Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. Perhaps the water has now receded to the point where remains were visible. I am just speculating. We're all just trying to make sense out of this bizarre situation.
I’m finding it weird too. I’m not believing it’s him until we get confirmation. It’s probably him but I’m holding out until it’s certain. MOO

FBI Tampa

https://twitter.com/danichurtado_/status/1450887332643708935?s=21
UPDATE: Items of interest were located at the Carlton Reserve this morning in connection with the search for Brian Laundrie. An #FBI Evidence Response team is processing the scene. The reserve is closed to the public and no further details are available at this time. @FBIDenver

Someone mentioned many threads back a theory of B L committing suicide in the water at the reserve. He weights a backpack down with heavy items submerges himself into the water and using a firearm kills himself. Body sinks. Gators come. MOO

If Brian is found today, does that mean there may never, ever be actual charges filed for the person who killed Gabby? Truly curious.

No no charges, especially if the FBI finds that BL was the one and only suspect and there's provable evidence that he was the killer of Gabby. Can't charge a dead person if this indeed BL at the Reserve.

I do not like how the L's have comported themselves in regards to GP and her parents. However, based on tehe information thus far about today's search I think the following is most likely.

Since this is literally right near where the Ls originally reported they suspected their son may go, I think previous search efforts were hampered by water. That has been a continuing theme in this case, because, Florida and all. I suspect BL has been dead a while and that his parents were not offering continuing aid to him while missing. I am torn as to whether they assisted in him making his escape, but I do not believe they've been in contact with him since the day he disappeared himself.

I think now that the park was reopened and the Ls knew they could finally go and search themselves, they contacted LE and let them know that was their plan. Probably in part to give them a heads up since press is following their every move and there could be issues around that that LE should be aware of beforehand.

They get there, they begin searching the area they couldn't search as well due to flooding prior, and low and behold, just as they indicated when BL first went missing, there is evidence the BL was there and there are partial human remains.

The only thing I am still on the fence about is did he meet with an accident or did he take his own life?

Or did someone else find him and kill him?
If they had cadaver dogs searching during the previous searches, they can easily pick up the scent underwater. There was a case close to me where a cadaver dog found a body part that was submerged in a deep lake. So he might not have been there. Remains can be dumped. IMO.

I'm gonna hold off on the conspiracy theories until they don't find his body. If they do find a body, entertaining the idea that the parents planted something in the park with 100's of people watching their every move 24/7 and with LE right there in the park with them, would be a big waste of energy. jmo

I’m with you! Without a body that’s proven to be his I wouldn’t ever presume him dead as it looked equally like an intentional plant to have the Mustang there so eventually LE would presume him dead. I have ZERO trust in anything from the Laundries or local LE. One is completely untrustworthy, the other seemingly incompetent. Just IMO as always. There shouldn’t have been an opportunity for a dead suspect here.

Let me first say I do feel for the Laundries to an extent -- they have lost a child, one who almost certainly committed a horrible crime.

If they truly knew nothing, though, and were just parents concerned their son harmed himself, I am wondering why they have not been speaking with Cassie, as she said, since this all began?
Because they decided to protect themselves and the investigation, and keep their mouths completely shut to everyone per their attorney’s advice. Instead of being human beings and expressing common sense thoughts and responding to Gabby’s family.

bl-slideshow-8.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Brian Laundrie's parents inside Florida park as police suggest 'we might have found something'

Didn't the lawyer say that the Laundries had searched for several hours on Monday, the day they finally said he had gone missing? Why would they find him so easily now? But not on the day he went missing? If he had been in the same place all that time? IMO

We don’t know yet what they found. Appears it’s his stuff. That LE was so persistent and went through such miserable conditions searching for him in there makes me believe that they found signs that BL was in there. They just couldn’t not find him.

LE might have found the items in there and had Laundries verify that they were BL’s. Maybe LE will announce how this all went down. For now, we just know bare facts.
I doubt the Laundries hsve anything in criminal charges because they have been working very much in step with an attorney. That’s why it’s smart to consult with someone who knows the law when you get mixed up in such affairs.
Civil suits, a whole other story. MOO, Tm they are gonna happen but if SB a good, savvy lawyer, he’ll have managed to minimize damages.

Don't forget that MUCH of this land was underwater a month ago.

Granted, but LE only stopped the search ~36 hours? ago and doubt the water went from flooded to receded enough to find "articles" and human remains.

I would've thought in areas underwater a month ago they would be re-searched as they receded? I think JB mentioned on the stream it hadn't rained in the area for 2 weeks so a lot of the water had receded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay