Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I believe Brian came home with the van because he knew he had time on his side. No one would know Gabby was missing for at least a week, and it bought him some time. And if he ditched the van, he'd be leaving a trail that led back to where Gabby was. The longer he could keep LE from finding Gabby, the longer he'd have to plan.
So he drove the van home, the family met at Fort De Soto and that's where it makes the most sense that they finalized any plans and said their goodbyes.
Then Mom took Brian to ATT and got him a phone, that's a fact that we know. But why did he leave the phone behind? I can only think the phone was bought as part of the plan. So did finding Gabby so quickly make the family have to do things in a different way?
I don't think Brian drove the car to the reserve. I think his parents drove him somewhere and then parked the car at the reserve as a red herring. It was meant to keep LE busy at the reserve.
So where would they have taken Brian? Bus stop? Airport? Did they get him an uber from downtown? Meet up with a friend who took him on the next leg of the trip?
I keep wondering if he's somewhere in Long Island or if he's somewhere between North Port and Orlando because that trip to visit their attorney made no sense.

I would love to know who paid for that phone after he returned to Florida? Did he use Gabby's card/funds or did Mom pay for it?

I would love to see the search warrants and what was recovered from the Laundrie home. Did they recover her bank card? We know they recovered an external drive from the van. I would also love to know where both Gabby's phone and his pinged last.

For me, the fact that the woman who saw Brian and Gabby in Merry Piglets has an online presence/following loosens her credibility.

I wonder how many extra followers she's gained since going public with what she saw? The stories she posted about it were certainly very self-indulgent and melodramatic IMO.

Also, if she had to point out to her other half that they were arguing when this was supposedly going on at the table right next to them it can hardly have been an argument with raised voices, otherwise she wouldn't have needed to point it out.

Unless the tables in that restaurant are positioned 40ft apart perhaps.. ;)

MOO
I'm not going to hold it against her that people flocked to her social media after she reported what she saw. A lot of those followers are probably from here, looking for more info.

I'd think the tables were spread out a bit, since we are still in a pandemic situation. It doesn't surprise me that her partner didn't notice at first. Mine is oblivious to stuff like that until I point it out. They probably were not 'yelling' at that point. I'd think the server would try to be discreet and try to calm down the situation. JMO

Where was Gabby's van parked when it was towed by the FBI? I can't locate it in any thread, was it at the Laundries home? In the driveway? In the garage? At the reserve? In the parking lot? off the road?
I believe it was in the driveway. No media was there when it was towed so I don't think there are any photos or video. A neighbor reportedly said that he/she? heard it being towed around 11pm on the 11th. That would have been shortly after Gabby was declared missing by NY LE Can't remember if they said that they actually saw it. JMO

Just like…”Coddle”. To treat in an indulgent or overprotective way”

It was parked, in plain view, in the Laundrie's driveway.
Did you see a photo of it there on the 11th or prior to the 11th? Where was the Mustang, and truck? ty jmo

I’ve been curious about the phone situation with BL. Apparently, his mother went with him to get him a new cell phone on Sept 4 after he came home without one. That was the phone he left at home when he took off to the Reserves

There was a sighting of him having a cell phone by some at the Moab stop but some vagueness on whether he had a working phone. It appeared to me that he just used Gabby’s (like her card, her van). But mention that his and her phones were disconnected effective August 31.

Anyone know what his phone situation was? I have a feeling, he didn’t have a working phone in the trip. Decided to just pay for the one (Gabby’s). There might be very little useful tracking on his phone. Last I read, they couldn’t find those phones but got the records for them.
Unless they can pinpoint Gabby’s death to before that Yosemite and Stan texts to her mother, can’t definitively rule out she was alive and texting then.

ESPECIALLY if that SO living in my house. I’ve seen too many ugly break ups. Doesn’t pay to get involved with the other parents. I keep it pleasant and social.

But I would not likely have permitted kids’ SOs to move in with me. Not for more than short visit.
The police report says both had a cellphone in case of an emergency. Also, Brian called his mom that he was arriving home early which explains why she cancelled camping trip reservations for 2 people on August 31.

I initially thought this could be a possibility, but it doesn't explain why she stayed in a SLC hotel for a week. It was almost as if she was waiting for him to come back. If she was truly wanting to break up with him, I feel she would have left the area. At least headed back to Long Island.
My take is that it seemed (based on the Moab cop cams) she was very frustrated and desperately needed to get a Van Life video posted. This was a perfect opportunity to do that, and Brian could just go back to FLA to clean out the storage, pick up some things, whatever--to get out of her hair so she could concentrate. Maybe while he was there he could pick up some money? Don't know if he was getting government checks, but if he was, that was an opportunity to get them deposited.

None of this would be relevant in court anyway. Not for BL's trial. The fact that BL's parents did not answer calls from GP's parents has nothing to do with a murder that happened in Wyoming.

It may become relevant if the parents are ever on trial though. imo
I think it would be relevant. The DA would ask each of GP's parents how they found out their girl was missing. They would describe how they kept reaching out to BL and his family but got no replies.

It has a lot to do with a 'murder in Wyoming' if the vehicle belonging to the murder victim was driven straight to the Laundrie residence and no one would explain to the victim's parents why that happened.

Also, Gabby's friend Rose told the dailymail that Gabby admitted to her that she had slapped Brian, and that he pushed her after an argument over Gabby going out with Rose, and that Gabby was going to call Rose on her birthday AUGUST29th!......to meet up with them in Yellowstone.

Rose said Brian was jealous of their relationship. Could this have been the reason they were fighting? And not the incident at Merry Piglets?

I think there is enough circumstantial evidence out to convict him, and should spend the rest of his life in prison or hospital, but I still want to know WHY it happened. For him to take responsibility and admit what lead up to him losing control. Why didnt he try to get help if he could no longer control his emotions.

Brian Laundrie is 'well equipped' to survive MONTHS in the 25,000-acre nature reserve | Daily Mail Online
BBM
Why would she feel the desperate need to slap him?

There is way more to the situation that caused GP to slap BL:

Rose Davis has claimed her fiancé Brian Laundrie, 23, was a jealous and controlling partner in their relationship.

BL stole Gabby's ID so she couldn't go out with Rose.

BL later tried to stop them from hanging out and being friends.

The two were such good friends they even shared their locations with each through an a app, but when Laundrie found out, he made Gabby delete it.

He'd demand she be home for dinner, often cut their time short. He'd demand to pick GP up from her house, even when she had a car and offered to drive.

Rose, who knew that her friend suffers from anxiety, said 'for her anxiety to act up like that, there has to be a decent thing to trigger it. Something had to happen, or just a lot of things had to build up.

Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online

Instead they went camping together. Must be the parents were not too upset.

Not answering the other parent's phone calls is perplexing though. If not upset why not answer?

just for argument and analysis sake, let's take BL's parents out of this- suppose everything happened as it did- BL went "home"- but say the parents either did not exist or were stationed overseas and unavailable. phone calls not answered. attorney hired. BL vanishes. does it change what we think about BL's location/status? I think no. IMHO.

I believe it was in the driveway. No media was there when it was towed so I don't think there are any photos or video. A neighbor reportedly said that he/she? heard it being towed around 11pm on the 11th. That would have been shortly after Gabby was declared missing by NY LE Can't remember if they said that they actually saw it. JMO

NS has stated that the 11th is when she was told that the van was in the Laundrie driveway. I am really curious as why the North Port PD could not or did not get a search warrant to the Laundrie house right then. He was the person last known to have been seen with her.

NS has stated that the 11th is when she was told that the van was in the Laundrie driveway. I am really curious as why the North Port PD could not or did not get a search warrant to the Laundrie house right then. He was the person last known to have been seen with her.
Especially at that time it was Gabby's residence as well. Wouldn't it make sense since her van was there to assume Gabby had come back with him? Unless when they went to the home they were told Gabby hadn't come back with Brian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay