Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you. One reason she might have made a pretend call, could have something to do with the adrenaline rush of being pulled over coupled with GP's age (immaturity) and the fact they were pulled over because a stranger reported her boyfriend was hitting her... so perhaps it was a reflex type thing to act like she was calling her parents?

I don't know, I am like you just trying to figure out what was going on with that phone call to no one... (or so it seems).
Is there ANY evidence that she called anyone? Because she is holding her phone? Maybe the phone had been hidden from her for a while and she was checking for messages she may have missed during that time? jmo

I think BL staged his disappearance with the assistance of others and if he is in Carlton Reserve he is no longer alive. My theory is that he went a long way away as quickly as possible (before LE knew he was missing) and is in hiding until the publicity for this case dies down. He may re-emerge in the future with a fake identity and changed appearance.

That text: "no service in Yosemite" on 8/30 was a crucial mistake as well.

My guess is, it came from somewhere around Illinois/Missouri on his trip home, he was stalling the parents to give himself time to prepare to be on the run.

Definitely a mistake.

Why the mistake?
What about a predictive text error <modsnip>

<modsnip>
eg BL meant to type Yellowstone but didn't realise the phone had auto-typed Yosemite instead

Last edited by a moderator:
also possible because the pair do chat later, according to the clip below.

@allaboutrial posted this link recently
Cassie said she face-timed Gabby sometime between 17th & 23rd while Gabby was alone in that hotel room so maybe she felt relatively close to Cassie?
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1448098986494148611

ETA @64WhetstoneRoad forgot to add the Cassie ABC transcript.
Worth considering Cassie reaction here, when TV reporter asks her if she has seen the bodycams now. Does she sound shocked to you?
Plus we get the feeling that GP is not ready to leave this relationship when we look at the bodycams.
maybe Gabby would feel comfortable speaking to someone who also thought this was all no big deal?

(type in the word 'spat' in your search and it should take you to that part if you want to check link) https://web.archive.org/web/2021092...family-speaks-sister-breaks-silence/11025914/

Question: So when you saw the video, did it, just look like a spat to you or did it look like your brother was, or, you know what I mean like does it just?

Cassie Laundrie: It looks typical of both of them, they whenever they fight, they would take a little break and come back and be fine, because that's what you do in a couple - sit there in the mountains together.

Thank you for the extra info, I couldn’t quite remember if Cassie had ever addressed the police stop.

Is there ANY evidence that she called anyone? Because she is holding her phone? Maybe the phone had been hidden from her for a while and she was checking for messages she may have missed during that time? jmo

The female officer mentioned something about letting her get back to her call, and mentioned to another officer that she was speaking to her parents. That is what I am going on. MOO

Last edited:
SBM
It's a very interesting topic - what should have been in the van. Even if BL tried to sell a story about Gabby going off on her own, with or without a friend, surely she would have taken her things? Her toothbrush? Her hair brush? Were her things still in the van?

My guess is that BL was not thinking clearly during those days and did not want to be seen dumping her things all along the interstate, and may have wanted to sell his parents the story that Gabby would fly in later, etc. So I bet her things were still there - all of them. That puts a strong kabash on "Gabby was wandering around National Parks by herself or with friends."

It also shows that BL left Spread Creek knowing that Gabby didn't need those things and never would, so he didn't even think about them. In other words, he did no staging that we know of.

If her things are not in the van, where are they? .

IMO her things went out with the Laundries trash before the van was removed by LE

The reason the coroner gave a vague time frame has more to do with rate of decomposition, which varies by temperature, and stages of insect life around the body which follow a pattern. So it could be this or that, but we know the last time that GP was seen alive was Aug 27th. So don't worry about the scientific 3-4 week vagueness, but think about the facts we know.
I agree. The coroner would not base his determination of TOD based on SM or MSN. He would go strictly on scientific facts and his findings.

i heard he talking to someone on her phone even before the officer opened the door.

I think @WizardQuest is saying the mistake was BL using GP phone on the road while GP was deceased in GTNP not just the yellowstone/yosemite mixup

Yes later on - with the benefit of extra information since then ( post autopsy info we all have now) but what I'm saying is that it was clearly a red flag mistake, weeks ago, in terms of alerting GP's parents

Her mum brought it up at the very beginning .
Indeed it's even in the uncle's checklist ( see top of previous page & there's a screenshot in the ' uncle's list')

You got me thinking... if RL had witnessed episodes or was aware of how BL treated her, I think you could be right. GP could've felt that calling her was the best bet. I am positive that if her own parents knew about how he treated her they would have done everything possible to pull her away from him. GP seems like the type of person that wanted to help BL, and "save" him so to speak. She may have thought she could have helped in the long run. All speculation and MOO.

It makes my stomach hurt to even imagine that was Gabby's motivation to stay with her would be killer. Unfortunately it's probably true. She appeared to be a nurturing little mother hen.

eta: She had four younger siblings she probably learned to this from. Playing mommy to all of them.. they were lucky.

An observation I have:
This appears to have been written above the first line. In my opinion, it appears it could have been something learned after the initial list was written thus added to the top. The same for “Brian went to Florida”. These two are written next to one another at the top and don’t appear to be part of the initial list format. (Larger letters in chronological order, skipping a line between each event) JMO

Last edited:
i heard her talking to someone on her phone even before the officer opened the door.

Last edited:
I think it is a real possibility. I also think that he may have realized his mistake and that's why he disposed of the phones.
We can't sleuth the parents or family but I do wonder if Stan is who is "helping" him. jmo

Did anyone verify if indeed, Gabby's grandad had repeatedly called/texted/left voicemails?

I'm sure you have all discussed this already, but Brian Entin reported on NewsNation this evening that a camper on the Appalachian trail, who went to a hotel last night was greeted with a surprise awakening by US Marshals, placed in cuffs, and fingerprinted. I thought it was great news not only that we're hearing US Marshals are on the case, but that LE is pretty confident that prints it has on file are in fact BLs. IMO Note that BE said on Newsnation that he was fingerprinted; the article below does not make mention of this. BE will appear on NN hourly and it'll be interesting to see if he has further information.

Brian Laundrie look-alike claims he was ambushed by US Marshals on Appalachian Trail
Brian Laundrie 'lookalike' ambushed by U.S. Marshals on the Appalachian Trail

Last edited:
One of the weirdest aspects of this case is the almost complete lack of friends coming forward to speak for or against either GP or BL. Rose is pretty outspoken and I read an article from someone who worked with her in NC who said they had a shared interest in art (I think). But she didn't come across as someone really close to her. And there have been a few statements from people who new them in high school.

But where are the accounts from her ex-boyfriends? Did she ever date anyone else but BL? Or teachers, "GP was a such a treasure to have in the classroom" or "BL was kind of quiet, but he never caused any trouble".
There was an interview many threads back , with an ex boyfriend who went to the military . Said so many lovely things about GP .

An observation I have:
This appears to have been written above the first line. In my opinion, it appears it could have been something learned after the initial list was written thus added to the top. The same for “Brian went to Florida”. These two are written next to one another at the top and don’t appear to be part of the initial list format. (Larger letters in chronological order, skipping a line between each event) JMO

That is genuinely a great spot!

With us here without all the known facts and evidence none of us would know this falls under the felony murder rule. We just don't know. jmo

BL could have fought with Gabby, telling her he was going to take her van, her debit card, and any cash she had available. All of this if proven would fall under the felony murder rule, if it's true and can be proven in a court of law. jmo This is just an example of how that would/could apply in this case.

You can, of course. IMO it would never fall under the rule under those facts and it's not applicable. MOO. It also doesn't "need" to. MOO That's all. I think the constant focus on this is going down a rabbit hole. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member