Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The witness at the restaurant, Merry Piglets, said in her interview that she pointed out the confrontation between Brian, Gabby and the staff to her partner. I'm getting that he wasn't aware of what was going on. What I take from that is that it must not have been the screaming match that I had previously thought, based on prior discussions of the incident.

And the first thing the witness describes is Gabby getting up crying, then Brian angry with staff. Yes, various ways to interrupt. Not necessarily mad at each other. This might change my opinion on how this influence what happened at Spreading Creek, and Gabby's boots still with her. Did they camp there on the 27th together? Was it something else?

For me, the fact that the woman who saw Brian and Gabby in Merry Piglets has an online presence/following loosens her credibility.

I wonder how many extra followers she's gained since going public with what she saw? The stories she posted about it were certainly very self-indulgent and melodramatic IMO.

Also, if she had to point out to her other half that they were arguing when this was supposedly going on at the table right next to them it can hardly have been an argument with raised voices, otherwise she wouldn't have needed to point it out.

Unless the tables in that restaurant are positioned 40ft apart perhaps.. ;)

MOO
She may have had to point it out to her partner at first, but anyone would surely notice a customer coming in four times to continue the argument. MOO.

Or it could have been just angry talk at first but became a screaming match when he went back in four times to argue.
Ita.
Why go back 4 times ?
Once would be understandable, although again I'd just pay my tab and maybe consider other options for future dining out ?
And weren't they on a budget ?
Eating out can be expensive.
Just saying. :)

The witness at the restaurant, Merry Piglets, said in her interview that she pointed out the confrontation between Brian, Gabby and the staff to her partner. I'm getting that he wasn't aware of what was going on. What I take from that is that it must not have been the screaming match that I had previously thought, based on prior discussions of the incident.

This I guess is why I used this as an example of something we think is important now, but may turn out not to be important.

If it turns out to be true that BL had an unreasonable public outburst, GP was crying and apologetic, etc, it would certainly point to BLs state of mind mind and could serve as further evidence of an abusive nature or even point to a possible triggering event for the murder.

But what if it's totally exaggerated? What if he just complained to the hostess about the bill and left? What if it was just general dissatisfied customer situation and BL and GP went on their way and were fine for another few hours or couple of days until something else triggered the murder? In that case, the Merry Piglets incident is unimportant.

The point is we don't know what happened beyond the restaurant's confirmation that they were customers that day, and one patron's public allegations. There could be more to it, or not. We just don't know.

MOO

Edit to add - I'm sure the FBI knows what happened by now and will use that information as necessary.

Last edited:
I think he is being helped, somehow, but I can't figure out how. jmo
He could have rented a house, paid cash and receive deliveries without meeting a single soul.
He could have used the Mustang to carry his gear there with a lot of supplies. Left it back in the swamp or paid somebody to drive it back for him.

She may have had to point it out to her partner at first, but anyone would surely notice a customer coming in four times to continue the argument. MOO.

I guess I'm not very observant then :) Unless I was seated right by the door or right next to the hostess stand, I'm not sure I'd notice who was coming in or going out of a restaurant if I was already seated at a table. And it's my impression that restaurant is usually quite busy so there would be lots of people coming in and going out. Of course, if I was already watching a couple and I'd pointed them out to my companion so he was watching them too I guess we'd notice if they came back. Maybe.

JMO

Ita.
Why go back 4 times ?
Once would be understandable, although again I'd just pay my tab and maybe consider other options for future dining out ?
And weren't they on a budget ?
Eating out can be expensive.
Just saying. :)
Brian allegedly left and returned to argue four separate times within the same incident. They didn't return on four separate occasions to continue the same argument from a previous visit. It sounds to me like at some point Gabby and Brian were dissatisfied enough to leave and then Brian went back in a few times to give them a piece of his mind... or maybe they were asked by management to leave and Brian was going back in and out trying to plead their case to the manager. Either way it seems they visited Merry Piglets that one time.

ETA: I think I mistook your point the first time I read it. I see it now as why return to argue within that visit more than once.

He demanded to be let out when he saw they were taking the other road that that went away from where the van was parked. Perhaps he didn't want to alert his first ride of where he was actually trying to go, or planned to say they could just drop him at a location once he was near the site. He was more clear on his second hitch attempt. Or maybe he was panicked, originally wanting to flee without the van, but had second thoughts and hitched back to the van. Perhaps he was just looking to make imprints on witnesses that he could tell his story to about being away from his girlfriend for a length of time that, coincidentally, she just happened to be killed during.

Agree with your post. Do you remember how long BL said he had been hiking without G? I believe he told someone that had picked him up. TIA

I guess I'm not very observant then :) Unless I was seated right by the door or right next to the hostess stand, I'm not sure I'd notice who was coming in or going out of a restaurant if I was already seated at a table. And it's my impression that restaurant is usually quite busy so there would be lots of people coming in and going out. Of course, if I was already watching a couple and I'd pointed them out to my companion so he was watching them too I guess we'd notice if they came back. Maybe.

JMO
Then we are different. I certainly would notice a patron coming back in four times to argue with the staff.

He could have rented a house, paid cash and receive deliveries without meeting a single soul.
He could have used the Mustang to carry his gear there with a lot of supplies. Left it back in the swamp or paid somebody to drive it back for him.
I guess anything's possible, but wouldn't the landlord have a clue? I'm stumped. I see where he could have taken a lot of cash with him, but not a lot of supplies and no vehicle. Dunno. jmo

If he came back in to argue 4 times then that would indicate to me, IMO, that he was angry at the restaurant/staff and not so much at Gabby. If his ire was at Gabby he had no reason to come back into the restaurant, they just would've carried on arguing outside.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Brian's anger seemed to be aimed at the restaurant/staff, but much has been made about an argument between him and Gabby at their table before staff got involved.

If Gabby was crying, then it's not unreasonable to think that Brian was angry not at Gabby, but he was defending her, or was angry because something had upset her.

MOO

For me, the fact that the woman who saw Brian and Gabby in Merry Piglets has an online presence/following loosens her credibility.

I wonder how many extra followers she's gained since going public with what she saw? The stories she posted about it were certainly very self-indulgent and melodramatic IMO.

Also, if she had to point out to her other half that they were arguing when this was supposedly going on at the table right next to them it can hardly have been an argument with raised voices, otherwise she wouldn't have needed to point it out.

Unless the tables in that restaurant are positioned 40ft apart perhaps.. ;)

MOO
Maybe every witness is actually telling the truth to the best of their ability.
That girl got an enormous amount of online bullying at the time.
Everybody said she was lying and she was abused.
Then the merry Piglets confirmed they had indeed been there.
We all see through our various filters, we are not a homogeneous lot.
Live and let live, I reckon.

If he came back in to argue 4 times then that would indicate to me, IMO, that he was angry at the restaurant/staff and not so much at Gabby. If his ire was at Gabby he had no reason to come back into the restaurant, they just would've carried on arguing outside.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Brian's anger seemed to be aimed at the restaurant/staff, but much has been made about an argument between him and Gabby at their table before staff got involved.

If Gabby was crying, then it's not unreasonable to think that Brian was angry not at Gabby, butI he was defending her, or was angry because something had upset her.

MOO
I have not seen anyone say that Gabby and Brian were arguing before his anger at the staff. It is being spoken about as another demonstration of his lack of control over his anger.
Were have you read that they were arguing and the staff got involved?

Agree with your post. Do you remember how long BL said he had been hiking without G? I believe he told someone that had picked him up. TIA
He said how long to Miranda Baker (first ride). jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member