Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox10 news had a good shot under the tent. Looks like they’re setting things on the table. They just walked away under the covers of some trees, so I don’t think this body is UNDER the tent.

I know that this doesn’t give Gabby's family (or us really) answers, but this can at least come to an end of this is that coward. Her family won’t have to sit through a trial and relive what happened. And I don’t feel bad for his parents.. their silence to me has shown guilt. I would’ve been screaming from every roof top to find my son.
100% agree with you.

I know that this doesn’t give Gabby's family (or us really) answers, but this can at least come to an end of this is that coward. Her family won’t have to sit through a trial and relive what happened. And I don’t feel bad for his parents.. their silence to me has shown guilt. I would’ve been screaming from every roof top to find my son.

I agree. Many parents say sitting through a child’s murder trial is like losing their child all over again. Gabby’s family won’t have to face that. Plus it shuts down all the future attention-getting dramatics ie jailhouse snitches, protests, everyone else who’d be milking this tragedy for all it’s worth.

It’s just not logical that BL has been walking freely out and about all this time.

JMO

Let's say that BL is found dead. Two questions:
  • Will we get a full report about what the FBI thinks happened to Gabby?
  • If BL killed Gabby and subsequently died, does that mean he wasn't responsible for killing Gabby?
JMO

I do think we will get a report. We have seen that in other recent cases where the alleged perpetrator committed suicide.

For 2, if BL killed Gabby, he would still be responsible for her death in terms of "he did it" even if he's dead. In the Alexis Sharkey case, LE went to arrest her husband and he killed himself. LE released a statement that LE believes the evidence shows Tom killed Alexis beyond a reasonable doubt and they were prepared to prove that in court.

You need a live defendant for a trial so if BL is dead, there won't be a trial and that means there won't be a jury verdict regarding Gabby's murder. However, we will likely get to hear the state's theory and why they believe they have closed the case with the death of the prime suspect.

If he's dead, of course. JMO and all that.

WFLA reported that the parents called LE last evening and told them that they wanted to go to the area, where the current activity is taking place, and that they wanted to search it. That makes me think that they had been in some sort of communication with BL and that communication stopped.
Also, WFLA reported that RL is at home and appears to be "dressed up." That's different from what we have seen previously. IMO.

If the parents planted his clothes wouldn't it be obvious? As in, the clothes would need to appear as if they’d been in and around the reserve and well lived in for nearly a month.
IMO it's more likely that the water receding had something to do with the find. According to the attorney (who yes, IMO, isn't wholly trustworthy but still) they were with LEO. Unless they were particularly slick I don't think they could plant evidence without LE knowing.

As soon as they offer a apology to the Petitoes for not answering their phone calls or even trying to help find Gabbie.
Agreed.
It would go a long way towards healing the damage done to the Petito family; but then again maybe not ?
Still an apology for refusing to answer calls/texts would be a gracious gesture !

If it's Brian's remains, there will be no answers forthcoming; although LE could maybe try to reconstruct the events that may have led to Gabby's death, including any phone calls or texts sent from Brian's phone or her phone ?
IF Brian texted or called a confession of sorts to his parents, the Petito's would deserve to hear this -- as it may be the only closure they'll receive ?
Imo.

Waterproof Dry Bag

Does this look like the bag that was found?

waterproof-dry-bag-hq-642314.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member