Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it isn't BL then who else could it be??

Are the found items 100% confirmed to belong to BL?
In the movie Winter's Bone, a young gal had to saw off both of her dead father's hands (he coincidentally being in a swamp) because providing just one hand was not enough for the law to declare a person deceased, since so many will sacrifice just one hand to evade the law.

So I hope enough of BL is found, (if he is dead) ie vital parts. Otherwise it's just 10 years of youtube conspiracy over a bit of DNA, and some weird coincidences with the discovery. IMO

Seeing as investigators were able to identify WTC victims from tiny body parts I have no doubt the FBI will be able to identify the remains found today. We just need to be patient.
Investigators were able to identify most of the Bear Brook victims after decades and dealing with samples that were 98% bacteria and 2% human. They'll identify these remains or rule them out as not human for sure. We just have to be patient and see what they release if they do

I really wish they'd go home now and get a life. They keep hollering "Justice for Gabby."

If Brian is dead, and it sure looks as though he is at this point, then Brian already paid the ultimate price for her death. His parents will now have a much tougher path moving forward than Gabby's parents do. While both lost a child, the Laundries have also lost all the good memories of their son. No matter what good Brian might have done in his life, it's all overshadowed now by his killing of Gabby. Gabby's family can move forward with respect and purpose.

In the end, there are only losers here. No winners.
I couldn’t agree more. Absolutely no one wins here. I hope everyone involved will be given respect and time to grieve. Tragedy all around.

If this is BL, everyone loses here.

Gabby’s family doesn’t get answers and get justice such as seeing him spend his life in prison.

And BL’s parents might always wonder deep inside, if they had contacted the authorities when he came home without Gabby or had done the right thing at any point here, their son might still be alive.

ALL MOO JMO

I really wish they'd go home now and get a life. They keep hollering "Justice for Gabby."

If Brian is dead, and it sure looks as though he is at this point, then Brian already paid the ultimate price for her death. His parents will now have a much tougher path moving forward than Gabby's parents do. While both lost a child, the Laundries have also lost all the good memories of their son. No matter what good Brian might have done in his life, it's all overshadowed now by his killing of Gabby. Gabby's family can move forward with respect and purpose.

In the end, there are only losers here. No winners.
Is this an everyday occurrence--people protesting unsolved deaths? There are so many murders every day in the U.S. and I don't see any media attention to them. In our city, there are endless murders that never get solved, and I'm not aware of even one protestor--just a FB page with some details of the crimes.

no mention of a firearm found. If he had one (since it was missing from the house iirc), it could still be there, sunk into the silt when the area was underwater.... maybe.
Obviously a skull wasn't found...

Well...they did say "human remains." But a skull won't tell you who it is. Bigger bones more likely to be there than smaller ones - but they may find more in the silt.

TCbsj8B.jpg

More @ EXCLUSIVE: Brian Laundrie's parents inside Florida park as police suggest 'we might have found something'
I cropped the photo. It appears branded on the lower left, but I can't make it out at all.
upload_2021-10-20_16-55-9.png

FBI Statement:

TAYLOR: Good afternoon. Josh Taylor with North Port Police Department. Thank you for your continued diligence on this story and thanks for your patience.

As you know, the North Port Police Department has worked collaboratively with the FBI throughout this investigation, so Special Agent Michael McPherson is going to make a prepared statement. There's not going to be any questions today, but hopefully it answers some of them.

Thank you.

MCPHERSON: Good afternoon. My name's Michael McPherson. I'm the special agent in charge of the FBI Tampa Division.

As you're aware, the FBI and the North Port Police Department and our state and local law enforcement partners have been searching the area of the Carlton Reserve for Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the murder of Gabby Petito.

Earlier today, investigators found what appears to be human remains, along with personal items, such as a backpack and notebook, belonging to Brian Laundrie. These items were found in an area that up until recently have been under water.

Our evidence response team is on scene using all available forensic resources to process the area. It's likely the team will be on scene for several days.

I know you have a lot of questions, but we don't have all the answers yet. We are working diligently to get those answers for you.

We are grateful for the dedication and professionalism of the North Port Police Department, along with our partners from the state and local agencies. Complex investigations such as this cannot be accomplished by one agency alone, but there are just too many agencies to name them all here today.

Portions of the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park and Carlton Reserve remain closed to the public until further notice.

This is an active and ongoing investigation, so we ask the public to maintain distance from any law enforcement personnel, equipment, vehicles, and other related activity for the safety of the public and to protect the integrity of our work.

We have no additional comment related to today's activities. Our FBI Denver office is the lead investigative agency and all future inquiries should be directed to them.

We appreciate the tremendous support from the public and continue to ask for your assistance in bringing this investigation to a close. Thank you.

EDIT: Please disregard any spelling or grammatical errors. I attempted to get this out as fast as I could for easy reference.

Comparing the loss GP’s parents are experiencing to what the Laundries might be experiencing now…gross. Those families are not the same.

So what evidence do you have that the Petito family loved their child more than the Laundries loved their'? And the Laundries also lost GP who lived with them. The fact that it was most probably their son that did it is doubly soul crushing. You can bring up them not contacting the Petitos, but I won't answer. I'll just say here that we don't know what the Laundries reported to LE. They obviously weren't lying when they must have told LE their son was in the Reserve area.

I've been following this case since the news first came out. I wondered how Laundrie could have evaded LE for so long. If he is deceased in that location that would probably be the answer. In fact if he was deceased in such a remote location I'm surprised they would have found him so quickly.

Well, it sounds like we will find out what they found and if the body part belongs to Brian at least.
And hopefully they will find more over the next several days of searching that area with a fine toothed comb. Now at least they can focus on perhaps an acre or less, compared to what, 25,000 acres?

This is all going way too fast for me. I think he also said, that they are going to keep the area closed as they work towards a final resolution. Interesting wording if I remember it correctly. Then those bullhorn women start yelling, acting like *advertiser censored*.

Last edited:
In the movie Winter's Bone, a young gal had to saw off both of her dead father's hands (he coincidentally being in a swamp) because providing just one hand was not enough for the law to declare a person deceased, since so many will sacrifice just one hand to evade the law.

So I hope enough of BL is found, (if he is dead) ie vital parts. Otherwise it's just 10 years of youtube conspiracy over a bit of DNA, and some weird coincidences with the discovery. IMO
I LOVED that movie. Haunting.

Isn't death the ultimate justice?
I think Warwick wanted justice in the form of BL telling the world exactly what happened with Gabby and why he killed her. Her family still has so many unanswered questions.

The ultimate justice is not death <modsnip>

I still believe if the body is his maybe he was killed by alligators. I can’t see him killing himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
But yet the last video of their daughter is her crying and being scared in the back of a cop car saying her boyfriend grabbed her face “like this” and cut her cheek,
The thing is that's not strictly true. Gabby spoke and facetimed with her parents after this incident. They said she appeared to be doing good. She may not have been (we don't know) so no, the MOAB video is not their last memory of her.

I’ve said this before but my own personal guideline is that if I have to assume everyone else is brain dead for my theory to work, I’m probably wrong.

The FBI has to have a reason why they made this press conference. They don’t in general make conclusive statements but I think we can assume they had someone rule out that these are deer bones (or whatever animal you have down there). They must have reasonable evidence that it’s connected to Brian to make a statement so early when we’ve seen before they were clear other bodies were not him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89