Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that picture/location is gorgeous.
You know, while they will not have 'closure' I hope they have peace that they did their girl right and will continue to parent her by finding justice. I think this month must have been grueling--this long process of delaying grief must have been so hard. GP is somewhere I hope, cheering them on. JMO>

BBM. The problem is that those in normal relationships aren't aware of what constitutes the red flags of domestic violence which usually starts out in private. BL was so emboldened by his control of Gabby, he carried it out in public.The MOAB police didn't recognize the red flags that strangers saw and resulted in calls to 911. Education on DV should be taught in high school instead of learning about it by experiencing it or watching a loved one experience it. jmo

BBM
Respectfully disagree with that statement.

Just because someone isn't in a dv relationship, it does not mean they haven't a clue about the red flags....

I've never been in a relationship where dv featured, however I know the red flags.
I'm very aware of the warning signs for dv, da, coercive control - as I'm sure many others are, who have never themselves experienced it.

There is a lot of education on these matters and information widely available. In the UK anyway IME.

National Parks and Military bases are the only two federal entities that reliably have their own SAR or...LE. For the most part, states and counties handle those services, including ME services, for incidents on federal land (often including federal preserves and monuments as well).

Some NPs have no on-site LE or SAR (Channel Islands NP is one) and rely quite a bit on the Coast Guard and the Counties of Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara when something goes wrong. The Feds have some good resources at their disposal (military/Coast Guard) but not a lot of field agents who actually go around putting up Missing Person posters or Wanted posters (I don't think they have any agents who do that - the USPS puts them up in post offices...where only a few people go these days). National Parks definitely post posters about some fugitives (but that guy who escaped from the Kansas Mental Hospital for the Criminally Insane and who is a POI in the Moab murders...wasn't one of them, even though they thought he might be hiding out in and near National Parks).

Ordinary people attempting to confront and photograph or corral dangerous fugitives is really not done these days. That sort of manhunt will occur only if the FBI thinks they know a person is in a particular region, but if it's out in wildlands, it will be uniformed local people and various federal agencies - headed up by the FBI - who get involved).

Presumably, neither local nor federal LE thinks that BL is armed and dangerous at this time...

edited and BBM to correct dates

With all the theories flying around, there’s just one point I keep coming back to that baffles me. (I have zero expertise or experience and I’m in Australia so totally different laws.) Can anyone explain this to me with facts?
When NPPD went to the L’s home on the very first visit 9/10 was this not a ‘welfare check’ for GP & BL instigated by calls from the P’s. (Or on any subsequent visits 9/10 & 9/11) If so, how are LE not REQUIRED to at least sight individual/s.
How can they possibly determine location or lack of knowledge of same on the say so of BL’s parents? Neither GP or BL are minors

The only thing I can think of, in this regard, is that it has something to do with this ....

"Law enforcement agencies involved in the Gabby Petito disappearance investigation say they did everything they could to keep an eye on her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, before he disappeared himself."
Brian Laundrie search: Police did ‘everything we could’ to keep eye on him before disappearance | WBTW

We don't know how the police were 'keeping an eye' on BL. Perhaps part of that was somehow having had a visual on him at some point(s).

There is SO much we don't know. imo

It is possible that since the dogs did not find BL, the presumptive assessment is that BL is next likely to be in Florida. That is based on my observation of the law enforcement response exercises and Gov. D. statement that BL will be found by Florida law enforcement.

Thank you for posting this!! I have be searching everywhere! It’s so hard to keep track of with little coverage over in the UK.
I can’t help but be gripped by this case.

I have a question for anyone who has the time to answer and my apologies I am sure it has already been covered loads here but when was the last confirmed sighting of BL by someone who isn’t his parents? Is that information available?

Would this still apply if he was not a federal fugitive at the time or can it be retrospective?

Not retractive. It's only after the person is named in a crime and I do believe that the person has to be convicted of that crime before the aiding and abetting part comes in.

Obstructing or lying are different matters, though. Two more, separate charges.

Nice post. Thanks. :)

One reason could simply be that they thought their son would be unjustly accused if he came forward. Now, I'm not saying I believe that, but I don't know what he told them. He looks guilty to me, but he may not look guilty to his mother.

The next thing I’m going to say is bizarre…imagine you believe your son has broken up with his gf and he shows no other signs of anything sinister and all of a sudden everything blows up and things go incredibly wrong, you are then advised to not contact GP’s family because it wouldn’t really help and anything that you say may be damning even if it is “I’m so sorry”, they’re advised to shut out police, again “just in case” and so on. You are scared, terrified (not as much as GP’s family obviously) but you have no way of making things right because you have been told not to say a word. All of this while trying to come to terms with the fact that your son may have or most probably has killed his girlfriend, the girl who lived in your house. I sometimes wonder about the Laundries. I no way condone anything about any of this ever but I just wonder from inside their house how things played out. The delay I mentioned was *if* they knew anything it surely delayed LE becoming involved before. I just wonder…
All MOO and now bed because work in the morning and it’s 1am.

Thank you for posting this!! I have be searching everywhere! It’s so hard to keep track of with little coverage over in the UK.

I have a question for anyone who has the time to answer and my apologies I am sure it has already been covered loads here but when was the last confirmed sighting of BL by someone who isn’t his parents? Is that information available?
It is not available IMO.
Loads more here on the 'date adjustment'
Laundries changed date of brian's disappearance - Google Search

The Ls were far from helpful it's true.
But the Ps were in no way constrained from calling LE at any point they chose to do so.
The Ls didn't tell them any lies, they simply ghosted GB's family.
Not admirable behavior imo but are the Ls liable for remaining silent?
IANAL
jmho
Your post reminded me of one thing I’ve wondered about. When Brian first came home, he had Gabby’s van. Without debating van ownership, I’m curious if the Laundries had a responsibility at that time to contact Gabby, the police, or the Petitos and somehow verify that this girl was okay. Her residence was their home, her vehicle came back without her… I understand BL could have spun a story, but I do wonder if they would be liable in some way if it turns out he did, indeed, tell them the truth? That would be 2 weeks of evidence degrading and knowledge of a missing person where nothing was reported. Aside from just morally feeling wrong, at that point are they accomplices? Do residents of the home where an adult lives have any type of legal obligation to report of a person seemingly disappears while living under their roof?

(Just to be very clear, I do not know BL and I do not know the Laundries. I have no idea if he was more likely to tell them the truth or to tell them some type of story).

MOO.

100% confirmed? I’d say the people in the campground. Anyone else he may have crossed paths with, really had no need to remember him. Perhaps a neighbor saw him after the camping trip but even those dates seems to be variable depending on people’s memory. If he drove anywhere it’s possible he would show up on a traffic or business camera.

BBM
Respectfully disagree with that statement.

Just because someone isn't in a dv relationship, it does not mean they haven't a clue about the red flags....

I've never been in a relationship where dv featured, however I know the red flags.
I'm very aware of the warning signs for dv, da, coercive control - as I'm sure many others are, who have never themselves experienced it.

There is a lot of education on these matters and information widely available. In the UK anyway IME.
I’m from the UK too, I agree with teenagers getting taught about DV in school, I have a 19 year old and she get told about it from me not school, I agree not everyone has to have been in a DV situation to understand red flags, as someone who was in DV I wish I had been taught about it in school so that I could have recognised the signs when I met him aged 19. Gabbys family have said several times that they don’t want her death to be in vain and that they hope they can help educate others in DV. I think they’re amazing for what they’re doing for others in such tragic circumstances.IMO
ETA - more education can’t be a bad thing IMO

Last edited:
When I found websleuths years ago- I was blown away - finally I had found a place where people who are missing and/or murdered are not forgotten! I couldn't believe there was a group dedicated to keeping the flame burning, with intelligence and determination, to figure out as much as they could to help find missing persons.
What a place for people who don't let go and forget that "a life" is missing from this world, from those that love them. Thanks to all of you for continuing , for beating the limited and frustrating ' dead horse' facts we have , for waking up and wracking your brains at 3:37 AM or in the middle of your day at work. We are a world wide group connected by empathy and "not forgetting" and honoring , wanting to know beyond the sensationalized media blitz that shines brightly for a week or so. Where did they go? Where are they? Who is responsible? Where is the justice?
Thanks for being here, thanks for being good people!
Carry on!

Last edited:
Your post reminded me of one thing I’ve wondered about. When Brian first came home, he had Gabby’s van. Without debating van ownership, I’m curious if the Laundries had a responsibility at that time to contact Gabby, the police, or the Petitos and somehow verify that this girl was okay. Her residence was their home, her vehicle came back without her… I understand BL could have spun a story, but I do wonder if they would be liable in some way if it turns out he did, indeed, tell them the truth? That would be 2 weeks of evidence degrading and knowledge of a missing person where nothing was reported. Aside from just morally feeling wrong, at that point are they accomplices? Do residents of the home where an adult lives have any type of legal obligation to report of a person seemingly disappears while living under their roof?

(Just to be very clear, I do not know BL and I do not know the Laundries. I have no idea if he was more likely to tell them the truth or to tell them some type of story).

MOO.
If your scenario is true I doubt the Laundries would confess to it. JMO.

I am not sure that recall anything definitive after the Ft. De Soto camping trip. The campers next to the Laundries "may" have captured a photo of BL. Also, his sister said that she and her kids saw BL also at Ft. De Soto. Has there been anything confirmed after the camping trip?

Exactly, they could have easily had their lawyer or somebody call LE and tell them the last known location of Gabby without incriminating anybody in anything. IMO What they did to me shows that they are heartless individuals that have no compassion or care for anyone other than themselves.
This is why I wonder if BL is dead and they just don't care. Not Impossible. Stranger things happen. MOO

That's why I think either they have a truly terrible lawyer OR that there was not a single truthful word they could say without potentially implicating BL in some manner, however minor.

And I would include phrases such as "I don't know" when asked where Gabby was, if the question was asked on August 11-18. I do not believe that all three Laundries could have truthfully answered "I don't know."

Same for the question of where Gabby's phone was.

You just know if Gabby is sitting up there somewhere on a cloud watching all this that her heart is shattered. Not only did the man she loved and even defended cruelly take her life (is there really any doubt it was him?) but then he just left her there all alone in the dirt, stole her money and van, and went on a camping trip where he laughed and posed with his nephews for happy snaps, all while she’s still lying out there and her parents are desperately trying to find her. It boggles the mind to think someone you planned to spend the rest of your life with could cast you aside so easily, destroying both you and your family. I hope he’s found soon and locked up till he’s 100. MOO

You just know if Gabby is sitting up there somewhere on a cloud watching all this that her heart is shattered. Not only did the man she loved and even defended cruelly take her life (is there really any doubt it was him?) but then he just left her there all alone in the dirt, stole her money and van, and went on a camping trip where he laughed and posed with his nephews for happy snaps, all while she’s still lying out there and her parents are desperately trying to find her. It boggles the mind to think someone you planned to spend the rest of your life with could cast you aside so easily, destroying both you and your family. I hope he’s found soon and locked up till he’s 100. MOO
THIS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member