Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But was the FBI the lead agency at that point? If so, perhaps SBs call to them was a courtesy call?
I'm not sure when the FBI became involved or whether they were assisting and called in by the local LE. However, their involvement was in the missing of Gabby Petito, not everyone who was involved with her. If Gabby's father had gone missing, and someone had called the FBI, they would have been directed to call local PD. FBI is not the reporting agency, they are called in by the reporting agency.
From the FBI page:
If you have an emergency that requires an immediate law enforcement response, please call 911 or contact your local Police Department or Sheriff’s Department first.
Contact Us | Federal Bureau of Investigation

i know that this is a forum for online sleuthing, BUT
I just wanna know why do so many people not think that the most obvious is exactly what happened??
Brian and Gabby went on a cross country trip, they were having relationship problems even before so being confined in close quarters and by themselves most of the time really brought that all to the forefront.
the argueing got out of hand and at some point Brian went into a rage and strangled Gabbie to death, as soon as he got his senses back and realized what he did he fled the scene, scared and just wanting the security of his parents an his home. He went home and told his parents whatever story he told them.....either the truth or something made up.....either way, he tried to go back to his normal way of life as best he could but the thought of what he had done and knowing that he couldnt keep it a secret any longer he decided to end his own life as soon as Gabbies parents found out she was missing and he knew he was living on barrowed time.
He went out to take a hike, at least thats what he told his parents .....with the intentions of doing just that ......after reflecting on their lives together and possibly writing down what he needed to get off his chest he ended his life.......
what is the biggest factor as to why this isnt believable????

That sounds about right.

If someone calls the FBI and says someone is missing, the FBI would inform them it's not their jurisdiction and tell them to call their local PD. Just like Gabby's parents had when they called NPPD.

You can always call the FBI field office in your state or district to report a missing person. It is also important to contact your local LE.
ETA MO

but here's another person who says the couple were together from 2018 (not 2019)
( haven't read it for ages,but had bookmarked it. Also bear in mind that the garden centre worker in the original post does not say that he saw Gabby there in 2017 or whether it means 2018)

(Hard to pin anything down in this case)
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/wy-gabrielle-%E2%80%98gabby%E2%80%99-petito-22-grand-teton-national-park-8-25-21-media-maps-no-discussion.586401/page-2
Thanks! I agree that it is hard to pin down confirmed info. I *think* they met at high school - but that does not mean they were dating. I believe that there was a prior boyfriend to B - didn't he join the armed forces?

For everyone debating the length of GP and BL relationship (sorry for not quoting the posts), here's this from Gaby's IG:

Login • Instagram

March 18, 2020: One whole years worth of adventures and stories down & a lifetime to go ☆

This means they officially (Insta official is pretty official IMO) began their relationship on March 18 2019, according to GP.

edit: explanation of what I mean by officially

i know that this is a forum for online sleuthing, BUT
I just wanna know why do so many people not think that the most obvious is exactly what happened??
Brian and Gabby went on a cross country trip, they were having relationship problems even before so being confined in close quarters and by themselves most of the time really brought that all to the forefront.
the argueing got out of hand and at some point Brian went into a rage and strangled Gabbie to death, as soon as he got his senses back and realized what he did he fled the scene, scared and just wanting the security of his parents an his home. He went home and told his parents whatever story he told them.....either the truth or something made up.....either way, he tried to go back to his normal way of life as best he could but the thought of what he had done and knowing that he couldnt keep it a secret any longer he decided to end his own life as soon as Gabbies parents found out she was missing and he knew he was living on barrowed time.
He went out to take a hike, at least thats what he told his parents .....with the intentions of doing just that ......after reflecting on their lives together and possibly writing down what he needed to get off his chest he ended his life.......
what is the biggest factor as to why this isnt believable????
This happens every time there is a high profile case. There are the really pragmatic people here, then there are random theories that get bandied about. Some are reasonable, some are the stuff of high drama and soap operas.

Per CNN: clothing was also found by remains consistent with what BL was wearing. Notebook was found outside the dry bag by ChL and was wet. They will dry out before opening and may be able to read inside.

Sure... but we don't have evidence it was or wasn't self defense. Brian could also have been acting in self defense. We don't know what happened.

Strangulation is never self defense. By the fact alone it takes too long. Ask any DA or prosecutor. I doubt there has been a single self defense conviction in history that was a strangulation.

Guns prohibited in FL? No. You can most definitely carry guns wherever you want and they are trying to get rid of any gun laws there, allowing ppl to buy guns without a permit and also for open carry.
Going on a cross country trip, sleeping and camping in the open are certainly reasons I would have a gun. You would be foolish not to have one in my opinion.

She was specifically asked why she slapped Brian. Here is her response:

Officer 3: (49:26)
What were you attempting to do? What was the reason behind the slapping and stuff? What was it you were attempting to accomplish by my slapping him.

Gabby Petito: (49:35)
I was trying to get him to stop telling me to calm down.
Why was she so upset to begin with? Was he threatening to leave her stranded with no phone out in the wilderness again? This is what DV partners DO. They gaslight and use fear until the victim appears to be the unstable one. But in reality she is reacting to the constant fear and abuse, both physical and psychological abuse. Jmo

He did, but apparently nobody noticed. This reporter heard from Bertonlino, on September 24, that the Laundries reported Brian missing "a week and a half ago," which would put the date at September 13 or 14.

https://twitter.com/jossiecarbonare/status/1441565155796701184?s=21

Interesting. I need to go back and reread all the initial texts and statements he put out after the 17th. It still seems strange to me that he didn’t clear that up further, given the many opportunities he had to do so. That could have gone a long way to change the popular narrative that he mucked up the dates, changed the dates, etc.

I mean, I’m not necessarily the sharpest knife, but I’ve been following this case pretty hard, and I would bet I’m not the only one who missed that quote you posted.

Also a gunshot...not sure why everyone is so against this probable COD.
I think it's because there is no clarity and something happened to the remains postmortem that likely indicates animal involvement. A gunshot can fracture a skull, so can an animal. Either way, we don't even know what PART of the skull they have, it could just be a jaw bone, which isn't indicative of anything really.

For everyone debating the length of GP and BL relationship (sorry for not quoting the posts), here's this from Gaby's IG:

Login • Instagram

March 18, 2020: One whole years worth of adventures and stories down & a lifetime to go ☆

This means they officially (Insta official is pretty official IMO) began their relationship on March 18 2019, according to GP.

edit: explanation of what I mean by officially
They were official since high school but on and off. It's been 7 + years of toxicity built up. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member