Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you run a business out of your house? Were the police there to ask why your neighbor's vehicle was in your driveway and question a household member of yours who was the last known person to be with your neighbor? If you answered no to either or both of these questions, then you are trying to compare apples to oranges. There is no relationship between what you experienced and what the Laundries experienced at all.

Do we really have any idea what the police actually asked the first time they arrived to the Laundrie's door and were slipped Mr. Bertolino's card? (Other than asking to speak with Brian and having that refused.) Specifically, do we know if they asked "Hey, why is Gabby's van in your driveway?"

Color me confused. Because the van was towed 11:30 pm and it was as new as a newborn baby case, how was there a video made? I've never saw it if it exists, do you have a link? I'd appreciate seeing this video. JMO
If I may…… there was a video made a few weeks ago of the van being moved to StPete I believe

They acted on their attorney's advice. These people had nothing to do with Gabby's murder and it should have all been put on their son and his inactions of speaking to anyone.

Adult children are responsible and accountable for any crimes they may commit, the parent's should not. People coming out to torment the parent's for the sins of the son is despicable, IMO.
Gabby's Mother disagrees with you.

"Schmidt says she has no doubt Laundrie’s parents have knowledge they are withholding about what transpired between Brian and Gabby."

“I think silence speaks volumes,” she said. “Yes, I believe they know, probably if not everything, they know most of the information. I would love to just face to face ask, ‘Why are you doing this? Just tell me the truth.”

Gabby Petito’s parents say they trusted Brian Laundrie to ‘take care of her’; ‘Her life was stolen from her’ | Gephardt Daily

Question that keeps nagging me: Did the Laundries find out Gabby was missing prior to the police showing up to do a welfare check on her? If they didn't, why did they need representation?

As awful as the L's were for not speaking up, they had no obligation, especially if they really didn't know anything.

But let's not make the mistake of thinking the parent's committed a crime, their son committed the crime, he was the only one who should have spoken up concerning this case.

The only other case where the crowds gathered a around parent's and protested, is Casey Anthony. The Anthony parent's committed no crime until the day Cindy Anthony got on the stand and perjured herself.

Other than not responding to the Petito's what crime have they committed. Their wanting to protect their child is not a crime, millions of parents have done this for their child even the worst of the worst criminals have the support of at least their paren

I agree! I just think at this point the public received it's pound of flesh from the Laundries, while he wasn't a victim in this case, the Laundries lost their child. That is hopefully the end of this for both families. Both have lost their children, can't go back now thinking the what if's, it's done for Gabby's family and for BL's family. Now we should just let them grieve and give them the privacy they need to survive and move on in their lives. JMHO
I respectfully disagree.

I'm trying to put myself in the Laundries shoes, and I think I would have done exactly as I imagine they did.

Brian comes home alone. Naturally, I would question him. He tells me that he got into a fight with Gabby and she decided to go with her friend and will be back later. This makes sense to me as Gabby had talked about meeting up with her friend before and I knew her and Brian were having issues. I have no reason to try and verify the information.

I miss a call from Gabby's parents, and they leave a voice mail saying that she is missing. I question Brian. He is evasive and overly emotional. Worried, I call my long time friend and lawyer. He tells to me to not talk and emphasizes the damage I might do by talking. Shocked and fearful of putting my son at risk, I heed his advice. I believe that Brian is innocent but worry he is not telling me the whole story. His story about Gabby going off with her girlfriend is clearly not true.

I continue to try and talk to Brian and get information. He resists and I'm starting to suspect something awful happened though I don't want to believe it. I continue to follow my lawyers advice, as I don't have anything of value to say to the Laundries in any case. I don't know where Gabby is or even her last location. I'm scared, but still hopeful that he is innocent. My mind is going in a million directions and all I can do, is trust my lawyer and continue to pressure Brian.

After a few days of fighting with Brian, he leaves to go hiking. I try to stop him, but he goes anyway. It's the last time I will see him. My world is ending and I am helpless, confused and heartbroken.

They find Gabby's body. Brian is gone. I fear they will find his body next. I have nothing useful to say and am emotionally and mentally spent. The protesters and press are a never ending torment. I will continue to follow my lawyers advice. There is nothing left to do.

pretty much how I have seen it since the beginning. I always do tend to me a "you have to try to understand both sides" anyway.

But I was just so pained by all the evil stuff thrown at the L's over the past 6 -8 weeks. Lordy.

And all this evil stuff lurks forever in the clouds of the internet.

I just keep thinking where in heavens name are they going to go in the future....
There is no way I could stay there where they are now....

As awful as the L's were for not speaking up, they had no obligation, especially if they really didn't know anything.

But let's not make the mistake of thinking the parent's committed a crime, their son committed the crime, he was the only one who should have spoken up concerning this case.

The only other case where the crowds gathered a around parent's and protested, is Casey Anthony. The Anthony parent's committed no crime until the day Cindy Anthony got on the stand and perjured herself.

Other than not responding to the Petito's what crime have they committed. Their wanting to protect their child is not a crime, millions of parents have done this for their child even the worst of the worst criminals have the support of at least their paren
<modsnip>
It was the parents who refused to allow LE access to Brian.

Do we really have any idea what the police actually asked the first time they arrived to the Laundrie's door and were slipped Mr. Bertolino's card? (Other than asking to speak with Brian and having that refused.) Specifically, do we know if they asked "Hey, why is Gabby's van in your driveway?"
How about is Gabby here?

Since they are the owners of a business they run out of their house, I would say, emphatically, yes. Retainer fees are between $500 and $5,000 and for any business owner, they are necessary. People here are forgetting that Gabby's vehicle was located by LE on the Laundrie's property AND that is the address for the Laundrie's business and livelihood. The Laundries were right to zealously protect their business. Also, if you look at SB's website, he is, in fact a business attorney, not just a real estate attorney and he also practices criminal law and personal injury law. People here are assuming SB only represented the Laundries on real estate, but I don't think that is factual. I think he is most likely their business attorney. The Laundries home should be treated like a business headquarters. If LE comes into a business, they are directed to the corporate attorney. That is what the Laundries did, they directed LE to SB, their business attorney.
BBM
Where is your link to prove this information? Otherwise it is just your own opinion. You need to support it with MSM.

Here's a law professor explaining it better than I did:

"You might make mistakes when explaining where you were at the time of a crime that the police interpret as lies; the officer talking to you could misremember what you say much later; you may be tricked into saying the wrong things by cops under no obligation to tell you the truth; and your statements to police could, in combination with faulty eyewitness accounts, shoddy "expert" testimony, and sheer bad luck, lead to you being convicted of a serious crime."

source: A Law Professor Explains Why You Should Never Talk to Police
The Petitos and the Schmidts are not LE.

How about is Gabby here?

I have no idea what they asked before they were referred to the attorney, but that doesn't mean it isn't known. I'm asking whether this information is present somewhere (somewhere that we can view.)

It’s possible they thought Gabby was home with her Mom till the phone calls started!
I'm not sure we'll ever know what BL told his parents, but my guess is he told them Gabby flew home to NY when they broke up. Just a guess. We don't know what BL told his parents the first time he arrived home without Gabby either. For all we know, BL's parents were beyond tired of all the back and forth and were just glad (in their minds) that the relationship was finally over and done with. MOO

I don't believe they asked if it was Gabby's van because they already knew it was Gabby's. They picked up the van at the same time they initiated contact with the Laundries on the night of 9/11, so they must have noted the van and run the plates before that time. I'm not sure how it all fits in the timeline because the NS said she didn't know the van was in the driveway until after LE went to the Laundrie home on the evening of 9/11. And Gabby wasn't officially reported missing until 6:55pm on the evening of 9/11.

...Petito's disappearance after Schmidt reported her missing at 6:55 p.m. on September 11.
A timeline of Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie's road trip that ended in their deaths

"We showed up. We see the vehicle. We take the vehicle," North Port, Florida, police spokesperson Josh Taylor told Insider
A timeline of Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie's road trip that ended in their deaths

<modsnip: linked blog is not permitted>

Last edited by a moderator:
I own a business and do not have an attorney on retainer. I've been involved in innumerable start-ups, and we engaged attorneys but did not have them "on retainer," for what it's worth. I would be willing to bet that "having an attorney on retainer" is a rarity for a routine small business. JMO.
This lawyer a long time friend and I believe he’s there when they need him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces