Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there are all sorts of theories on where BL is hiding....Mexico, Bahamas, a swamp, the AT, and I think the Adirondacks. This is like a warped where's waldo. Let's smoke this guy out.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Know there was some talk of her being killed elsewhere and dumped-not sure I agree given the description of where she was found compared to the van. IMO, she was killed there and then placed on her side under a blanket with boots next to her to appear as if she was sleeping. My guess is that Brian flew back to FL mid-August to clear out the storage locker and told his parents at that time that things were not working out. I’m not sure he planned to kill her, but it sounds like there was more fighting than not when he returned. I think MAYBE things were better at first (the “we’re engaged” encounter) and then things started getting bad again. Final blow up was at Merry Piglets. She was distraught-they went to the camp site-found the clearing to watch the stars or just to talk (where she would eventually be found). They started talking about the fact that things were not working again and had different ideas of what to do next. Maybe Brian was done. Gabby was not. Fight happened and he strangled her. Placed her in sleeping position and-quite possibly-just started walking from there. The huge unknown is August 28. No sighting. No social media presence-then it started up again on the 29th. He may have just been trying to get as far away from the scene as he could — remember he didn’t have a lot with him when he was picked up on the 29th. I think he told his parents there were issues during his trip home so when he originally came back alone, no one thought it was odd. (ok I would have but..) Gabbys dad never went to the Laundries (saw some discussion on that earlier). They called, texted , and then asked the police to check. I don’t think they knew the can was back until the police officer knocked on the laundries front door. I do think the parents should have been suspicious when Brian was home and they started getting texts, calls etc. IMO-he said not to answer because she would contact them soon and he didn’t want to talk to them (“she left me”). It’s stupid-but it fits what we know. I also briefly thought maybe he THOUGHT he strangled her just to unconsciousness and then left her alone to mentally abuse her when she woke up…but I would think it was pretty apparent that she was dead. IMO. it would be nice to know where he was on 8/28.

(edited spelling)

JS, GP’s step-father, said in his Dr. Phil interview that there were remnants of a fire ring near her body (and a clearing for the tent, possibly). He also said he identified her by her sweatshirt.

The details came out yesterday that she was found with her hiking boots next to her and maybe partially covered with a blanket of some sort. No signs of a struggle.

Between Aug. 27th-30th, the daytime highs were 60/70s and evenings were 30s.

It all tells a story, to me.

I think in the moments before her death, GP was sitting on the ground in front of the fire, with her sweatshirt on, wrapped in a blanket, and she had taken off her boots. It makes sense to me then that it was likely late-evening, when the temperature had dropped.

Maybe a fight ensued and BL attacked her while she was right there on the ground. If she had the blanket wrapped around her arms, maybe she couldn’t fight back effectively, or he caught her off guard and slammed her head against the ground while he was choking her. It’s terrible to think about, but it would explain a lot. Jmo.

Links:

Gabby's Parents Come Together

Gabby Petito crime scene and cause of death

Weather in August 2021 in Jackson, Wyoming, USA

Well, there are all sorts of theories on where BL is hiding....Mexico, Bahamas, a swamp, the AT, and I think the Adirondacks. This is like a warped where's waldo. Let's smoke this guy out.

And there’s also the possibility that he’s dead, which is seeming more plausible with passing time.

Add to that WWOOFing someone caught from Moab bodycam, post upthread. Needle in a haystack. But, on the bright side, we are a lot of people looking & we won’t stop! Right?!!!
Destinations | WWOOF

JS, GP’s step-father, said in his Dr. Phil interview that there were remnants of a fire ring near her body (and a clearing for the tent, possibly). He also said he identified her by her sweatshirt.

The details came out yesterday that she was found with her hiking boots next to her and maybe partially covered with a blanket of some sort. No signs of a struggle.

Between Aug. 27th-30th, the daytime highs were 60/70s and evenings were 30s.

It all tells a story, to me.

