Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? What if it was your husband's best male friend ? I hate to bring gender into it but I see nothing wrong with two female friends wanting to track each other to be safe. The only legit fear is of an affair but in Brian's case, it is about control of his identity and how others percieve him leading to loss of control over Gabby. Brian becomes hyper aware of his own abuse of Gabby, is enraged that Gabby has told Rose (in his mind) or that she gets protection from anyone but him. JMO.
BOLDED :I thought it was odd at first. But then I saw that Gabby's friend was a pizza delivery driver and it made LOTS of sense. And now since it appears she was privy to a lot of the details of BL and Gabby's relationship, it made even more sense. JMO

Reposting this article to encourage those interested to watch the embedded 4:32 video of Gabby’s friend. Classy young gal, best FL friend & really sincere about their history as friends- but also what she observed between GP & BL long before vanlife. Very insightful imo.
Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online
@JudgeJoe you and @JerseyGirl started the timeline if you get a chance there is a question about Gabbys dad and her Van at BL’s house - did he confront them sept 10? Thanks for the help

Oh, I didn't get that impression. My issue isn't the people outside. It's not against 1A to scream with a bullhorn, but it IS disrespectful AF to everyone else in the neighborhood. Also when they were all up on the Laundie's lawn.

That's great you don't get the impression but I do & am entitled to my opinion, just like you. As I *already* said in my comment, nobody should have been on their lawn. That's not a part of 1A. I didn't say anything about the bullhorn lady but as long as BL exercises his 5A, I see no issue with everyone exercising their 1A. Believe it or not, not everyone is there for "attention". A lot of people actually, legitimately... care & are expressing their feelings.

Or his attorney instructed him to check into one. Not uncommon.

MOO.

That makes sense. It could be more staging so it seems like he was the vulnerable one and had to seek help. Who knows. Is there going to be any further press conference tonight or is that off now?

Gabby and her friend's use of a tracking app should have been of no concern to Gabby's fiance. My hypothetical feelings about my husband using a tracking app with another woman has nothing to do with this and I shouldn't have replied about it in the first place.
Sorry, I didn't mean to grill you on it, I just personally don't see the big deal, especially when gender becomes the issue.

Can anyone else imagine putting your parents through this?
Yikes.
I have 2 23 yr old sons.
Are you the first one to find this? Really good sleuthing if so...If you are the first, it is probably something you need to report as a tip i would think.. It is truly showing that the phone location must be on for it to work? How can this be? I don't know? Why does AllTrails need my phone's location?

I use the app extensively but as far as I know it only captures location while you’re using it. But I don’t know if it’s always working in the background or something as I am not that tech savvy.

Where did you read that? I’m hopelessly behind
Yeah, Ditto. I hadn't heard this either. I only saw the post from the shopkeeper in Idaho stating they came in and that she had a detailed and lengthy discussion with them about their next stop (Yellowstone I think she said?) and she was giving them advice on routes and entrances. I did not see anything of the nature posted so I'm interested in a link to that too. Thanks.

Oh, I didn't get that impression. My issue isn't the people outside. It's not against 1A to scream with a bullhorn, but it IS disrespectful AF to everyone else in the neighborhood. Also when they were all up on the Laundie's lawn.

Also, I wasn't specifically talking about you or your issue... it was a general statement on my behalf.

It's just not helpful. What if LE has been in delicate negotiations with the family for days to negotiate some plan? And it's being disrupted by very rude people shouting outside? There are limits to the First Amendment. And interfering with an active law enforcement investigation is one of them. So is trespassing, assault (which includes threatening). I am a big privacy and liberty advocate but there are limits in a civil society. No one would be complaining if they were publishing their thoughts, organizing marches, protesting in public. But harassing people on their front lawn is not usually a protected activity, even when the people inside may be bad people.
Thank you. As my grandfather said, don't get into a pissing match with skunk because all it does it make you stink. Their behavior is just as uncivilized as the Laundries'. And those people have no idea what is going on in that home with LE and regardless of what we all know to be true, the Laundries are innocent until proven guilty. We can't expect our system to work if we clog the wheels of justice. SMH

I am so disappointed that these protesters are still there. The family has asked to talk with police, and now they are doing just that. So by shouting and yelling at the house and police, they are actually hindering the investigation and still yelling at the family after they have gotten what they what they wanted!

Yes it does. If he in fact, was hearing voices and having trouble sleeping, as GP’s friend stated then he may have been exhibiting signs and symptoms of schizophrenia which usually manifests in the early 20’s.
I was trying not to jump to that conclusion, but you are objectively 100% right on symptoms and age.

I think that would be their default locations. Not necessarily where they are at the moment.

AllTrails requires a valid city to be associated with your account so that we can recommend great local trails.
How do I update my default location?

I went to look at my All Trails profile and under Maps it shows my current location.

I made my account private just now. I thought it was tracking during use.

The game changer has to be the information from the campers who BL offered $200 for a 10 mile ride. He lied about her being in the van updating the site. He lied about hiking without her for a few days. His effort to lead possible witnesses away from a possible crime scene and simultaneously provide himself with an alibi failed. Its obvious that he doubled back, grabbed the van and beat it back to Florida.He also had the van in his possession long enough to do a cleanup after his return. Thankfully, BL has left a trail of bad decisions since his interaction with the Moab police.
Its just a matter of time before LE serves an arrest warrant.

Unfortunately, I believe this to be the most probable outcome here...

Apologies if repeat. I’m behind

As the investigation into Petito's whereabouts continues, social media users have pointed out that the missing young woman last contacted her family near America's "zone of death."

The area is where savvy killers could presumably get away with murder — because it’s impossible for the government to give them a fair trial.

Although most of Yellowstone National Park falls into Wyoming State, some parts are located in Montana and Idaho — causing a loophole that could be exploited by criminals.

The zone of death is a 50-mile stretch of land in Yellowstone National Park.

Michigan State University law professor Brian C Kalt explains the area in his 2005 Georgetown Law Journal paper, known as The Perfect Crime.

Kalt implied that the park was fully assigned to Wyoming’s juridical district quarter despite it also being in Idaho and Montana.

"So unlike every other district, the district of Wyoming includes land in other states," he told VOX.
Gabby called family near 'zone of death' where 'perfect murder' could happen

For all of the people quick to jump to conclusions....

Let's say GP wasn't dating BL... but was dating the perfect guy... and then that perfect guy makes a friend... let's call him Brian Laundrie... and GP gets a hinky feeling about that friend... and then one night her boyfriend says... me and Bri are going out to this new bar... dunno what time I'll be home. Don't worry. He's cool!

Discuss:

* maybe sometimes it IS OK to worry about your significant other's friends?

Of course it's okay to worry about your partner's friends. But if there are concerns, that is when you sit down and discuss them with your partner to resolve them, not by stealing their ID.

For example, saying "hey, I wanted to ask you about your new friend X––why do you like hanging out with X? I feel that X seems to be having a negative influence on you," would be a collaborative way to address the problem.

BL seems to have taken the oppositional approach, instead saying (not his words, of course, just extrapolating), "your friend X is bad. You need to stop spending time with them because I am not OK with it" by taking away item(s) GP would need to see friend X.

Are you the first one to find this? Really good sleuthing if so...If you are the first, it is probably something you need to report as a tip i would think.. It is truly showing that the phone location must be on for it to work? How can this be? I don't know? Why does AllTrails need my phone's location?

I wonder what to make of her current location listed on this link? Considering BL’s says Florida. This is baffling to me.

Sorry, I didn't mean to grill you on it, I just personally don't see the big deal, especially when gender becomes the issue.

My friends and I send eachother live locations all the time. Sadly, in the world we live in, it's often necessary and gives some feeling of safety.

Whenever any of us are together and leave separately from a bar, restaurant, etc we always let each other know that we are home safe etc.

It's just the nature of the world we live in and to be honest, for years it has seemed completely normal to share our locations with friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214