Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK what the police consider “moving,” but they both had FL licenses, and spending even a couple of weeks with family before heading out on a trip doesn’t seem like “moving” to me. o_O
MOO

yes agree he's not the sharpest too in the box but this is what Gardenista is saying 'I wonder if that's why NS put NY as the place she should be returning.'

hubris. He is over his head with Banfield.

He really is. Ashleigh explained in the live afterward how she had walked him down a primrose lane. She made reference to some innocuous-seeming questions that she'd asked early on in the interview and explained how that laid the groundwork for her bigger question at the end. And he walked right now that lane with herwithout even getting a hint that the roses were being fertilized.

J.B. Biunno
@WFLAJB

(1/7) Let’s discuss something. Long thread here on #BrianLaundrie. Josh Taylor of @NorthPortPolice
reiterated Friday that tracking Brian Laundrie’s whereabouts in September was limited by where they were in the investigation at the time. He wasn’t a suspect / wanted for a crime.
(2/7) Taylor on 9/17: “We don’t track residents.”

3/7) On@NewsNationNow Friday night,@BrianEntin reported that there were hidden cameras setup by police around the Laundrie home *before* #BrianLaundrie went missing. So you can’t track residents but you can setup hidden cameras to provide surveillance of them?

4/7) Just so we’re clear: you can’t have a local police officer parked on a public street to follow #BrianLaundrie in his Mustang on public roads over to a public park within your jurisdiction? But you can install hidden cameras to monitor your POI and his family?

5/7) Trying to gain a better understanding of how #BrianLaundrie was able to vanish. Was it “human error” by police? Was it a failure in police policy? Did @NorthPortPolice
not have the resources/manpower necessary to have an officer assigned to following Brian & the Mustang?

(6/7) The best answer we get is from Taylor talking to@BrianEntinFriday. Skip ahead to 0:48.
https://twitter.com/WFLAJB/status/1451922595977342976?s=20

7/7) Josh Taylor of @NorthPortPoliceon@NewsNationNow “Our intention was to keep an eye on Brian. Clearly him going out there, we missed him going out there.”

(8/7) One more here. As many astute followers have noted, #BrianLaundrie wasn’t officially named a POI until 9/15. Regardless of the label however, why were cameras setup to monitor the Laundries but not enough police attention to trail his Mustang on public roads to the NP park?

@TiffanyAlaniz responds:
Please don’t forget also Josh Taylor “What we were supposed to do follow him from tree to tree in the reserve?” And asking Brian Entin ON CAMERA why Brian Entin didn’t see BL leave the house

instead of saying that the hidden cameras were there before BL went missing thee NPPD should specify which day they installed the cameras. They could've installed them BEFORE they knew he was missing (ie 17th September per NPPD) and not 13th September (the date he actually left for the reserve).

The proper term in that case is "someone" not "a household member." My contention is that he knows the difference, because the alternatives are even worse if doesn't just have weak use of language.

A household doesn't necessarily apply only to families. It can also include a group of people who live together under the same roof. Gabby lived with the 3 Laundries and would have been considered part of that household.

First time I ever heard they were moving back to NY.

I'd like to know more about moving back to NY. Perhaps BL wasn't getting along with his own parents before the "van life" trip.
It went from happy hiker out for fresh air, to grieving to depressed/distraught....to dad pleading with him not to go. jmo
That must have been fun few days in the household.....

Maybe this was normal in their household, lots of fighting, loud arguments, drama?
Maybe, him stomping out angry, distraught, or suicidal was an ongoing life pattern? So curious what was normal for that household BEFORE Gabby went missing.

I'm not sure it changes the timeline at all because the report is dated 9/14/21 but it doesn't state how long the vehicle was sitting there. The body cam narrative is redacted, so we don't know what that shows. It's possible that the police saw the car there on 9/14/21, left a note on the car, and wrote the report, and the parents picked up the car after they saw the note, possibly the same day the police put the note on the car.

If the statute/law/policy states that vehicles left longer than 5 days will be issued a citation, and the citation issued to the mustang is dated 9/14, that could indicate it had been parked on the lot since 9/09. I doubt it would change the outcome of the case but it would show that the date BL was last seen was much different than what was reported to LE. IMO.

yes agree he's not the sharpest too in the box but this is what Gardenista is saying 'I wonder if that's why NS put NY as the place she should be returning.'
Not necessarily replying to you, just jumping off the quote.

jmo. In regards to NS listing GP addy as NY on missing persons report. I always thought that the detective (NS’s ‘Angel’) suggested NP do this so that she could get the report filed. Iirc, GP family was having trouble filing the report do to technicalities of jurisdiction. Moo

It was on youtube so you can get the transcript there
Thanks for posting the video.

so in a nutshell:

SB is claiming he reported to FBI on Monday the 13 or Tuesday the 14th that BL didn’t come home from hike of the 13. And he didn’t ‘report’ him ‘missing’,
Because it was a casual conversation, as in, BL just isn’t back from his ‘mind clearing walk-about yet.’

SB further states the FBI says it’s a non issue and have confirmed They were informed the 13th.

BE and AB discuss with SB the tape that all watch of JT. SB says it shows LE also knew BL was not in house, AB and BE argue it shows the opposite. BE want to know if upon watching the JT interviews from 14-17, didn’t SB realize that LE didn’t know that BL was not in the house ?

IMO

AB should be asking if SB and the Ls weren’t worried on the 13th evening about BL,

1. Why did ChL go searching for 4-5 hrs on the 13th?

2. When they saw JT saying LE knows where BL is during the week of 14-17, why didn’t SB and the Ls share a collective sigh of ‘Whew, it’s ok. LE has BL in their sights’?
Why didn’t SB ask LE at that point where BL was?

Moo

I don't know your laws in the US but in France if we are driving a car we are required to have our licence and the insurance documents and registration documents available to hand to a police officer. I've lived in the UK and the police there will give you a "producer" where you take the documents to the local police station, but in France we need to have our licence to drive a car. So would BL taking the mustang be required to have his driving licence on him?
yes he would. But he left his wallet and phone at the home. Point I was making is that 1) he was grieving, upset, in a bad way, even the father told sb he should have stopped bl from leaving 2) he left his wallet and phone behind. So, SB is extremely unconvincing when he tries to suggest it was just a little routine hike.

Imo

I'd like to know more about moving back to NY. Perhaps BL wasn't getting along with his own parents before the "van life" trip.
I think JT was making an assumption, because they didn't technically live in FLA anymore. But they lived in the Van and so, really no address. Just because they visited NY on their first stop, doesn't mean that they were planning to reside there after the trip. That was up in the air. He misspoke. jmo

I don't know your laws in the US but in France if we are driving a car we are required to have our licence and the insurance documents and registration documents available to hand to a police officer. I've lived in the UK and the police there will give you a "producer" where you take the documents to the local police station, but in France we need to have our licence to drive a car. So would BL taking the mustang be required to have his driving licence on him?

If he disregarded the laws regarding credit card usage and possibly committed a homicide, he might not comply with other laws such as driving with his license on him. IMO.

A household doesn't necessarily apply only to families. It can also include a group of people who live together under the same roof. Gabby lived with the 3 Laundries and would have been considered part of that household.

Of course. But it doesn't stretch to "someone, not the Laundries" <-- that's the phrase I was responding to. "Someone, not the Laundries" includes people outside their home, and that stretches the term "household" beyond its meaning.

(Note: Personally, I would consider Gabby, her deceased fiance, and his parents a "family" in addition to being a "household.")

yes he would. But he left his wallet and phone at the home. Point I was making is that 1) he was grieving, upset, in a bad way, even the father told sb he should have stopped bl from leaving 2) he left his wallet and phone behind. So, SB is extremely unconvincing when he tries to suggest it was just a little routine hike.

Imo

yes I totally agree with you, it's either one thing or the other - and ChL went to the park that night and searched for 4 hours or so for him - so the parents were worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trailerguy68