I think in the moments before her death, GP was sitting on the ground in front of the fire, with her sweatshirt on, wrapped in a blanket, and she had taken off her boots. It makes sense to me then that it was likely late-evening, when the temperature had dropped.

Maybe a fight ensued and BL attacked her while she was right there on the ground. If she had the blanket wrapped around her arms, maybe she couldn’t fight back effectively, or he caught her off guard and slammed her head against the ground while he was choking her. It’s terrible to think about, but it would explain a lot. Jmo.

Links:

Gabby's Parents Come Together

Gabby Petito crime scene and cause of death

Weather in August 2021 in Jackson, Wyoming, USA

I agree - when I heard the details about the fire, boots and blanket, it reminded me of someone maybe lying under the stars by the fire. JMO.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

I sure hope we are.

It's not conducive to sleuthing if everyone has already decided that BL is a depraved serial killer, 100% guilty, and should be executed.

I hope those who wish to share other alternative narratives or theories are allowed to do so within the TOS.

JMO
You must have been reading my mind!

I'm going to spin you a little story. My point being that I have no idea what happened to Gabby Petitio, and neither do you.

Brian and Gabby have an argument, he storms off to hike, she remains to work on blog. While he is gone, she is murdered by who only knows who (were 2 other woman not shot, possibly by a creepy camper they reported?) Perhaps this perp decided to try up close and personal, strangulation.

Brian returns to find Gabby deceased, he panics because they were just stopped (Moab) for a DV, had a scene at Merry Piglets, and he thinks "oh my God, everyone will think I did it"!

He dithers around in shock and horror hitchhiking, wondering what to do, becoming unhinged.

He goes home the only way he has, Gabby's van, Gabby's card. He tells Mom and Dad this horrible story. Realizing once your entangled with the police, the police will try to convict the most likely person, they lawyer up and follow his advice to a T.

He tries to shake off the horror, his parents are stunned, questioning everything, shutting down, maybe he did it, what if he didn't, a waking nightmare.

Brian can't take it anymore, his poor family, (who doesn't know the truth either way) he leaves or commits suicide.

In my story, which could be true, do the Laudries deserve the hell inflicted on them? No. So, can we just wait for the facts before we condem them all?

Please don't misunderstand me, I grieve for the Petitos and want whoever murdered their child brought to justice. However, I don't want to see people condemned on speculation. <modsnip>

If you have never been involved with law enforcement then it's easy to say "oh they should just go to the police". Jails and prisons are bursting with people who shouldn't be there, all because they were easiest to convict. No one should ever speak to police without a lawyer. <modsnip> All IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
Has there been any reliable comment that Petito ever had any self defense training... or martial arts involvement? Did she have, carry, or have access to a firearm, bear spray, pepper spray, or other weapon?

I agree - when I heard the details about the fire, boots and blanket, it reminded me of someone maybe lying under the stars by the fire. JMO.
I don't know, as this is grizzly bear country. I personally wouldn't even sleep in my tent there. And then it was quite cold, not sure if they sat outside that much (knowing bears could come as well). MOO of course.

I think he either killer her while she was sleeping (in the tent or van) or completely somewhere else.

Gabby's dad never went to the Laundrie house. He stated this in his first interview on Dr, Phil (before Gabby was found). He did go the North Port PD but he never went their house
I took that to mean literally "never"... but I suppose it may have meant during this most recent turn of events. Clarification of that distinction would be interesting and insightful.

I took that to mean literally "never"... but I suppose it may have meant during this most recent turn of events. Clarification of that distinction would be interesting and insightful.

Once Gabby went missing and even after her family was informed that her van was in the Laundrie's driveway, JP never went to the Laundrie house. Although it has not been said by him, my presumption is that he and the other family members are following LE guidance/requests very closely.

Once Gabby went missing and even after her family was informed that her van was in the Laundrie's driveway, JP never went to the Laundrie house. Although it has not been said by him, my presumption is that he and the other family members are following LE guidance/requests very closely.
Got it... so he had, in fact, been to the now-infamous Laundrie house on prior occasion(s), correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow