Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems, at the very least, that some sort of conflict arose at the MP, and it seemed to revolve around money. It would be interesting to know how they shared expenses on the trip, and if this was a point of conflict between them. MOO
They both seem to like this concept of them being a "team" but it seems like that worked particularly well for Brian as he seemed to think that everything Gabby owned was his. Her keys, her van, her money, her time, her body, her existence. What did he do with her belongings when he went home to move them out of storage to his parents house? LE says they are not there. I believe that her family has not gotten them back. Did he destroy them? SB said that he presumes that the air fare for him and the week at the Fairfield for her was all paid for out of their mutual funds. That was a big chunk of money for vanlifers to spend mid-travel. If money wasn't an issue in the beginning, I'd venture to say it was toward the end. A week after Brian returning to SLC to continue the dream, Gabby was strangled to death. She was gone, her van was gone and her money was gone. It is sort of interesting that the last thing we know she said was "I want my money back" to the hostess (or manager?) at Merry Piglets. She didn't say we want our money back. Eta this is from last night

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

IMO
Brian was not much interested in 100s of selfies, but more introspective and a reader. More of an introvert. Concerned about the environment, social commentary, etc. Just from what little I saw on SM. But, really we dont know much about these two. And parents see what they want to see. If I would believe anyone, I would believe their high school friends on the nature of their personalities.

So, those last hours remind a mystery.

Last edited by a moderator:
What makes you believe she was at the Merry Piglets? Eyewitness testimony has lost a lot of credibility in this case.

Although their stories differ, two witnesses did place both GP & BL at Merry Piglets...
the TikToker and now the MP manager as seen on @BrianEntin's special last night.

What makes you think GP was not at the Merry Piglets?

I've been thinking about this too (his financial state). I was in a relationship at their age and the two of us shared everything. In my State we would have been considered "common-law married". What was mine was his and vice versa. We never thought of the legalities. I imagine G and B may have been of the same mindset?

But I do wonder if he had a separate bank account/debit card. My Ex and and I had several accounts. In both of our names, separately and jointly. Maybe that's something we'll eventually find out.

Many states have no such provisions, and for good reasons (marital liability is a big thing - and it should be possible to have a long term relationship without acquiring the other person's debts...) At any rate, in FL, the only way for two people to jointly own a vehicle (and jointly share liability for it) is for them to put both names on the registration. I think this is true for all 50 states.

It doesn't matter what someone's "mindset" is about DMV registration - it is what it is. I'm sure B thought of the van as "his," but that didn't make it so. Same with her banking account. I doubt we'll find out any more than we know now, unless someone writes a book (a family member) - and I don't think that's going to happen either.

It's less common for young people to share everything these days; many more couples keep separate finances. B listed his occupation as "graphic arts designer" on one SM site; Gabby was trying to sell his bookmarks, etc. It sure doesn't sound like B had his own bank account or credit card, for then he wouldn't have had to use hers. If he did have some sum of money of his own, then taking hers is even worse, IMO.

I was just thinking about the fact that Gabby and BL set off for this whole van life trip in June, but we know literally nothing about June, just that they left New York on July 2, then we know just a little about August. I wonder what was going on in those other months?

She starts documenting the trip when they get to Kansas, and then there's quite a bit of Instagram on Colorado and their various UT stops. They got to Kansas in a couple of days, and spent quite a bit of time in CO. She did take pictures of two meals, and of several hikes or activities. Looks like maybe a week in CO, then on to Utah where they did Canyonlands, Bryce and Zion. Looks to me they were in each park for 2-3 days. Sounds like a pretty busy trip and all time is accounted for, IMO.

“The manager, who didn’t want to be on camera, said there were no loud voices, no one got angry and no fit was thrown. The manager said Petito and Laundrie left the restaurant without paying so a server followed them outside. The pair then paid the bill out on the street, with the server noting that Laundrie was calm.

Laundrie and Petito then went back inside the restaurant together with Petito asking for her money back, the manager said. The restaurant said they were not going to give the money back, so the pair left, the manager said. Surveillance video of the interaction has since been deleted.” Timeline: Petito's final days

This is almost exactly what he said live.

Edit: Spelling

Excellent summary. I hope this finally settles the matter about the "aggression" and the "screaming."

'Life on Line: The Last Days of Gabby Petito' airs Friday, Oct. 29, at 9 p.m. ET/PT | 8 p.m. CT on ABC

"Life on Line: The Last Days of Gabby Petito" reports on the horror that unfolded in Wyoming's Grand Teton National Park and the details that lead to the discovery of remains identified as Brian Laundrie, Petito's boyfriend.

Through interviews with Jim Winder -- who is the former Moab, Utah, police chief -- experts on body language, and legal analysts, the show will break down the viral body camera footage from the couple's police stop in Moab days before Petito disappeared.

How a YouTuber says she tipped off the FBI with location of Gabby Petito's body

Last edited:
What makes you believe she was at the Merry Piglets? Eyewitness testimony has lost a lot of credibility in this case.

