Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We do know that the L's CHOSE to not contact G's family when their son returned to FLA without her. Their friend/legal advisor may or may not have advised them not to talk at that time. It was not an order, however. They chose. jmo

Does anyone know if there are going to be DNA results on the skull and teeth? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
We do know that the L's CHOSE to not contact G's family when their son returned to FLA without her. Their friend/legal advisor may or may not have advised them not to talk at that time. It was not an order, however. They chose. jmo

But BL and GP were adults. And not just adults a few days past their 18th birthdays. Plus wasn't it only yesterday people on WS were agreeing with the NPPD chief that G&B had moved to NY in June? Not sure I buy the NY move myself but as I recall many people commenting here yesterday did. If that's what the L's thought, why would they have contacted anyone? Why report an adult who had moved out of their house3 months before and moved over 1000+ miles away? Were they supposed to expect her to change her mind and come back?
JMO

But BL and GP were adults. And not just adults a few days past their 18th birthdays. Plus wasn't it only yesterday people on WS were agreeing with the NPPD chief that G&B had moved to NY in June? Not sure I buy the NY move myself but as I recall many people commenting here yesterday did. If that's what the L's thought, why would they have contacted anyone? Why report an adult who had moved out of their house3 months before and moved over 1000+ miles away? Were they supposed to expect her to change her mind and come back?
JMO
It's not about reporting. It was a curious situation and we have no idea what story B told them about his sudden appearance home. But, even if they missed the cues that something wasn't quite right, they then refused to respond to G's very concerned parents. That is not criminal behavior, but it is cold and mighty suspicious. jmo

It's not about reporting. It was a curious situation and we have no idea what story B told them about his sudden appearance home. But, even if they missed the cues that something wasn't quite right, they then refused to respond to G's very concerned parents. That is not criminal behavior, but it is cold and mighty suspicious. jmo

My understanding is that the first time that Gabby's parents tried to contact the Laundries was on Saturday the 11th. The Laundries had recently returned from the Fort DeSoto camping trip (on the 8th.) They may well have been working on the 9th and 10th and then have been in the process of unpacking from that trip on the weekend, doing laundry, catching up on housework, yard work, mail and not paying attention to their cellphones. Then the police turned up at their house at 11pm that night and they gave the police their lawyer's card and called SB at 11:30pm. IMO, the Laundrie parents might have been like deer in the headlights at that point. Frankly, many people in the USA would not have answered the door to anyone at 11:30pm due to crime. I can only imagine how alarmed they were at the time. They may well have been the first time they knew something was wrong and that's why they contacted their attorney. What if, up until then they thought that Gabby had gone back to New York? But I don't think they "refused" or ignored Gabby's parents. I think they had no clue what was going on and no information to give them that would help.

My impression early on was that BL was telling the lawyer that he was a crime victim and there would be a bushy-haired stranger type of defense. I'm not sure why the lawyer couldn't tell Gabby's family or the police where BL last saw Gabby. But...knowing how poor communication in this case has been, it is equally possible that SB did tell the FBI where BL last saw Gabby. Of course, Gabby's family would not be aware of anything SB told LE.

All JMO.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

But both BL's family and GP's families appear to have felt differently and supported the decisions the couple made. GP's family rented her at least one car so she could travel (per JP) and may have bought the van as well. BL's family provided several different free places for the couple to live. GP's mother said the family was financially supportive and "envious" of the choices GP made to travel and live as a free spirit vs going to school or keeping a job. Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

I'm not sure if I'd have made the same decisions any of the parents did before the trip. Like you, I'd have preferred to see a bit more of a realistic future orientation. But I think I would have treated them as adults. So if my adult son came back from a trip without his girlfriend, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't call up her mother (if I even had the number) the way I might have if they were still high school kids.
JMO

We don't know what really transpired with either of them from Aug 13 to Aug 24. She was alone in SLC (from 17th to 23rd) while he was supposedly home moving their stuff out of storage to his parents house and according to Cassie he was helping his father do that? (Not, his father helping him.) And Cassie was familiar enough that she stated it wasn't a storage unit, but it was a storage "locker". Where the L's had room at their home for all the kids stuff, in August, apparently there was not room for it in June? After Gabby was found deceased, her mom wanted to know where Gabby's belongings were. She seemed to believe that Brian had taken them to his parents home. For her to think that, I am presuming that that's what Gabby told her. But, according to local LE, they are not aware of anything of Gabby's being at the Laundrie home. As far as we know, NS still has not had G's belongings returned to her. What did Brian do with Gabby's stuff? And why did moving their storage stuff take almost a week to accomplish? And why was he summoned to help HIS FATHER do it, anyway? What else was going on on his FLA hiatus? And what was Gabby doing for that week? Lots of questions, no answers. JMO

The Forensic Anthropologist will conduct the DNA testing, so, yes, there will be DNA results.

Yes, I'm hopeful - teeth were present, good repository for DNA, often centuries later. Also, there are some super fancy techniques that university anthropologists have in the best labs that can allow some reconstruction of DNA from other body parts.

We don't know what really transpired with either of them from Aug 13 to Aug 24. She was alone in SLC (from 17th to 23rd) while he was supposedly home moving their stuff out of storage to his parents house and according to Cassie he was helping his father do that? (Not, his father helping him.) And Cassie was familiar enough that she stated it wasn't a storage unit, but it was a storage "locker". Where the L's had room at their home for all the kids stuff, in August, apparently there was not room for it in June? After Gabby was found deceased, her mom wanted to know where Gabby's belongings were. She seemed to believe that Brian had taken them to his parents home. For her to think that, I am presuming that that's what Gabby told her. But, according to local LE, they are not aware of anything of Gabby's being at the Laundrie home. As far as we know, NS still has not had G's belongings returned to her. What did Brian do with Gabby's stuff? And why did moving their storage stuff take almost a week to accomplish? And why was he summoned to help HIS FATHER do it, anyway? What else was going on on his FLA hiatus? And what was Gabby doing for that week? Lots of questions, no answers. JMO
I think.they.packed.everything g up.because they we're not coming back! I don't believe its a lot of stuff ! We don't have winter and summer clothes here. Lol It was room.they had and the furniture is probably Brian ! Clothes books art.supplies etc.etc would be what I would imagine she left.behind . there may be alot.of those things.left.innthe.van
I think they broke up because if they didn't why not send the things.to NY! He went home.so he goes.to the storage gets his stuff out then she Maybe asks him.to.come back!
And off he goes!
He should.have.stayed home!

Just a thought!

Does anyone know if there are going to be DNA results on the skull and teeth? <modsnip>

I wonder if the rest of the immediate area was searched for other remains?

Also - I am guessing he was already dead and in the water before maybe an alligator came by and finished him off?

Sorry if this sounds graphic, but my experience around gators is that when they are awake and in a nature preserve like Mabry Carlton, they tend to be shy by nature. If you're sitting on a bench by a lake and you're very quiet, it's not uncommon for a gator to surface to see what's going on. More often than not, they submerge again.

Unless BL did something less than wise, or purely by accident, like step on a gator while wading through wetlands deeper than 6", I'd have to think he was dead by then. MOO

I am really feeling anxious about the Petitos and Schmidts too.

<modsnip>

All six parents' lives are forever changed.
No real chance for redemption anywhere........

Its very.possible they knew.everything that was.going.on!
From.him going home. Empty storage
To.the LE stop
And the restaurant!
When he shows up.at home they are not surprised!
The calls.didn't start till the 11th. Then they realized something was very wrong a d a few days later.he was gone too!

We.don't know what he told.his.parents but my guess is they were.aware!
Jmo

I am really feeling anxious about the Petitos and Schmidts too.

The vitriol for Brian for that month, certainly kept everyone seeing Gabby as the perfect one.
Probably to a fault, in my mind.

If they are going to devote a part of their lives to this foundation, I think, even they, are going to face more pressure to "truth out" more about Gabby.

All six parents' lives are forever changed.
No real chance for redemption anywhere........
I totally agree!

Yes, I'm hopeful - teeth were present, good repository for DNA, often centuries later. Also, there are some super fancy techniques that university anthropologists have in the best labs that can allow some reconstruction of DNA from other body parts.
Do you know if the identification by dental records is being questioned? I thought it was confirmed. Why would they still be looking for generic evidentiary material? Maybe there is some point of law where identification via DNA trumps that completed via record comparison? I have no idea, maybe I’m missing a point of why the quest for an answer about DNA analysis has become so important.

Do you know if the identification by dental records is being questioned? I thought it was confirmed. Why would they still be looking for generic evidentiary material? Maybe there is some point of law where identification via DNA trumps that completed via record comparison? I have no idea, maybe I’m missing a point of why the quest for an answer about DNA analysis has become so important.
I think they are not concerned about ID....he was ID"d by dental records. The issue is Cause of death. DNA isn't going to reveal that. I hope that they have enough skull parts to assemble to rule in or out death by gunshot. jmo (And, who knows? Maybe they found a gun.) Even if they did, to say that he used it on himself, they need evidence. JMO

BL would have just turned 24. At what point do you start thinking of your future? At what point do you want to be responsible for yourself? MOO.

These days? Early 30's, usually.

I get where you are coming from, but with each subsequent generation, the launch date becomes older and older. My wife's grandmother got married at 17 and started having kids, as one did in pre WWII america. My mother got married at 21, as you did in the 70's. 80% of my friends, myself included, got married around 30.

I won't speculate on their finances, as we have no real information... just speculation.

I'll never again believe a word out of Nancy Grace's mouth. So I did learn something...and ABC inserting scenes shot by them as if they were the actual events. UGH.

I wasn't able to watch with me being in the UK. What scenes were added by ABC to make it look like they were what actually happened? What's the narrative that ABC are trying to push/portray here?

TIA (I feel out of the loop being a Brit and unable to view haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member