Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something just occurred to me - being as it was the waitress who followed them out- could the issue have been that they didn’t leave a tip? Maybe that’s why they’re being so tight lipped about it? It’s not a good look pr wise.
I don't think so. Waitperson wouldn't chase them out for an extraneous tip. But if the tip was included in the bill, that was what the customer owed. Period. jmo

Something just occurred to me - being as it was the waitress who followed them out- could the issue have been that they didn’t leave a tip? Maybe that’s why they’re being so tight lipped about it? It’s not a good look pr wise.
I don't think so. Waitperson wouldn't chase them out for an extraneous tip. But if the tip was included in the bill, that was what the customer owed. Period. jmo
I’m not totally understanding the relevance of the dine and dash conversation. Does it matter in the context of Gabby’s death why she left the restaurant? I do understand if she had an argument with BL, it’s very relevant as he likely ended up killing her. But if they chose to leave because they didn’t agree with a tip, didn’t like the service, or even just felt like being obnoxious… does it further the investigation into the circumstances of her death?
We don't know how relevant it was, only that it was an incident that took place just hours before he killed her. jmo

I’m not totally understanding the relevance of the dine and dash conversation. Does it matter in the context of Gabby’s death why she left the restaurant? I do understand if she had an argument with BL, it’s very relevant as he likely ended up killing her. But if they chose to leave because they didn’t agree with a tip, didn’t like the service, or even just felt like being obnoxious… does it further the investigation into the circumstances of her death?

Yes, for the most part, you're right. However, the original story was much more explosive. This was also the last time Gabby was seen alive. People have been speculating that the argument at MP boiled over and resulted in Gabby's death that very same night. This has been discussed on WS time and time again. As an earlier poster said, this new version makes it them vs the restaurant, not them vs each other.

No it doesn't, imo, it's just another imperfect day where reality doesn't meet their prior expectations. More tension & irritation

The ABC 20/20 clip is interesting
'.... smaller van than I usually see.... they were struggling...... not going viral'
https://twitter.com/ABC2020/status/1454256740002893824

Yes, for the most part, your right. However, the original story was much more explosive. This was also the last time Gabby was seen alive. People have been speculating that the argument at MP boiled over and resulted in Gabby's death that very same night. This has been discussed on WS time and time again. As an earlier poster said, this new version makes it them vs the restaurant, not them vs each other.

By the time they were in Jackson, they had already been in contact with law enforcement and involuntarily separated for a night in Moab, and then five days later, Gabby spent 5 days alone in a hotel in SLC while he went back to Florida until the 24th. I think MerryPiglets had become significant in the context of what happened in the days previous to it and through the lens of the influencer who originally posted that they were arguing in a restaurant just (a few hours? a few days??) before she died.

Yes, for the most part, you're right. However, the original story was much more explosive. This was also the last time Gabby was seen alive. People have been speculating that the argument at MP boiled over and resulted in Gabby's death that very same night. This has been discussed on WS time and time again. As an earlier poster said, this new version makes it them vs the restaurant, not them vs each other.
I think it was probably a bit of both. JMO

Well the FBI never says the van was stolen!
Sooo being they were not married it had to be in someone’s name. Did they each pay half
Who paid the Insurance?
Another thing if it was registered back to Brian’s house abs the van ended up back there it was not stolen correct?

Who knows!
I have been thinking along these lines also. Is there a warrant online for the recovery of the van as evidence?

I agree. I really feel that there is no real reason for the murder. I think they just had a dysfunctional way to deal with conflict in their relationship, and sadly whatever triggered their last fight, it just spiraled out of control. It would be easier to process this tragedy to see BL as evil, or to say that the triggering event was something big, but it really just seems to me that the relationship was deteriorating and BL had a complete lack of self control in the end. MOO

From my point of view, a dysfunctional relationship is in fact the reason for many harmful acts, including murder.

Totally agree that BL lost all self-control. His pinterest seems to have disappeared, but he spoke about the "burn-out" he felt and posted a picture of a self-help book. The trigger for violence can indeed something that looks really trivial to outsiders.

They took the van but I have no
Idea where it is now!

The van probably is locked up in an secured LE evidence lot or even a secure building . I would bet FBI are in charge of it, since the crime took place on federal land, crossed many state lines and must have evidence in it. (Asked my spouse retired LE). Of course like anything with this case, who really knows? JMOO

ETA remove first draft of post

I agree, too. Early on, my theory (and just a theory!) was that he was anguished and distraught by what he had done and wanted to die in such a way that no trace of him remained -- that he went to the reserve with a gun and searched for a place like a pond where his body would be taken care of by alligators and other wildlife. (Again, MOO)

I don't want to like this post solely for the omg, that's just so gross, ugh, creepy factor... however, I did like it because, despite the shaking body visual I now have, you could very well be right.

Most managers will comp the meal just to keep the complaint quiet if nothing else.

From reading the reviews of MP online, I don't think they do that a lot - and from having been in Jackson several times, I think it's uncommon there. Almost no one is going to come back to the same restaurant again (and the restaurants locals go to are, IMO, less pricey and not in the quaint downtown area - there are a couple of 24 hour coffee shops, where locals often choose to meet each other or someone visiting from outside, IMO).

I'm guessing that due to local and the style of travel of many people passing through Jackson, MP had no trouble filling tables...

It definitely happens. I know this first hand. Not that that's what happened here, but it did come to mind.

We don't know what happened. We likely never will. I'm happy to give GP and BL the benefit of the doubt on this one.

MOO.

Right now, all we have is circumstantial evidence against BL. The fact that things were not going wrong at MP as we had once been told, is Germain to their frames of mind at the time as this may have been the same day, hours before Gabby was killed. So, now we know, there was no yelling or screaming or upset. Nothing emotional at all, if the manager is to be believed. This was not the fulcrum of the events that led to Gabby's death as many have thought.

I think it may just be a case of him being found not particularly far from where he left the mustang. I would think that if he was "on the run" or really trying to not be found, he would have tried to get a considerable distance away from the mustang.

JMO

The BIG IRONY to me.....
I believe that "resolution" can bring calm and a semblance of rational behavior.

I believe he "rationally" decided to be quite close to the Mustang, so his dad and/or LE would find him quickly.

I believe he did this to avoid ---> the whole Show that we experienced in the month that followed.

Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member