Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's my understanding" is a long walk from evidence of any kind. If there has been official statements saying anything related to a date certain, please share. But thus far, so far as I've seen, there is none.
I agree that SB has no obligation to be truthful to the public. What is the Unauthorized use of an access device charge in reference to in your opinion then?

Except if the kid was a fugitive, like BL is, maybe they don't want to beg for him to be found because that means going to prison.
My parents were in a similar position before, with my brother. They just wanted him to be safe, even if that meant in a prison cell, rather than be in an unknown location with unknown vitals. The Laundries didn't beg for him to be found before he was charged either. IMO they're behavior is suspicious, but even with that said the media/public's response to them has been insane. I can understand them not wanting anything to do with the media or the internet to avoid any other crazy situations like the drone.

Since he did not murder her in front of witnesses and she was left in a wilderness with no emergency care, all they can do is guess that death occured from the time she was last seen. I am sure they have phone and SM records , as well as BL on camera driving back to Florida in her van without her. Jmo

Right. I think the point is, there is not yet any evidence we've seen that has her dead by 8/30.

I am sure there is more evidence, but none that has been presented here. And, so, citing 8/30 as a date certain that she is deceased is unsubstantiated.
Well, I can say with hand on heart that we didn't make that one up, here.

The FBI says Laundrie, 23, has been indicted by a grand jury on charges "related to Mr. Laundrie’s activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito."
Arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie for 'unauthorized use' of credit cards related to Gabby Petito case
See wording.. news release.
https://twitter.com/FBIDenver/status/1441170971453390874?s=20
It states clearly-'following the death of GP'
The transactions were made between August 30-and September 1.

This is how the confusion arose.

Yeah. & IMO I was thinking that the only way they could have proof for an indictment that it was in fact unauthorized use was if they knew for sure Gabby was dead during the time frame the card was used. I’m no lawyer, but I would think they’d have to have some sort of proof to present to a grand jury that it was unauthorized. I can’t think of any other proof. JMO.

I believe it was an attorney poster here, way back when the indictment came out, explained that the unauthorized access device was a PIN. Even if the account is shared, each would have their own PIN. And from the bank's perspective, this is the unauthorized use. The account holder could not give permission (legally) to someone else to use the PIN that the bank issued to them.

The impression I got was that the indictment did not depend on GPs death, but the press release that came with the indictment did mention the death.

But I can't find the post that explained this, so MOO

Perhaps it was @Alethea ?

Edit to add - I assume though that the FBI has proof GP was not the person who used the PIN at the time(s) in question - surveillance footage, etc.

Last edited:
I agree that SB has no obligation to be truthful to the public. What is the Unauthorized use of an access device charge in reference to in your opinion then?
His use of her credit card. Whether she is/was alive or dead, they could arrest him for that. I think they need some formal charge to get a warrant and to hold him if found, and that is the easiest option.

IMO - and I am purely speaking on this because its how I feel - I am frustrated and appalled that his parents wouldn't at the very least make a personal public statement/plea (ie - not via SB). I think what people are hoping is that the "harassment" will get to them and make them crack. I also think the lack of emotion we are seeing from them is making it worse. Its like when I was younger and used to annoy my sisters...the more they ignored me, the more annoying I got! :D
One only makes a public plea when perhaps they want the missing person to be found.

I am glad someone here mentioned Gabby possibly using wifi at Merry Piglets. That might have lead to the confrontation between Brian and staff.

The one witness that has come forward said she thought they were asked to leave, and first thing she noticed was Gabby getting up crying and leaving. And I thought somewhere I read they only purchased a milk shake. Cant find the link.

This MIGHT explain why Brian continued to go back, and tried to negotiate something. Could they buy food, or something else? Restaurant might have said, no please leave you are only here to use our wifi. It would explain why restaurant is staying mum on the subject. And why Brian got mad.

"It's my understanding" is a long walk from evidence of any kind. If there has been official statements saying anything related to a date certain, please share. But thus far, so far as I've seen, there is none.
Also there is this straight from the FBI..."...Mr. Laundrie's activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito." https://twitter.com/FBIDenver/status/1441170971453390874/photo/1
FAARXG5UcAQuUJD

Well, I can say with hand on heart that we didn't make that one up, here.

The FBI says Laundrie, 23, has been indicted by a grand jury on charges "related to Mr. Laundrie’s activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito."
Arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie for 'unauthorized use' of credit cards related to Gabby Petito case
See wording.. news release.
https://twitter.com/FBIDenver/status/1441170971453390874?s=20
It states clearly-'following the death of GP'
The transactions were made between August 30-and September 1.

This is how the confusion arose.
As i stated above, the credit card charge does not mention her being dead. The press release with the quote you mention is related to the arrest warrant, which was approved by the Grand Jury after she was found. They were able to approve the warrant (i presume) based in large part on his having an active charge against him for using her credit card illegally (illegal because his name is not on the card, not because she was already dead).

Even SB has admitted as much, “It is my understanding that the arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie is related to activities occurring after the death of Gabby Petito and not related to her actual demise,”
If LE said at this point that it was related to her demise, the media would be asking why he hasn't been charged with murder.
jmo

Right. I think the point is, there is not yet any evidence we've seen that has her dead by 8/30.
I do not know what evidence LE may have, but they are very good at narrowing TOD down by forensic evidence from the body as well as phone, SM, last date that anyone saw or spoke to Gabby. They have to use common sense and reasonable deduction. Unless they have a witness who saw or spoke to her after the day she was last seen at the restaurant, the 27th would be the last time Gabby was seen alive. Jmo

Since the park/reserve has been re-opened to the public, does that mean that LE has concluded their search of the area?

If so, I assume that means they will be following other leads in other locations, but I'm curious as to how open they will be about their efforts moving forward. I feel like everything has been so public up to this point because it was in such close proximity to the Laundries' home and reporters could easily move between the two locations. If LE is branching out, it is going to be harder for the media to really be on top of their movement. Considering how close LE has held their investigation, I don't see the public really getting much more information than what they already know at this point.

I was thinking over the weekend - since BL has been charged with credit card fraud, that means one of two things (or possibly both) have happened: 1) The story we heard early on about video capturing BL at a gas station in Benton was true and they have the video or 2) GP's card was in his wallet.

LE has been pretty good about clearing up any potential sightings or rumors that aren't true. However, nothing else has been said, that I have found at least, about the stop at the Benton gas station, which leads me to believe there is actual surveillance footage of him. His parents also said he left his wallet and phone at home the day he went on his hike. LE has the phone, so I assume they also have the wallet.

Has anyone else seen anything on this?
No.
They didn't say whether his wallet was empty or full tho'.It's easy to leave an empty wallet and an equally empty phone behind.
It looks good on paper but meaningless.

So now that the Carlton Reserve and Myakkahatchee Park are open...... we'll see private drones out there, 4 wheelers, hikers, etc. That reward money is enticing to some I am sure. A cold front is going thru this week and the weather has been beautiful. But.....it is still very wet out there. I did see the mosquito planes were out this week. Plus, hurricane season is not over.

FWC has choppers out frequently, there are mosquito choppers/planes, etc. It is possible they'll spot something at some point.

Florida Wildlife Commission = FWC

Since the park/reserve has been re-opened to the public, does that mean that LE has concluded their search of the area?

If so, I assume that means they will be following other leads in other locations, but I'm curious as to how open they will be about their efforts moving forward. I feel like everything has been so public up to this point because it was in such close proximity to the Laundries' home and reporters could easily move between the two locations. If LE is branching out, it is going to be harder for the media to really be on top of their movement. Considering how close LE has held their investigation, I don't see the public really getting much more information than what they already know at this point.

I was thinking over the weekend - since BL has been charged with credit card fraud, that means one of two things (or possibly both) have happened: 1) The story we heard early on about video capturing BL at a gas station in Benton was true and they have the video or 2) GP's card was in his wallet.

LE has been pretty good about clearing up any potential sightings or rumors that aren't true. However, nothing else has been said, that I have found at least, about the stop at the Benton gas station, which leads me to believe there is actual surveillance footage of him. His parents also said he left his wallet and phone at home the day he went on his hike. LE has the phone, so I assume they also have the wallet.

Has anyone else seen anything on this?
As far as I can tell from their website, Carlton Reserve (where they've been searching) is still closed. Staff has notified us that effective Tuesday, Sept. 21, 2021, the Carlton Reserve is closed until further notice. Recreational opportunities are available at nearby preserves.

It is Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park that reopened.

Since he did not murder her in front of witnesses and she was left in a wilderness with no emergency care, all they can do is guess that death occured from the time she was last seen. I am sure they have phone and SM records , as well as BL on camera driving back to Florida in her van without her. Jmo
Cameras have BL getting gas in Illinois then around 15 hours later, arriving somewhere in Florida. My guess is BL would not abandon his Mustang unless he had another vehicle. BL was seasoned at driving long distances without any sleep at night or very little sleep. I think he left Florida and drove as much as he could to flee. With a passport, he could have easily gotten into Canada out West prior to his parents filing missing persons report. My guess is his parents knew he reached a safe location prior to filing missing persons report. I also believe there's other DNA (by unknown person(s))found on GP that does not match BL which is why perhaps murder charges not yet filed.

As i stated above, the credit card charge does not mention her being dead. The press release with the quote you mention is related to the arrest warrant, which was approved by the Grand Jury after she was found. They were able to approve the warrant (i presume) based in large part on his having an active charge against him for using her credit card illegally (illegal because his name is not on the card, not because she was already dead).
https://mobile.twitter.com/FBIDenver/status/1441170971453390874/photo/1

I believe it was an attorney poster here, way back when the indictment came out, explained that the unauthorized access device was a PIN. Even if the account is shared, each would have their own PIN. And from the bank's perspective, this is the unauthorized use. The account holder could not give permission (legally) to someone else to use the PIN that the bank issued to them.

The impression I got was that the indictment did not depend on GPs death, but the press release that came with the indictment did mention the death.

But I can't find the post that explained this, so MOO

per the indictment, BL "...used one or more unauthorized access devices, NAMELY, a capitol one bank debit card ending in 8774 AND a personal identification number for capitol one accounts ending in 0525 and 8665..."

moo, this indicates that the "devices" are both the debit card and PIN...

Read the documents: Brian Laundrie arrest warrant

Not to be grusome, but they may know that from insect activity on her remains. The life span of the insects tells them a remarkable amout about the time a body has been exposed and decomposing. They may not be able to prove it to the day with that so they put all of it together with a time line of when she was last seen or heard from, as well as SM records. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member