Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to stop at the first sentence and listen three times:

SB: "Chris and Roberta knew their son was grieving."

I guess I need to go look at the timeline again, but if I'm not mistaken, GP's body had NOT been found at the time BL went missing into the preserve.
Right--but if Brian thought Gabby had gone somewhere and left him, he would have known something wasn't right when her parents called looking for her. And he would no doubt have grieved that he had left under the wrong impression of her whereabouts.

1. I think the Laundries knew (as in strongly, strongly suspected based on state of mind /upset) by EOD on the 13th, maybe 14th latest/then they called the FBI. Probably were hoping against hope he'd be found alive in searches over the following weeks.

2. I think SB'S criminal advice is one size fits all and paper thin: don't talk to LE. He said as much in his interview with NBC tonight. I think he had no clue that there's more to it than that, and that what maybe works for your low-level dealer client calling you from jail does not literally translate to every situation. I also think he had zero idea how to negotiate or work with LE in this case. I'm as convinced today as 5 weeks ago that his advice has been terrible, it harmed his clients' positions, and (this part is as of today) it may well have been an impediment to a very different literal life outcome for BL.

No, the homicide case of Gabby is still open at this time.

You and I are using the word "case" in the same way (to mean "filed case in a court).

But I'll admit I sometimes will refer to an investigation as a case (though I try not to). Naturally, the FBI has a "case number" for this investigation and they would use the term that way,

And sometimes, for brevity, I"ll say, "Cases I've worked on or followed..." even though they may not all have resulted in legal action.

At any rate, the word "evidence" to me means "presented at court." Investigations want to present their findings at trial - and if the judge permits it, those findings become "evidence."

(To me, that's how I use the words). So we will likely never see the "evidence" for Gabby's case...nor will we be privy to all the findings unless, I think, it's declared closed or cold? I also don't know if different jurisdictions (say, Moab PD) can continue to release findings and body cams, etc, as they wish (I would think they can).

Right--but if Brian thought Gabby had gone somewhere and left him, he would have known something wasn't right when her parents called looking for her. And he would no doubt have grieved that he had left under the wrong impression of her whereabouts.
Once again, she wouldn't have left without the van, and his most likely being the one to send her mother the fake texts implying that she was in CA tells me that he knew she was dead.

Brian was 'VERY upset' when parents last saw him flee home, lawyer says

Laundrie attorney Steven Bertolino recalled how Brian was so distraught on September 13, and despite his father’s pleas to stay under their North Port, Florida roof - the 23-year-old ex-fiance left for the last time.

"I can tell you Brian was very upset when he left," the attorney explained in an interview with NBC News.

"Chris conveyed to me several times he wished he wouldn't have let him go, but he couldn't stop him."

Ever since, the attorney suggested Chris and Roberta Laundrie have been agonizing since that fateful day.

"Brian is a grown man, a young man; 22-years-old," he added.

"He wanted to walk out the door.

“He's entitled to walk out that door.” (Brian is actually 23-years-old.)

So good at gaslighting isn’t he? IMO -

SB is spinning this to make it seem that BL was the grieving distraught lost man and CL could do nothing to stop him walk out at door…(IMO)

OMG are you kidding me?

“He was entitled to walk out that door”

What else was BL entitled to do?

I hope he increments them.

my blood is boiling

Last edited:
If she left him, she left without her credit cards. JMO. And I have to assume he was of his right mind when he used them, apparently unlawfully.

Indeed. It's the only reason I can imagine that he would kill her. Their row probably escalated during the trip, especially after the police intervention which added gravity to the situation and probably gave them a feeling that the problem was terminal. The situation required only calm, but I guess Gabby was getting more and more emotional. At the camp she may have told him they were finished and basically kicked him out, telling him that it's her van. He would have gone off in a huff, and then in a fugue, and then in a rage, hitchhiking for a while until his indignation mounted. Then made his way back, got into another fracas, and killed her, either in a momentary rage or quite deliberately.

He would have resolved to take his own life immediately, but went back home to see his family for the last time and settle his affairs, without telling them what happened except to say that she had ruined everything. Then he went into the reserve - presumably his personal quiet place - and killed himself, I would guess by overdose.

Edit: I suppose I am required to say "IMO" or suchlike though that should go without saying (IMO).
Ita.
I think she tried to break up with him. :(

2. I think SB'S criminal advice is one size fits all and paper thin: don't talk to LE. He said as much in his interview with NBC tonight. I think he had no clue that there's more to it than that, and that what maybe works for your low-level dealer client calling you from jail does not literally translate to every situation. I also think he had zero idea how to negotiate or work with LE in this case. I'm as convinced today as 5 weeks ago that his advice has been terrible, it harmed his clients' positions, and (this part is as of today) it may well have been an impediment to a very different literal life outcome for BL.
He seems clueless on the PR finesse needed to navigate a high profile case. I don't think his personal relationship with the Laundries has helped matters either.

They can't try or convict a dead guy, and they've confirmed he's a dead guy. The rest is just paperwork. The only case pending is for using the credit cards. jmo

BBM

The credit card theft but not the murder?

There's more investigation to do. That's how it's supposed to go, anyway.

But at this point it wouldn't surprise me if they wrapped it up in a few hours.

Brian was 'VERY upset' when parents last saw him flee home, lawyer says

Laundrie attorney Steven Bertolino recalled how Brian was so distraught on September 13, and despite his father’s pleas to stay under their North Port, Florida roof - the 23-year-old ex-fiance left for the last time.

"I can tell you Brian was very upset when he left," the attorney explained in an interview with NBC News.

"Chris conveyed to me several times he wished he wouldn't have let him go, but he couldn't stop him."

Ever since, the attorney suggested Chris and Roberta Laundrie have been agonizing since that fateful day.

"Brian is a grown man, a young man; 22-years-old," he added.

"He wanted to walk out the door.

“He's entitled to walk out that door.” (Brian is actually 23-years-old.)

Entitlement.

1. I think the Laundries knew (as in strongly, strongly suspected based on state of mind /upset) by EOD on the 13th, maybe 14th latest/then they called the FBI. Probably were hoping against hope he'd be found alive in searches over the following weeks.

Didn't he actually say something like "any defense attorney will say to keep quiet"' Yes paraphrased, but that's what he said, like he'd looked it up on google.

As has been pointed out here umpteen times they had a right to stay silent. But Oh, the price they paid, when they thought they were only thumbing their noses at Gabby's family, they were making decisions which cost their son's own life. IMO
Just to play devils advocate. Maybe the Laundries don't use their cell phone much. I only use my cell phone for mobile hotspot to watch tv in my van. If people call me on my cell phone I never know it for a couple of weeks because I never check it. When did they first think Gabby was missing? Their wasn't much time between when they thought Gabby was missing and tried to call the Laundries until they reported it to LE and LE checked for themselves was there?

It looks like he committed suicide while in the water so there would be no body or belongings. The water was up to a tall man's chest the police officer said in that last police press release. Or perhaps they walked by him or the alligators had already dragged him into the water. MOO

We don’t know there was flooding when he first went to the reserve. It appears the brush was pretty thick there too so he may have killed himself somewhere under cover and then when it later flooded things were moved around.

He could have been in there a short amount of time. The Florida heat and the water could have sped up decomposition.
He could have traveled anywhere and eventually made his way to the preserve. Determining his time of death is paramount IMO. If he died shortly after he was reported missing, he most likely was there the entire time. If he died more recently, it will be difficult to determine his location (s) prior to arriving at the preserve. IMO.
From the bits we have gleaned, I'm not at all sure a time of death can be ascertained to a week or even two.. I doubt it. I have let go of that hope so I won't be disappointed. I've let go of the notebook too, just in case.
NNPD or FBI have not shown their cards yet though.
Not even slightly and while the fact makes me despondent, I can't at the same time help but admire this strategy.
There have been no leaks at all.
Anything could still happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members