of rage, he suddenly did it.

However, I think that legally this almost has to be premeditated because of the length of time strangulation takes. There is time to realize what's going on and stop your actions if in fact your intent is not to kill.

For example, if you want your victim to stop screaming at you or stop hitting you and you strangle them, they will stop doing those things when they pass out. To continue your actions at this point shows you intend to kill. IMO

Jossie Carbonare WPBF25 on TwitterWe spoke with PBC state attorney Dave Aronberg about #GabbyPetito’s autopsy results and he says strangulation could point to a domestic incident based on what we know about the fight between #BrianLaundrie & Gabby in Moab Utah weeks before her body was found.
6:15 AM · Oct 13, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Jossie Carbonare WPBF25 on Twitter
He also says that if #BrianLaundrie’s DNA is not found on #GabbyPetito’s body due to the time it spent exposed to the elements, prosecutors could still use other evidence.
6:16 AM · Oct 13, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

In reference to cell phones and other evidence that can be used - PBC state attorney Dave Aronberg says: “If #BrianLaundrie and #GabbyPetito's were pinging together throughout the entire time, that would be powerful evidence that would point to Brian Laundrie”
6:20 AM · Oct 13, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Today marks one month since #BrianLaundrie’s parents say they last saw him before he left on a hike & never returned. I asked the family attorney where the Laundrie’s stand with Brian still no where to be found & a person of interest in the #GabbyPetito case. His response:
FBk3tRZXoAYv2m2

6:31 AM · Oct 13, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
#ChrisLaundrie is now mowing the grass. It’s been one month since his lawyer claims he last saw #BrianLaundrie, and it’s the morning after #GabbyPetito’s homicide was declared a strangling.

8:27 AM · Oct 13, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Last edited:
Throttling is a term that means manual strangulation by human force.
What does ‘throttling’ mean, Gabby Petito’s cause of death?

Manual strangulation, also known as throttling, is a type of asphyxial death where the perpetrator uses his hand to encircle and compress the front and side of the neck. It is a common method of homicide, most often encountered when the physical size and strength of the assailant exceeds that of the victim.4The usual victims are females, children, aged people and those cases where the victim may be incapacitated due to drugs or caught unaware because of the suddenness of the act.h
Homicide by a combination of three different asphyxial methods - ScienceDirect

Jossie Carbonare WPBF25 on TwitterWe spoke with PBC state attorney Dave Aronberg about #GabbyPetito’s autopsy results and he says strangulation could point to a domestic incident based on what we know about the fight between #BrianLaundrie & Gabby in Moab Utah weeks before her body was found.
6:15 AM · Oct 13, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

He also says that if #BrianLaundrie’s DNA is not found on #GabbyPetito’s body due to the time it spent exposed to the elements, prosecutors could still use other evidence.
6:16 AM · Oct 13, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

In reference to cell phones and other evidence that can be used - PBC state attorney Dave Aronberg says: “If #BrianLaundrie and #GabbyPetito's were pinging together throughout the entire time, that would be powerful evidence that would point to Brian Laundrie”
6:20 AM · Oct 13, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

FBk3tRZXoAYv2m2

6:31 AM · Oct 13, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
#ChrisLaundrie is now mowing the grass. It’s been one month since his lawyer claims he last saw #BrianLaundrie, and it’s the morning after #GabbyPetito’s homicide was declared a strangling.

8:27 AM · Oct 13, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
Why does no one ever ask SB where he thinks BL is? Or where he last spoke to BL? "No comment" is better than no answer.

I was wondering if anyone believes that GP and BL actually camped at the spot she was found or was it a dumping site? I do not believe that she camped there at that location. First reason, she appeared to camp close to the van at other campsites per her posted video. Second, very rocky terrain to go back and forth if you needed to go back to the van. Also, it was posted that she sent a snapchat about heading to Yellowstone on the 27th. In addition, the van was left in a very isolated location, almost hidden by trees. I wonder if she would have even been located if not for the Youtuber's Go Pro video. I wonder if they got into an argument inside the van on their way to Yellowstone. Perhaps, he pulled over because he didn't want to experience what he had in Moab. Could he have strangled her right in the passenger seat somewhere between Jackson and Spread Creek Rd turnoff?

On Dr Phil, the step father mentioned a firepit and a clearing area where a tent would have been. It's possible that the firepit was there long before she was placed there.

Also, she was wearing a sweatshirt. Would a sweatshirt be worn in the afternoon hours in Jackson during an August afternoon.

Would love to hear the thoughts of others.
thank you for reading

For example, if you want your victim to stop screaming at you or stop hitting you and you strangle them, they will stop doing those things when they pass out. To continue your actions at this point shows you intend to kill. IMO
SBM & BBM
I don't think people are giving this the appreciation it warrants. We see strangulation often times in husbands trying to delete his wife/ family to change his life. I don't see any evidence of that here (unless he just wanted to be alone.) To me, that makes it all the more disturbing.
It's possible that she was leaving him, but that Moab stop left him with a lot to work with as far as manipulation goes. JMO

He spoke about use of thumbs regarding manual strangulation v. mechanical strangulation.

P.S.
I thought he said at the presser that he wasn't going to address the report any further.

