Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always find when someone dies peoples perspectives change, if this is BL it does not change what most of us believe he did, it does not change the fact he didn’t go missing until the FBI took the van (when he knew he was in trouble IMO, he could have killed himself long before, if that is the cause of death it’s only when he knew prison was highly likely) don’t forget he was eating s’mores with his family days after GP was killed. Or that he robbed a dead woman.
It doesn’t change the fact that Bl’s parents refused to have any empathy for GP’s family and friends, so why should I have empathy for them now? I won’t. MOO
ETA - I’d just like to add I wanted him to be found alive to face up to what happened.

Last edited:
This may have had a lot do with the receding water as well. It hasn't rained in a couple-three weeks and the water has gone down by a foot or two.
I don't know that the water was higher on the day he "went missing" than it is today. I don't know one way or another. (In that specific spot of brambles) Just that they searched for him for hours the day he went missing but found his things today, when LE was not present, in the brambles by a clearing. I don't think we know if that had been under water the day he went missing or even thereafter. IMO.
-----------------------------------
"Chris returned without law enforcement, and the couple continued on. The Laundries later discovered a white bag and a dark-colored object after traveling through a patch of brambles at the edge of the brush at a clearing."

Brian Laundrie search: Possible human remains found near fugitive's belongings in Florida park

If there are remains found and they are confirmed to be his, this would be the worst possible outcome for the Petito and Schmidt families in MOO. IMO there is no justice in that. So, I hope this is a hoax. MOO

I respectfully disagree. If he’s dead, his life is over. There will be no court crap, appeals, parole hearings, etc. for the family to endure. As to “answers,” there could never be one that would make sense or justify Gabby’s murder. Plus, he’d lie anyway.

Do we know where BL's parents are now? Did they go back to the house or are they still in the park?

I believe they went back to the home and an officer was going to meet with them. I'll look for the link posted earlier

Edited to add link
NBC News Senior Justice Correspondent @PeteWilliamsNBC is reporting “what appears to be partial human remains have been found in the Carlton Reserve in an area previously underwater,” according to a senior law enforcement official. I’m headed to the Laundrie home in North Port.

https://twitter.com/wflajustin/status/1450892864393723911?s=21

Last edited:
If BL went to the reserve with the goal of committing suicide there, I doubt he would have left a note there. I think he knew that his parents would understand his suicide when they learned the truth about what happened to Gabby.

Brian went out there before her remains were found. It's likely he believed (rightly so) that where he left Gabby's body would never be discovered. At that point, I believe that although everyone knew in their hearts he had killed her, it's likely he would never be prosecuted. And then, in an unbelievable stroke of good luck for LE, another camper's randomly shot video led them to Gabby's remains.

If BL went to the reserve with the goal of committing suicide there, I doubt he would have left a note there. I think he knew that his parents would understand his suicide when they learned the truth about what happened to Gabby.

I feel the same, and have considered this to be the most likely scenario all along. Apparently he committed suicide before Gabby was even reported missing, so I suppose that's as good as a confession.

I wonder if BL left a letter in the Mustang addressed to his parents to be opened when he is found. In that letter he could have confessed????

I enlarged the bag. Notable, IMOO, is the size of objects in bag, the corners indicating a rectangular item (IMO), also the appearance of a cream-colored item inside bag, etc. I have no idea what all it is. Photo taken from the U.S. Sun, credit to the Sun.
That looks like it could be a laptop, maybe, or tablet. I mean, they said he left his phone at home, but if he had cell service on a tablet, there could have been communication.

This is heartbreaking on so many levels. I hurt for the Petito family for the loss of Gabby and lack of answers. I hurt for the Laundries who may have lost a son. I hurt for both Gabby and Brian who's happy van life plans ended in such tragedy.

And if this turns out to be someone else, it's still going to be a heartbreak for someone out there.

If this is BL: Yes, lack of answers forever now but even if BL had been found alive doubt he would have talked. Sadness today no matter what side you're on. Closure is a myth.

I enlarged the bag. Notable, IMOO, is the size of objects in bag, the corners indicating a rectangular item (IMO), also the appearance of a cream-colored item inside bag, etc. I have no idea what all it is. Photo taken from the U.S. Sun, credit to the Sun.
I noticed the corners in the original photo too -- my first thought was that BL had brought a framed photo of someone with him, like Gabby or his family. It's just a passing fancy, I have no idea if that's what it is, but maybe if he did go into the park to die, he wanted to have a photo of his loved ones (whoever) as he went.

Bad Judgement

A beautiful young woman falls in love with a guy. Supposedly he has "episodes" but she stays with him anyway. Friends describe him as "controlling."

The young couple eat at a Mexican restaurant and leave after some kind of blowup with staff. LE is not called by the restaurant.

Police talk with the couple after witnesses see a DV incident and mistakenly accuse the victim of being the perpetrator and put perp in a hotel overnight.

Parents of a son refuse to answer calls from their son's girlfriend's parents when her parents think the couple is missing AND then hire a lawyer when their son turns up alone in the girlfriend's vehicle. Meanwhile they stop talking to their adult daughter, her husband and grandsons.

An attorney advises the parents and young man not to speak to anyone, or provide any information to police leading to a nationwide hunt for the missing young woman.

Parents of the son don't report him missing when he doesn't come home after a day hike, knowing he may be in trouble with the law and possibly suicidal. After 4 days and nights, they finally ask authorities for help in finding him. Usually when someone is missing on a hike, you bring in a search party within the first 24 hours that they are missing.

So much bad judgement from so many people. So many touch points where a change in action could have changed the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtbag