Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In nearly every image I've seen, GP is not wearing boots. BL could always have said that she was wearing flipflops. As they were outside the rear of the van when the Bethunes drove by, that wouldn't sound too unreasonable. If she had been wearing boots, and we know the temp. was dropping, why would she take them off and risk getting dirty feet before going into the tent? It doesn't make sense, but not much does with this case no matter what we're talking about.

Most tent campers have both flip flops and boots. One takes one's boots off at the end of the day and uses the flip-flops if one needs to go outside the tent again. In that way, not much dirt gets into the tent (also helps if something is used as a kind of doormat/entry mat.

It doesn't really. matter, except to point (perhaps) to time of day. If I were near a creek, I'd definitely stick my feet in (in flip-flops) regardless of water temp.

People usually need to go in and out of their tent several times - why would you want your dirty boots inside the tent? One's feet (bare or in socks) would be cleaner than the boots - and not only that, if you loosen your boots sufficiently, you can actually stick your feet back in if you need to walk outside again.

I continue getting up to date here, trying to join making sense of the tragedy I know everyone cares about. So I accept that some will freely speculate, or actually fabricate, rather than examine. Some of the "what ifs" are straining reasonable, thoughtful considerations. Some is just "a bridge too far" from any single reliably established clue.

I could believe that if it weren't for the codependency I saw on the bodycam video. IMO he left for Florida on 8/17, he shouldn't have returned considering things seemed to be going down hill really fast. Possible Gabby begged him to come back to at least drive the van back to NY because when he returned it was rather quick that Gabby was dead.

Wish it had turned out differently for both of these people as it may just be they weren't really compatible and learned this during those two months in close quarters. jmo

I agree. I really feel that there is no real reason for the murder. I think they just had a dysfunctional way to deal with conflict in their relationship, and sadly whatever triggered their last fight, it just spiraled out of control. It would be easier to process this tragedy to see BL as evil, or to say that the triggering event was something big, but it really just seems to me that the relationship was deteriorating and BL had a complete lack of self control in the end. MOO

We know GP and BL had the money to cover the MP bill because later BL would spend more than 1k out of GP's bank account. I'm not shocked that they tried to dine and dash. Young folks feel reckless and do crazy stupid things sometimes. Also, they paid up quick enough when asked.

I am interested in the fact that the manager said that it was GP that returned and asked for a refund. This means she thought she had a legitimate complaint and that the managers would be more sympathetic with her than BL. The number one reason people refuse to pay is that they don't like the food or that the food was somehow misrepresented. However, if they finished their meals, they're out of luck. Then it's just straight-up petty theft. From the manager's POV, it doesn't sound like the blow-up we were lead to believe. Very strange indeed.

I've enlarged the photo. It looks like he's been doing some artwork on his arms and legs.

Here's when Brian Laundrie's autopsy results will be revealed
Meant to add....BAD artwork IMO. LOL
RBBM

Say it louder for the people in the back.

MOO.

Right? I've stopped accepting the projections of even my friends' SM accounts...one was all Camelot until out of the blue "we're getting a divorce." Like, WTH did THAT come from? No one wants to air dirty laundry I guess.

If true, an example of a very emotional reaction to a situation they caused themselves. Why would not paying (by either one of them) cause Gabby to be so upset? Just pay and get on with your day. If this is the first time BL has ever done something like this, then I can see Gabby being surprised - but instant tears? Something else had to be going on.

If Brian is doing this all the time, how does Gabby not know? Maybe this is the first time they were caught...I find it very hard to believe that Gabby (the one with the credit cards and ATM card) doesn't know that they are habitually not paying. There are some pictures of meals in restaurants in Colorado - so they did eat out occasionally.

Anyway, I just don't see why this incident would cause mental blocks and distress unless something else was going on.

But we are told that Gabby went back in with Brian and she asked for their money back. This indicates some level of dissatisfaction with their food and/or service. It also shows Gabby was on board with whatever their reason was for not paying.

Frankly, the manager's story really looks like an attempt to minimize what really happened. If “there were no loud voices, no one got angry and no fit was thrown," then how did Nina and her boyfriend even notice that something was going on?

Nina: "My first thought was that they were displeased with the service,” she said, “and they were walking out or they were trying to get out of paying their bill, but it was a scene."

When the manager says they were trying to leave without paying that doesn't necessarily mean they tried to sneak out without paying. It sounds like they said, "we're not paying" and walked out, with the waitress following them out and demanding they pay. Eventually they relented and paid. But they still felt for whatever reason that they shouldn't have to pay.

Source for most of above: Online Sleuths Are Skeptical Of Wyoming Restaurant Manager’s Account Of Night Gabby Petito Was Last Seen

What I do find a little off in all of this is that it doesn't sound like Brian and Gabby were actually fighting with each other. It was both of them vs the restaurant. So how did this eventually lead to Gabby being murdered? Could it be completely irrelevant? Does it merely show that one and/or both of them was in some kind of bad mental state?

I continue getting up to date here, trying to join making sense of the tragedy I know everyone cares about. So I accept that some will freely speculate, or actually fabricate, rather than examine. Some of the "what ifs" are straining reasonable, thoughtful considerations. Some is just "a bridge too far" from any single reliably established clue.
What are your thoughts about the scenario from Aug 24th when they checked out of SLC Fairfield to Aug 30th? jmo

Why is it hard to think she was the one that did not want to pay?
He followed her out!
The manager said Brian was calm
They paid the bill outside then she wanted a refund!
Imo she did not want to pay!
Jmo

But we are told that Gabby went back in with Brian and she asked for their money back. This indicates some level of dissatisfaction with their food and/or service. It also shows Gabby was on board with whatever their reason was for not paying.

Frankly, the manager's story really looks like an attempt to minimize what really happened. If “there were no loud voices, no one got angry and no fit was thrown," then how did Nina and her boyfriend even notice that something was going on?

Nina: "My first thought was that they were displeased with the service,” she said, “and they were walking out or they were trying to get out of paying their bill, but it was a scene."

When the manager says they were trying to leave without paying that doesn't necessarily mean they tried to sneak out without paying. It sounds like they said, "we're not paying" and walked out, with the waitress following them out and demanding they pay. Eventually they relented and paid. But they still felt for whatever reason that they shouldn't have to pay.

Source for most of above: Online Sleuths Are Skeptical Of Wyoming Restaurant Manager’s Account Of Night Gabby Petito Was Last Seen

What I do find a little off in all of this is that it doesn't sound like Brian and Gabby were actually fighting with each other. It was both of them vs the restaurant. So how did this eventually lead to Gabby being murdered? Could it be completely irrelevant? Does it merely show that one and/or both of them was in some kind of bad mental state?

I agree with this whole explanation. And I think the answer to your last questions is that it doesn't really have anything to do with the murder. It's just a timeline event that has become public.

I've wondered if maybe when accosted for dashing out, G may have paid on the street with HER cash. Maybe Brian didn't want to pay at all, so marched her in there telling her to demand HER money back. Perhaps, normally, they paid with their "mutual funds". So G in this case, wound up paying with her own stash. jmo

We know GP and BL had the money to cover the MP bill because later BL would spend more than 1k out of GP's bank account. I'm not shocked that they tried to dine and dash. Young folks feel reckless and do crazy stupid things sometimes. Also, they paid up quick enough when asked.

I am interested in the fact that the manager said that it was GP that returned and asked for a refund. This means she thought she had a legitimate complaint and that the managers would be more sympathetic with her than BL. The number one reason people refuse to pay is that they don't like the food or that the food was somehow misrepresented. However, if they finished their meals, they're out of luck. Then it's just straight-up petty theft. From the manager's POV, it doesn't sound like the blow-up we were lead to believe. Very strange indeed.

I think there was an undercurrent of bad things that were happening and didn't witness any of it, but it most certainly led up to the Moab incident. It was only discovered because someone did witness it and felt alarmed enough to call 911.

Obviously none of us truly know what was happening that wasn't witnessed by anyone, but BL did say something on 9/12 that I didn't know until the 20/20 special last night.

He said it was the little things, all the little things that led up to that stop. Yes, to me this was like picking, picking little things that added up to the the blow up.

After he left her on the 17th for Florida, he returned several days later and the picking, picking behaviors also returned with him.

Said it before, but it's worth repeating, wish he never returned from Florida. Had he stayed away they would both still be alive today. Lesson Learned! JMO

The whole point of Van Life vlogs, insta's, etc. is to promote Van Life.

As stated, oh, along about Threads 2-4, there are lots of Van Life youtube channels, many of them by women traveling solo. Many are young women, but there are Van Life channels featuring various ages of people. People typically choose a favorite channel or two based on similarity to their own travel style. So, if people mostly cook out (as we do), we watch camping and Van Life videos where people do their own cooking. If we're planning a tent trip to, say, Sedona, with perhaps a couple of nights in a hotel, we watch videos that feature restaurants. Etc.

There was and is a niche for Van Life couple adventures. There aren't a lot of Van Life couple adventures (in fact, the one guy we watched, who used to travel with his wife, is now traveling with his father - because the wife is home with their babies, so we don't watch any more). The things that the two men do each day are not the things that the couple did together. The other solo woman traveler we used to watch...well, we don't any more, because she mostly started staying in one place for as long as she could (28-30 days) and it got boring.

For the demographic in which Brian and Gabby would have appeal, the couple angle (cooking for and with each other, kissy face photos, romance atop various rock arches) is super important. Of course they have to keep the narrative as one of having a good time. There aren't tons of Van Life youtube channels featuring a stylish young woman and her artistic fiancée and the style elements that Gabby incorporated into the van and tent.

It has occurred to me, though, that Gabby wasn't posting anything about businesses they might have gone to (such as the coffee shop in Moab). It's a courtesy to the owners to do so, and is much appreciated - and certainly leads to being remembered kindly if the travelers happen to pass that way again. OTOH, if Gabby felt they were already pushing local buttons by remaining 6 hours in a coffee shop (would love to know how much coffee or tea they actually ordered), then she probably would take that approach.

I don't think Gabby stayed in the hotel at Colter Bay, because it's booked up so far in advance and it's rather expensive. There is a campground there, though. Sometimes young people who are staying in campgrounds will allow another young couple (or an old couple!) to share their campsite. So far, I haven't seen any credible evidence that she was actually there - so if anyone can point me to it, that would be great.

If any employee in the restaurant rushed after them (for not paying), I'd consider that a scene. Wait staff and managers don't hurry to the front door and follow other people - it would be noticeable (at least to me).

I think the accounts that include shouting and crying need to be inspected carefully. If Gabby was on board for not paying for the food (btw, you can't just tell staff that you're not paying and walk out - restaurants don't work that way), then why was she crying? Was that how she had managed to avoid paying for things in the past or otherwise gotten her way?

Snipped by me for relevance. This is what I think. No where does it imply it was a stealth dine and dash, just that they left without paying. Not saying it was the right way to handle the situation, just agreeing that they possibly could have said we’re not paying because of x, y or z and not that they tried to sneak out. JMO

In many restaurants in the US, there is no cashier.

Then, as I said, you follow the server asking to speak to the manager. Someone has to have a device to run a credit card, somewhere in the restaurant - sometimes it's each server. Follow that person; pay your bill. Stand up, make the attempt to pay, even if you have to walk around the restaurant. Surely some other people were paying?

Watch to see when someone else pays, then jump up and present your own card. Or as I said, walk to a nearby ATM (3 minute walk away from Merry Piglets) while your partner waits patiently (if you don't have a credit card - which they did have, but if cash would be quicker - go get cash).

Things in and around National Parks often move much more slowly than in regular urban/suburban towns and that's because...people are on vacation and many, many people enjoy the slower pace.

If it's a restaurant where everyone has one of those handheld card readers - then everyone is a cashier, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member