Although their stories differ, two witnesses did place both GP & BL at Merry Piglets...
the TikToker and now the MP manager as seen on @BrianEntin's special last night.

She went in and requested a refund!

As per the manager of MP, yes.
Despite the difference between the TikToker & the MP manager's accounting of what actually happened.. The fact is that two witnesses have acknowledged Gabby's presence & positively placed her at Merry Piglets on the 27th... and that does not include the TikToker's bf or the waitress.

So, why was Gabby outside crying? Is there an incentive for the manager to downplay the incident? Why would they come back inside and ask for their money back if they had just paid the server moments earlier? This is a weird story. By weird, I just mean that it further confuses rather than tying any ends together. MOO

Well, obviously, they still felt they shouldn't have had to pay - at all. It seems they ate some food though, so of course the restaurant personnel would have a different opinion.

We don't know why Gabby was crying in this incident. They paid the server after leaving the restaurant, if I'm understanding correctly. So they were caught doing a dine and dash - maybe Gabby was crying for that reason and because crying people often get more sympathy than those who don't; they had just tried to steal food? I haven't watched BE's video, but the summaries here make it sound as if the couple felt there was perhaps something wrong with the food or they had been overcharged, but instead of handling it by speaking to a manager inside MP, they just left?.

They came very close to having LE involved in their lives again. Maybe that's why she was crying.

All my opinion here: I really didn't completely believe the witness from the Merry Piglet. What one person calls "screaming" another person might call "forceful". When the witness said Brian was screaming and aggressive, I wasn't completely convinced. But I also don't wholeheartedly buy what the manager told Entin either, I think the manager downplayed the situation. Somewhere between the two stories is the truth. I'm sure there was a heated exchange, it was not a pleasant meal that ended with happy patrons and happy staff.

To the whole Moab/phone situation- I think Brian had a story and he had to come up with an excuse for the situation that happened, so he claimed he didn't have a phone as a detail to support his story. It's obvious he had a phone, it was charged and he lied about it. It's common when people lie about something to add more details than they should, and ironically it's those added details that often get the liar caught. It's a guilt reaction and very common, just like blinking or an increased blood pressure/heart rate.

I do feel that the situation began to devolve shortly before they hit Moab. I think he flew back home, they took some time apart to make a decision whether to continue on and ultimately decided to keep going. But things weren't any better. Putting his hands on her was crossing a boundary, and once that boundary is crossed and accepted, it's now a very dangerous situation.

It may not have been a dine and dash. Maybe it was something like they waited for the bill and it never came so they gave up and got up and left. As I recall the restaurant was allegedly busy that day. Or maybe they were just not paying attention to what they were doing or even thought they had already paid and got up and left. But if Gabby re-entered the restaurant after she paid and asked for a refund, there must have been a reason.

If the bill is late in coming, an honest customer gets up from the table and approaches the cashier, their server or the manager - they. don't just leave. If you leave, that is indeed dine and dash (and illegal if you actually took a table, ordered food and especially if you ate it).

If Gabby was upset about the food and the experience, perhaps she felt entitled to getting her money back. But unless they. refused the food at the time it was served to them (and gave the opportunity for MP make the issue right), it was illegal for them not to pay. IMO.

Tourist towns tend to be firm on this - they're not trying to get tons of return customers.

Last edited:
I feel like a fool for believing that Tik Tok person.
Now come to find out that Tik Toker should be an actress, I was played, I believed her. Did she do that to raise her views?

By watching her I truly believed that Brian was in a rage by the way that woman was acting in the Tik Tok video. No she did not use the word “rage” but that is what I envisioned watching her video.

I apologize to all the members here for posting my opinion on thinking that Brian was in a rage, the Tic Toker did a damn good job planting the seed in my mind that Gabby was crying bad and that Brian was in rage getting kicked out of the restaurant and Gabby going back in to apologize. Boy was I gullible.

I never knew how to fit that tiktoker into this story, but if she was lying, hand her the Oscar for best actress. JMO

As per the manager of MP, yes.
Despite the difference between the TikToker & the MP manager's accounting of what actually happened.. The fact is that two witnesses have acknowledged Gabby's presence & positively placed her at Merry Piglets on the 27th... and that does not include the TikToker's bf or the waitress.
I think typically when you go into a Mexican restaurant you get free chips and salsa before you order maybe they just wanted to have free chips and salsa and then leave or maybe it was taking too long for them to place their order and they felt ignored so they walked out but then the server wanted them to pay for their chips and salsa just an idea

Do we know for sure at this point that it was a full on dine and dash? Or could they have been unhappy with the service, or lack thereof, made it know to their server in a quiet way and left thinking they were being understood?
I know when I was serving, there were a few other girls that weren't completely honest with our managers about what actually happened at the table or with the service because they didn't want the blow back.. Much rather say to the manager "hey, those guys were rude and just didn't want to pay" rather than "I got sidetracked and never went back their table after I dropped off the bread and water, so they got upset and left".
I was under the impression the manager hadn't even interacted with them/their situation, but my brain may be holding onto to early inaccurate statements

If you haven't paid by the time you are outside the establishment -or- if everyone isn't clear that your meal is being comped by the management (ie: if the manager hasn't yet "interacted with" you/your situation and removed any charges from your check) then you have done a "full on dine and dash." They had eaten the food and the bill was not settled until after they had left the establishment.

Not directed at you, just in general but I'm getting a sense that people are trying to justify this. If you have eaten (even just chips and salsa, which are only free with a meal) and if you are outside the restaurant without paying or without having whatever you ate comped by a manager, you have taken something that doesn't belong to you. Most people would describe that as stealing, and it certainly would have been theft if the server raced out but was unable to reach them to insist they settle the check on the sidewalk.

If you're unhappy with the service or the food, you clear that up with a manager. Same as you would at Target; you don't walk out without paying because you're disgruntled about how your visit went.

I agree with your post. When I see their videos and pictures, I look at their body language. Something about it has always make me question their relationship. I think BL was in love with GP, but GP appears to be posing; not really wanting to get too close. It almost looks like something you might see in a travel brochure. He looks at her longer, and he leans in more. She on the other hand, looks at him sort of from the side or leans away. She has much more eye contact with the camera. Part of me believes there in lies a major part of their problems. GP wanted a travel buddy to project an image, and BL wanted to hike and be hidden away with just GP. Two people with different paths thinking they are on the same one, but just caused more problems for them.

After the new MP information, I question if it was even GP and BL , at all. It could very well have been another couple. No credit card info, no surveillance, and the manager sees many patrons each day. I don't question that a couple may have tried to walk out without paying their tab, but I wonder if it was another couple. We all know how similar BL looks.

I am questioning if GP was even alive on the 27th. She may have died August 26th at Spread Creek. Perhaps, the night of August 25 to early morning of August 26th. Whatever the date, I believe it was another fight similar to the one in Moab. This fight was in such a remote place that it escalated in GP's death. JMO

The one thing that makes me feel confident that it was BL and GP at the Merry Piglets, is that the restaurant did initially come out and confirm they were patrons there, but that the tape had been erased. That leads me to believe that there was a credit card transaction that could affirmatively prove they were there. If there was no tape, and nothing specifically confirming it was them, I feel like the restaurant would not have said anything. MOO

I'm not in the US - but the stations for say, seating customers, are these manned by servers or Managers. Who would you request an refund from, the manager or the server?
There is often a host that seats patrons or assigns them a server to seat them. Re refunds, I think it just depends on the situation and the establishment. Servers will often comp food if there are real issues. Of course if the customer wanted to escalate they could ask for the manager, or the server could ask the manager to deal with problematic guests.

Well, obviously, they still felt they shouldn't have had to pay - at all. It seems they ate some food though, so of course the restaurant personnel would have a different opinion.

We don't know why Gabby was crying in this incident. They paid the server after leaving the restaurant, if I'm understanding correctly. So they were caught doing a dine and dash - maybe Gabby was crying for that reason and because crying people often get more sympathy than those who don't; they had just tried to steal food? I haven't watched BE's video, but the summaries here make it sound as if the couple felt there was perhaps something wrong with the food or they had been overcharged, but instead of handling it by speaking to a manager inside MP, they just left?.

They came very close to having LE involved in their lives again. Maybe that's why she was crying.

According to BE's video, Gabby was not crying and BL was not angry. No one was upset at all. The waitress went after them and they paid outside, then they both came back inside and Gabby asked for her money back. The manager refused and they left.

She starts documenting the trip when they get to Kansas, and then there's quite a bit of Instagram on Colorado and their various UT stops. They got to Kansas in a couple of days, and spent quite a bit of time in CO. She did take pictures of two meals, and of several hikes or activities. Looks like maybe a week in CO, then on to Utah where they did Canyonlands, Bryce and Zion. Looks to me they were in each park for 2-3 days. Sounds like a pretty busy trip and all time is accounted for, IMO.

Excellent summary. I hope this finally settles the matter about the "aggression" and the "screaming."
I think we have conflicting accounts and can't really be sure here. Some people have implied the manager may not even have been in the room or paying attention, whereas the waitress may have been, especially if the raised voices were directed towards her. I also think as some other people have stated, given the video has been deleted, we have to be careful and consider that a story may have been massaged by management to either show themselves more favorably, or to avoid people thinking that somehow something that happened at MP was somehow the trigger that started a chain of events that ended in someone to be murdered. All MOO

According to BE's video, Gabby was not crying and BL was not angry. No one was upset at all. The waitress went after them and they paid outside, then they both came back inside and Gabby asked for her money back. The manager refused and they left.

To just add to that, I didn't catch that BrianE shared any reason why they left without paying?? I didn't catch a suggestion that they didn't care for the food or service; BrianE just relayed what the manager said happened without adding any commentary about it. I think most people wish he'd asked "Did you get any indication why they walked out??"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper