Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A civil lawsuit would be a waste of money, time and would be a media circus. 2 families lost a child. Nothing will bring them back. Justice for Gabby I believe lies in her newly formed foundation. Money should be directed there, not paying lawyers. JMO

edited by me for brevity..

'Useless'.... that strikes a most authentic note.
It's a New York thing. I have two friends from New York, one from Ithaca who now lives in Tampa, and one who has always lived on Long Island. They have both told me that "useless" is just about the worst thing anyone can say about a person.

I've been in a few fast moving threads at WS and wanted to say something to the Mods, especially @Tiff23fr , since it seems like she's been knee deep in the middle of Gabby's fast moving thread.

Thank you for all your hard work doing your darndest to stay current, and keep the threads cleaned up, on track, and moving. It's overwhelming for me to just try to keep up reading the thread. I can't even imagine trying to read AND Mod these fast moving threads. So to you, a big THANK YOU for your hard work. It's noticed, and appreciated. :)

Since I'm sure I'm not alone in that sentiment....
30955-Copy-1024x320.jpg

100%!!

-We could include serial stalkers and domestic abusers into our sex offenders list. Look at England.
-We can include coercive control and consent as topics in required sex ed/health classes.
-We can update police training to ask more questions/probe differently when domestic violence is suspected. Did LEO in Moab even ask Gabby why Brian was locking her out of her own car? Or if this had happened before?
-This is not the end of the story!! Just because Brian is confirmed dead doesn't mean we can't still learn about his past actions and how they align with what we already know about DV!
In the uk we have a law called clares law which allows a partner to request (through the police) if their partner has ever had any abuse allegations or arrests in their past. I did it on my husband after being abused previously and it helped me feel a little better going into the new relationship. MOO

People want the killer to face justice.
The only POI was BL. He now is dead.

One thing that can happen is the truth coming out.

Brian comes home. Flies back to Gabby. Returns with her van, but no Gabby.
What did Brian tell his parents?
Why didn’t they talk with the Petitos, to at least tell them where is Gabby?
No one responded to the Petitos and the Laundries went family camping!
Then Brian goes missing. Still no communication.
Gabby was STILL missing.
What happened to Gabby Petito?
What evidence does the FBI have?
How did Brian die?
Officially, who killed Gabby?

These are the questions the world is asking.

I am not convinced as yet re suicide. WL. ..could be, maybe, maybe not.
He looked mighty clumsy to me, and when that is combined with Brian's belief in his prowess as a man of the forest and all that, a sort of Dunning Kruger 'hiker', things of a particularly lethal nature can take place, trees fall on one, snakes bite one, sudden dips in terrain happen, water is particularly dangerous and lethal, while looking calm and receptive..

He could have simply died of fright while being confronted with one of those huge escaped Burmese pythons that roam freely in the Florida swamps..... I know I would have.

I agree. There are a lot of possible scenarios as to what could have caused his death. IMO.

So last week, I think, I saw on the news that the hashtag "Justice for Gabby" had been used (or viewed)? over one billion times. I think Joe Petito mentioned this too.

What do we think Justice for Gabby will look like now?

All I can think of is that Gabby's family is given access to any confession or diary that BL might have had, and that their foundation in her memory has a huge impact on reducing DV. Other than that, I'm not sure.

Justice for Gabby, now, consists in the fact that the man who killed her is dead. If that doesn't look like justice to others, nothing to do be done about it.

BL became his own judge and executioner. IMO.

Getting access to BL's notebooks and his further ramblings is not, to me, any form of justice. We await Gabby's family's view, though.

I have no idea what he was thinking.

However, it definitely takes thought to set your belongings in one place then go to another place nearby in the uncomfortable, wet, and pretty icky location where you'd been hiding than it does to kill yourself right there with your stuff. So if he wasn't wearing the bag/pack and it was a self-inflicted death, then he was making some decisions and having some coherent thoughts
If there really had been 4 feet of "often moving" water there, as locals have described, I wonder, if he did kill himself if he was tied down some way to make sure he stayed put. But if the water was really that high, you'd think an alligator would have found him. Or maybe one did.

I still would have to be convinced he didn't just meet with an accident. And given that the notebook was not protected is another clue. IMO

Last edited:
I think Gabby and Brian loved each other to death. Whenever I see women, who do not have a solid group of female friends, and men, that do not have a solid base of male friends..........trouble................ love is just too intense.

I feel this is the root of all. Brian was not evil. Gabby was certainly not evil. Their relationship was just toxic....and at the end of the day, I feel this will be proven.

None of the parents deserved this pain or fame. And neither did Gabby. Brian went out of control, and he is the obvious blame game here.

That he pondered how to get out of , or around this was a mental game for sure.... for a couple of weeks.

But, at the end of the day, I still think that the final action of going to the Reserve to die, was because he really, truly could not live without her.
upload_2021-10-21_17-21-17.png
Agree 100%

Truly, an alligator could live in any body of water large or small in eastern coastal plain of the U.S. I wouldn't stand too close to a ditch full of water anywhere south of Atlanta, and every swamp has alligators even parks like Mykkahatchi where they encourage camping and fishing. JMOO This story about a fatal attack during the flooding in Louisiana from Hurricane Ida in Septembet happened very close to downtown New Orleans. A woman saved her husband then went to seek help but the alligator attacked him again and must have dragged him under the water.
Louisiana man presumed dead in Ida floodwater alligator attack survived Hurricane Katrina, officials say
Truly, an alligator could live in any body of water large or small in eastern coastal plain of the U.S. I wouldn't stand too close to a ditch full of water anywhere south of Atlanta, and every swamp has alligators even parks like Mykkahatchi where they encourage camping and fishing. JMOO This story about a fatal attack during the flooding in Louisiana from Hurricane Ida in Septembet happened very close to downtown New Orleans. A woman saved her husband then went to seek help but the alligator attacked him again and must have dragged him under the water.
Louisiana man presumed dead in Ida floodwater alligator attack survived Hurricane Katrina, officials say
except there was no catastrophic flood here nor was it mating season. BL was in this swamp before. The risks of alligator attacks were near zero. IMO he killed himself and the likes of alligators, armadillos, rats, birds and others took an opportunity for a meal. Just another day in paradise.

A civil lawsuit would be a waste of money, time and would be a media circus. 2 families lost a child. Nothing will bring them back. Justice for Gabby I believe lies in her newly formed foundation. Money should be directed there, not paying lawyers. JMO
In your opinion. For Gabby's family, it may bring answers. It's their choice how they spend their money.

Bbm
How charitable of them.
Why only partially cooperate? And why not also cooperate when their future daughter-in-law was missing?
I understand the Laundrie's will probably not be charged with any crimes, but I certainly don't applaud their actions.

Because they didn't want their son to go to jail for the rest of his life. We can agree or disagree with how they handled it but if they did, through Bertolino, report Brian went missing on the 13th (and I am absolutely confident that Bertolino is not lying on this point, by the way), then they have nothing to answer for.

NPPD said Brian was under surveillance. I just don't get the completely incoherent messaging we are getting from NPPD. If he was under surveillance why did they not follow him to the park? How did they miss that? Somehow they missed Brian getting into the Mustang and driving off. That's quite the surveillance. NPPD dropped the ball over and over again in this case, in my view.

Brian Laundrie thrust his parents into an extremely difficult situation. They dealt with it by following the advice of their lawyer. I do think it could have been handled better, frankly. Bertolino has said he accepts full responsibility.

5:30 pm
https://twitter.com/danichurtado_/status/1451315520490381323?s=21
White van with a yellow stretcher seen through the window just drove into Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park. @mysuncoast

6:32 pm

Van we spotted earlier is now leaving the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park. @mysuncoast

Is that from a funeral home/mortuary?

Eight years ago I wrote ‘that’ note for my family, swallowed a bottle of pills, that was hard, the second one was even harder-the hardest thing I’ve ever made myself do. I’m alive talking to y’all so I was found in time. The bravest thing I’ve ever done is look each one in their face, beg for forgiveness and start all over. The police kept that note. Everyone read it including police and first responders. They let my family call my oldest daughter and read it on the phone. They said the only way I could retrieve it is to go and sign for it. It’s still there at the PD in some old file folder in a dusty box…
I am so glad you survived!

I agree with you. There have been posts that mention his suicide (if his death was by his own hand) resulting from guilt or shame, even remorse. But personally I believe he did so because he could not face a trial or prison....no, he could not accept to be controlled by others. He needed to be in control.....just like being in control of Gabby, in control of whatever the issue was in that last outing to the Piggy place (forgot the name), etc. There was no other way out for him.

I think it's all of those things. Guilt, remorse, shame, strong desire not to be jail, not to be controlled by someone else, etc.,e tc. All of it. Perhaps the desire to evade prison was first on his list - I doubt he ranked his ideas and feelings and I don't think we'll ever know.

I'm just glad it wasn't death-by-cop or some other method that made yet another person feel badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill