Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulled from previous thread

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

"Weird. Almost like they drew the media to the area while doing other stuff elsewhere......"​

When I was watching the WFLA livestream, they showed the footage they got from when the police left. It was one car. One strip of police tape quickly removed, and one car does see like an easy, effective decoy...MOO

Last edited:
Is it not typical for LE to be carrying large rifles during this search?

If not, it seems like something is up.

If BL is found in the reserve I will be very surprised.

If they are indeed searching for BL then IMO they do not believe that he is dead. The only time you need guns against the dead is when you have a zombie problem. Otherwise, guns are for the living.

Just like @TheGardener said, I also believe that the hitchhike, bike ride etc were all alibi thing. They didn't expect her to be found so early. That one thought makes me puke.

He will still need somone's help and if the Laundries are in constant supervision, who is helping him?

Those rifles are the only defense between a human and the wildlife. Traipsing thru there without a gun would be foolish, regardless of why you’re there. Sometimes you hear the threat before you see it. Think rattlesnake. I can’t imagine BL went in there without a gun. I’ve walked thru the Myakkahatchee park. It’s rudimentary in its services, very natural, not populated and I swear, the bugs can tote you away.

Could this apply to the Laundries and Petitos? Torts intentional infliction of emotional distress
My opinion = long shot. The Petito's appear to be conducting typical daily activities (for the circumstances) in a lucid and non-crisis manner. I think they'd have a hard time demonstrating 'intent' and decreased mental health. But that's just my take on it. I have no deep educated or real world familiarity with such a thing.

Intentional infliction of emotional distress

MOD Note:

LINKS - To avoid having your post removed and to help your fellow posters understand what you are talking about, include links to any news information you are posting. Be sure it is from a MSM journalist or LE agency.

This thread moves too fast to assume everyone knows what you are referring to, AND it is a TOS requirement.

If they are indeed searching for BL then IMO they do not believe that he is dead. The only time you need guns against the dead is when you have a zombie problem. Otherwise, guns are for the living.
The area may already be known to host a population of large alligators. I wouldn't go off trail or near water without a large gun, either. BL might be dead, but lots of other things are alive in there. jmo

A zombie problem would just be another strange factor to this strange case. Nothing surprises me any more.

Hold please. Checking prior threads for speculation that Laundrie is a zombie. I'll fax you my findings. lol

My opinion = long shot. The Petito's appear to be conducting typical daily activities (for the circumstances) in a lucid and non-crisis manner. I think they'd have a hard time demonstrating 'intent' and decreased mental health. But that's just my take on it. I have no deep educated or real world familiarity with such a thing.

Intentional infliction of emotional distress

There is a lot more latitude in civil lawsuits than in criminal cases. I’m sure we’ll be finding out in due time what the Laundries will be hit with. That they were in close consultation with an attorney may help them in this regard.

Those rifles are the only defense between a human and the wildlife. Traipsing thru there without a gun would be foolish, regardless of why you’re there. Sometimes you hear the threat before you see it. Think rattlesnake. I can’t imagine BL went in there without a gun. I’ve walked thru the Myakkahatchee park. It’s rudimentary in its services, very natural, not populated and I swear, the bugs can tote you away.
May I ask, since you've been there, is that property typically patrolled by, say, park rangers or something like that?

Bringing over from previous thread, as it was closing when I hit reply: Like a hundred times, @TheGardener!!

Like a million times!!!!

And...that is one costly pork chop the Laundries threw!
Cha ching!!!

Like a million from me too. I can't figure out how to answer a post from another thread so regarding the "don't talk to LE advice" I see from so many: if it's true that no one should talk to LE, then we have a completely broken system. If it's being suggested that LE can't be trusted to not get false confessions from people like it's a hobby of theirs, I could not disagree more. And from my perspective, if you are innocent you have nothing to worry about. Seriously. Nothing. Guilty people not only don't talk to LE *even with their lawyers present* like I suggested, but they RUN, which is what our dear BL did. Pointing to guilt, IMO.

Did BL run during the Utah traffic stop? Did he act like he didn't want to talk to the cops? No, he enjoyed his chit chat with the cops there in Utah... he was talkative, even. He volunteered information, he proudly showed them all the scratches that Gabby had inflicted upon him. He was happy to help. He didn't look overly upset, or like he didn't want to talk to the cops at all. He even laughed with the cops. When he thought they were scrutinizing his girlfriend, he was there for them.

JMO

Last edited:
The way I understand it is he fled the crime scene, hiked to Colter Bay Village and hitchhiked back to Spread Creek Campground . Two different witnesses said they picked him up on the 29th of Aug and the second one dropped him off at the road to the campground and the van. Sometime after that, he Drove to Jackson and was seen purchasing gas, around 11pm, then, presumably began his drive back to FL. jmo

That the coroner‘s report could not place time of death into a narrow window leaves things wide open to speculation as to when Gabby was killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67