I really hope he isn't letting instant fame go to his head & says something that will screw up the Prosecutions case when this goes to trial.
"We believe this was strangling by a human being," Blue told CNN's Anderson Cooper.”
Coroner says Gabby Petito's cause of death was strangulation

To me it can be more of a reaction and not premeditated. A couple of examples are:
  • I knock over a glass. I don't think.. I need to grab that before it hits the floor and breaks... my arm immediately flings out and tries to grab the glass before it hits the ground. Reaction, no thinking "I need to do that"
  • Something flies out the air in my direction (thrown, falling, etc.). I don't take even a split second to think about it, I react and my arm flings up to reflect whatever the object is.
With that said, I think he was angered and reacted. I don't believe he thought a few second before.. "I'm going to strangle you..." and then did that... I believe his anger caused him to react, without thinking about his action, and he strangled her.

Sure, you can argue about how long it takes to kill someone by strangulation... but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about his initial response to whatever it is that triggered his action. And as for how long it takes... I'm in TOTAL agreement that he not only should have, be he COULD have stopped what he was doing without hanging on for up to 5 minutes. I'm not totally convinced that's premeditation either... maybe more caught up in the moment and unable to control his urges? I actually think "unable to control their urges" is the most plausible reason. If people could control their urges more, some people wouldn't do some of the horrific things they do.

Great post. :) I both agree and disagree.

If premeditation can be a few seconds thought in the middle of an act of rage, then I need a new word to replace it with. IMO, a non-premeditated murder is based on the circumstances surrounding the crime. The question I ask myself is simple. Would the accused have ever murdered if they were not placed in a sudden traumatizing situation that caused them to lose control?

The problem I have with this description in Gabby’s case is the ongoing abuse. If a history of abuse can be proven, then BL's reactions fit a pattern. BL himself was aware of that pattern and knew that his behavior was dangerous. After all, he had lifted that weapon before, put it down, and then lifted it again.

I’m not sure someone can allow their rage to become common-place then use it as a defense for a lesser charge. Also, if the trigger for BL’s rage is not a shocking and sudden situation, but normal human behavior on the part of the victim such as “she texted her friend” then this defense becomes even more difficult to believe or accept.

Also, if the trigger for BL’s rage is not a shocking and sudden situation, but normal human behavior on the part of the victim such as “she texted her friend” then this defense becomes even more difficult to believe or accept.

I'm not sure we will ever know the reason. There is only BL to say why.

Gabby Petito: Attorneys say first-degree murder charge likely after autopsy result

"You put your hands around the neck, that’s an unwanted touching, that’s simple battery or assault. Then you start to squeeze, your argument could be, ‘Well, I just wanted to scare them.' But then you contuse to affix pressure… There’s a certain amount of minimal time that someone needs to do that before somebody is dead," Eiglarsh said.

Gabby Petito: Attorneys say first-degree murder charge likely after autopsy result | Fox News

P.S.

I watched Anderson Cooper last night also, very interesting. Anderson had the only interview with Dr. Blue. I'm glad he was on the show because the actual press conference was terrible.

For me it got interesting when he was asked about why he called it DV. Dr. Blue said it was his assumption, rather than a fact. IMO Dr. Blue gathered information surrounding the days leading up to the murder and came up with that conclusion. It was the totality of that information that lead him to believe this was DV.

He also pointed out Manual Strangulation is a violent crime. I don't know if this particular show will be shown somewhere in a repeat, it was definitely worth watching.

Brian Laundrie’s sister, family threatened, police records show | WFLA

8 On Your Side has been digging into police records to see the impact of the frenzy surrounding this case on the investigation.

While authorities have not released evidence linking Brian to Gabby’s death, as the manhunt continues, many are angry at Brian and his parents.

New records show the fury of this case extends 40 miles away to the home of Brian’s sister, Cassie Laundrie.

Cassie Laundrie and her husband outside their home
upload_2021-10-13_9-24-17.png

Records obtained by 8 On Your Side show, Manatee County Sheriff’s deputies have dropped by the home numerous times in a span of two weeks.

The first call for help came two days after Brian was reported missing.

According to the calls for service log, on Sept. 19, Cassie’s husband James reported he was getting “messages from random people.”

The messages included threats about “killing his family and kidnapping his kids.”

Following the threats, deputies periodically checked in on the family. On Oct. 1, there was a call about “suspicious circumstances.”

Officials investigating and dismissing a possible Brian Laundrie sighting. Then, there’s the disturbance from the protestors.

“We’re not supposed to talk with anybody and you’re making my children cry,” said Cassie Laundrie.

Cassie Laundrie even took questions from a small group of protesters outside her home and clarified some of the timelines around her brother’s disappearance and the death of Gabby Petito.

Former FBI agent Dr. Bryanna Fox says each time there’s a false sighting, a trespasser or a threat, precious resources are pulled away from solving this case.

“Anytime that there’s a death threat made against somebody, law enforcement takes it extremely seriously,” said Dr. Fox.

“It is illegal, it is irresponsible, it is extremely harmful and on top of it, it’s going to just make finding the person whose responsible for Gabby Petito’s murder that much more difficult.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela