Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know who they were referring to. That would be a question for @incognitus .

Apologies if that was confusing.

"No, it wasn't what everybody said... - [BE: It wasn't?] - No, no."

Everything within the [brackets] is Brian Entin, the rest is the manager.

I have no inside information whom the manager was referring to with "everybody", but my guess would be the (social)media/public.

BBM
I'm not so sure I believe the entire MP manager's version of what happened.
Why?
__ She wanted to set things straight but... did not want to speak on camera.
__ She contradicted / downplayed virtually every negative thing the TikToker said about the encounter, as if to say: "this is a great business for visitors to patronize... nothing to see here"
__ She knows surveillance video no longer exists, so any concern about non-verification of her claims is pretty much eliminated.

As BE attested to in last night's NewsNation special, many Moab businesses did not want to talk about or address Gabby's case, and that's perhaps out of fear that it will hurt their business & tourism to Moab.... and the manager of Merry Piglets, imo is no different. But... because Merry Piglets is in a direct spotlight, the manager is most likely in clean up on isle 4 - damage control mode regarding any unfavorable rumors or reviews of the business that she manages.
jmo

I get what you're conveying but just to clarify Merry Piglets is in Jackson, Wyoming.

BBM
I'm not so sure I believe the entire MP manager's version of what happened.
Why?
__ She wanted to set things straight but... did not want to speak on camera.
__ She contradicted / downplayed virtually every negative thing the TikToker said about the encounter, as if to say: "this is a great business for visitors to patronize... nothing to see here"
__ She knows surveillance video no longer exists, so any concern about non-verification of her claims is pretty much eliminated.

As BE attested to in last night's NewsNation special, many Moab businesses did not want to talk about or address Gabby's case, and that's perhaps out of fear that it will hurt their business & tourism to Moab.... and the manager of Merry Piglets, imo is no different. But... because Merry Piglets is in a direct spotlight, the manager is most likely in clean up on isle 4 - damage control mode regarding any unfavorable rumors or reviews of the business that she manages.
jmo

If it's not on video, it didn't happen? Newspapers would like to disagree.:p

Last edited:
maybe the fbi investigated the MP incident and asked all the principles for the truth and then asked the principles to not discuss the actual incident with press. so anybody asking questions now will get a semantically filtered generic story. so we get , yes they were here, left without paying, paid outside, then asked for refund. and the adjectives "screaming" "loud" "aggressive" were dropped because those words are kinda subjective anyway and replaced with "calm" , "upset" etc. which are also subjective. kinda like nothing to see here folks, move along. but i would think what the principles stated to fbi would be somewhat consistent with what really happened. so if interviewed alone the manger tells fbi a totally different story than the waitress and the other customer tells something different than either of the employees, that's gonna be a problem but if and until the case moves forward in some way we may never know. MOO.
I think different witnesses saw different pieces of the event. Maybe the manager is only commenting on the parts that she personally witnessed or knows to be true. The omitted details could cast a totally different light on the whole thing. Hopefully the FBI has put the puzzle together and has a good idea of what actually happened.

MOO
More alternate facts, twists and turns. More questions than answers. Thank you, never heard the term "dine and dash" until this thread (I would just never go back if dissatisfied with a place). BL had $200 cash to offer for the hitchhike ride -- wasn't that the 29th? Gabby may have been better managing money/spending. And that makes me think Gabby may have been the one to request a refund at MP. No one is under oath when talking to a reporter.

I still believe something on the 27th set BL off and that BL killed Gabby.

I admit it. I'd like to know what actually happened at the MP and what's in BL's notebook, probably for my own selfish gratification. MOO

Gabby Petito's Dad Not Focused on Brian Laundrie Notebook, But Domestic Violence
or
Gabby Petito's dad on Brian Laundrie's recovered notebook

I believe I posted about this before- MP charges an 18% tip

The Merry Piglets Mexican Grill | Facebook
https://www.facebook.com › merrypiglets › posts › mer...

We do add 18% gratuity to all discounted bills. This 18% gratuity is added to the full amount before the discount, and is why you think we charged you 30% ...

I do not see it on the online menu now. not sure if it changes with the seasons, or for any other reason. some people might be surprised by that amount and some people are pretty adamant about wanting to tip what they believe is deserved, based on service, IMO. could cause confusion or anger.

I'm not sure it's important, but what you quoted about their policy relates specifically to discounted meals. That is, if the meal is discounted for some reason (bought with a groupon, a diner's club, coupon, etc.) the restaurant factors in a tip as if you were buying the food at full price. That's really only fair because the waitstaff have nothing to do with promotions and it's just as much work for them if the food is discounted as it is if the customer is charged full price. It's just something the restaurant does because a lot of customers don't really think before calculating the tip based on the cost of the meal.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Oh, I see. Well, I don't have a problem with the whole situation. I believe what the manager said to Brian Entin. Imo, if he'd asked a few more questions, the whole incident would make even more sense. jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw this:

Laundrie Likely Died 2 Days After Petito Reported Missing: Report
A North Port police spokesperson said their "misidentification" of Brian Laundrie's mother for her son didn't affect their investigation.

Tiffany Razzano, Patch Staff
Posted Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 3:08 pm ET|Updated Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 3:58 pm ET
Updated: 11:15 a.m. Friday

NORTH PORT, FL — Despite North Port police mistaking Brian Laundrie's mother for him while surveilling the family, allowing him to slip away from their Florida home Sept. 13, a spokesperson for the city said he doesn't believe this "misidentification" impacted their investigation.
"Other than confusion, it likely changed nothing. There is a very good possibility that Brian was already deceased," Josh Taylor told WFLA.

That means authorities believe Laundrie was already dead two days after his fiancée, Gabby Petito, was officially reported missing on Sept. 11.

----------------------
More here:
North Port Police Say Laundrie Likely Died 2 Days After Petito Reported Missing: Report

I don't remember what story it was in, but I remember before someone at MP saying they were walk-in (or walk up clients) and I snickered to myself, 'don't all their customers walk in?', so thats why I remembered it. But I also wondered how would they know if they drove to the restaurant or walked there from somewhere else. It wasn't a big enough wonder to care to much at the time. But this story gives that more relevance. If a server followed them out of the store they might have followed them far enough to know they weren't going into the parking lot.

I don't remember what story it was in, but I remember before someone at MP saying they were walk-in (or walk up clients) and I snickered to myself, 'don't all their customers walk in?', so thats why I remembered it. But I also wondered how would they know if they drove to the restaurant or walked there from somewhere else. It wasn't a big enough wonder to care to much at the time. But this story gives that more relevance. If a server followed them out of the store they might have followed them far enough to know they weren't going into the parking lot.
A recent Trip Advisor review qualified the review with "if you can find parking."
(I'm self-reporting this in case a reference to TA is not allowed, etc.)

A recent Trip Advisor review qualified the review with "if you can find parking."

so that doubles down on my question on why they would say they were walk-in customers. I would think must of their customers have to park elsewhere and walk to them. Unless they take a lot of reservations and thats what they meant. They didn't have reservations and were walk in business.

google street view shows that merry piglets is one of several storefront businesses on a street where the only parking on the block appears to be on the street...moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB