Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moo Merry Piglets. For whatever reason they were unhappy with how long it was taking for the server to actually come back to take their order and they ate the chips and salsa or bread that was brought out. Deciding this was taking to long they just left. The server charged them for the food and maybe Brian paid while GP was still arguing it and the two went back in to get the money that Brian handed over. Management said no so they went back outside but GP was so upset about paying for something she didn't think they owed because it was the restaurants fault they didn't take their order. She was so upset that Brian went back in to try again. And again when he came out without the refund he went in again at GP insistence. He was her knight and wanted to make her happy.

Interesting. I thought of a lot of things that could have explained the abrupt departure - bad food, bad service, wifi overstay - but I have to admit dine-n-dash didn't even cross my mind. This case.:confused:

That didn't occur to me either. It makes me wonder, what do we really know about these two people? Almost nothing. We know what they wanted us to see on social media. We know a few things their friends have said about them. But we really don't know the character of either of them. I've never done "dine and dash" because I don't believe in stealing. It's very clearly dishonest and wrong, for whatever reason. To the restaurant it's stealing. Gabby and Brian for some reason thought stealing was OK.... Apparently. I mean, that is what the facts according to the manager of the restaurant are. So what kind of people were Gabby and Brian really? We have assumed a LOT about both of them and this proves we really don't know much if anything about either one of them.

MOO

Merry Piglets

the incident “wasn’t what everyone said.

Timeline: Petito's final days

The manager, who didn’t want to be on camera, said there were no loud voices, no one got angry and no fit was thrown. The manager said Petito and Laundrie left the restaurant without paying so a server followed them outside. The pair then paid the bill out on the street, with the server noting that Laundrie was calm.

Laundrie and Petito then went back inside the restaurant together with Petito asking for her money back, the manager said. The restaurant said they were not going to give the money back, so the pair left, the manager said. Surveillance video of the interaction has since been deleted.

Yakiddinme? I just reread Nina's statement
Brian Laundrie argued in Wyoming restaurant hours before Gabby Petito vanished: eyewitnesses

IF there was video (now destroyed) and it proved that there was no shouting , no walking in and out by Brian and no crying and apology by Gabby then .. what the?

Moo Merry Piglets. For whatever reason they were unhappy with how long it was taking for the server to actually come back to take their order and they ate the chips and salsa or bread that was brought out. Deciding this was taking to long they just left. The server charged them for the food and maybe Brian paid while GP was still arguing it and the two went back in to get the money that Brian handed over. Management said no so they went back outside but GP was so upset about paying for something she didn't think they owed because it was the restaurants fault they didn't take their order. She was so upset that Brian went back in to try again. And again when he came out without the refund he went in again at GP insistence. He was her knight and wanted to make her happy.

Until a short time later when she ended up strangled to death....

That didn't occur to me either. It makes me wonder, what do we really know about these two people? Almost nothing. We know what they wanted us to see on social media. We know a few things their friends have said about them. But we really don't know the character of either of them. I've never done "dine and dash" because I don't believe in stealing. It's very clearly dishonest and wrong, for whatever reason. To the restaurant it's stealing. Gabby and Brian for some reason thought stealing was OK.... Apparently. I mean, that is what the facts according to the manager of the restaurant are. So what kind of people were Gabby and Brian really? We have assumed a LOT about both of them and this proves we really don't know much if anything about either one of them.

MOO

It certainly sheds a different light on things, that's for sure.

All that talk about Brian being aggressive and angry and confrontational at Merry Piglets... All that talk about Brian making Gabby cry at Merry Piglets...

I wonder now if when Gabby was seen apologising to the server it wasn't an apology for Brian's behaviour, but rather an apology for being caught leaving without paying..

MOO

I thought witnesses said GP went back in to apologize to the staff?

Merry Piglets

the incident “wasn’t what everyone said.

Timeline: Petito's final days

The manager, who didn’t want to be on camera, said there were no loud voices, no one got angry and no fit was thrown. The manager said Petito and Laundrie left the restaurant without paying so a server followed them outside. The pair then paid the bill out on the street, with the server noting that Laundrie was calm.

Laundrie and Petito then went back inside the restaurant together with Petito asking for her money back, the manager said. The restaurant said they were not going to give the money back, so the pair left, the manager said. Surveillance video of the interaction has since been deleted.

Moo... Could they have been served their drinks and no one returned to take their order? I left a restaurant after waiting an hour after our drinks were served. Oh course we offered pay to for the drinks. Years ago, we went to the local movie theater, got drinks and popcorn, waiting for the movie to start. The manager came in and said, weren't showing the movie because we only have 10 people. You know they wouldn't refund anyone's drink and popcorn money. I was pregnant, it was our anniversary. I cried when we got in the car, very upsetting.

I notice BB said, they did not pay, but didn't say it was for food. I can't see GP not wanting to pay. She's worked in a restaurant, I'm betting their is more to this story.

All speculation. Moo...

It certainly sheds a different light on things, that's for sure.

All that talk about Brian being aggressive and angry and confrontational at Merry Piglets... All that talk about Brian making Gabby cry at Merry Piglets...

I wonder now if when Gabby was seen apologising to the server it wasn't an apology for Brian's behaviour, but rather an apology for being caught leaving without paying..

MOO
Could BL have sent GP back in by herself to tearfully ask for their money back because he thought MP were more likely to give it to her if she gave them a sob story?

It may not have been a dine and dash. Maybe it was something like they waited for the bill and it never came so they gave up and got up and left. As I recall the restaurant was allegedly busy that day. Or maybe they were just not paying attention to what they were doing or even thought they had already paid and got up and left. But if Gabby re-entered the restaurant after she paid and asked for a refund, there must have been a reason.
Must be a reason that they didn't give her a refund, too. jmo

MOO
Couldn't agree more.

I believe the manager at MP more than the witness seeking insta fame.
Whatever happened Gabby did not deserve to die.

We don't know that the incident at MP is related to her death in any way though. It might not have been a precursor to it. It's only the previous stories about the MP incident that lead people to speculate that BL killed her after the scene at MP.

Now that the manager has stated there was no anger, no loud voices and no fit was thrown, I don't think that MP can be considered a contributing factor in the lead up to GP's death.

MOO

Was it Fox news digital that originally reported the story? jmo

Moo... Could they have been served their drinks and no one returned to take their order? I left a restaurant after waiting an hour after our drinks were served. Oh course we offered pay to for the drinks. Years ago, we went to the local movie theater, got drinks and popcorn, waiting for the movie to start. The manager came in and said, weren't showing the movie because we only have 10 people. You know they wouldn't refund anyone's drink and popcorn money. I was pregnant, it was our anniversary. I cried when we got in the car, very upsetting.

I notice BB said, they did not pay, but didn't say it was for food. I can't see GP not wanting to pay. She's worked in a restaurant, I'm betting their is more to this story.

All speculation. Moo...

IMO I was a waitress and I tip generously when service is good and when food is late I often give the server the benefit of the doubt because it may well have been the kitchen. When service is truly bad, though, I can be pretty judgy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver