Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO

I feel like I hallucinated seeing (what could have been) an empty gun case in the trunk of the Mustang on the night that the Laundries reported BL missing to Northport Police. I remember only being able to see the inside of the lid, because the rest of the case was in the trunk. I've attached a photo of what I remember it looking like (with only the lid/egg crate foam visible, but around that size).

I can't find the footage of LE activity that night. Does anyone else remember them looking in the trunk, opening a case, closing it again, and then walking into the house? Does anyone know of a link for the footage of that night?

The reason I'm asking is that it would certainly make me lean toward gunshot wound as cause of death, and that would be consistent with a skull that wasn't intact. It would also suggest a reason for BL's parents to have been worried about and/or resigned to suicide, and their seeming level of certainty that he was in the preserve.

MOO
IMO.
You’re not hallucinating, but I recall the details differently. I’ve seen the footage twice. Once when it happened and once in the last couple of weeks. Some one here posted the link when it was being rehashed. My recollection is that several LEO were in the drive way, between the mustang and the road, the trunk was open at some point, it was evening/night and there were lots of lights and camera from the media pointed at LE. A LEO from the right of the screen approached a LEO kneeling in the driveway and handed him the case. The case did not come from the trunk, but from off screen. The kneeling LEO then opened the case. It was not empty but it did not contain a gun. It resembled a gun case but I don’t think it was. It looked to me like paperwork and electronics of some sort.
MOO

My son is 20 and I can tell you within an hour the last time I saw him.
And you didn’t even have a house full of LE activity and a missing STB DIL to help you remember when he walked away, ( instead of trying to help find her), to help you remember.
Why did BL walk 16+ miles to Colter Bay on or around August 28? I'm certain LE knows when he was there. Why didn't he drive? Was he afraid to be seen in the van without Gabby or was he worried that he had some type of evidence on his body that might transfer to the upholster (the covering for the driver seat is missing when the van gets home)? He didn't strike me as a person who was interested in actual forensics or human biology, so he might not have known when products of decomp could be smelled on a person or a thing (most people don't know that).

I figure he walked to Colter Bay to take a shower. I think he took Gabby's ATM card and used it there and that LE had that footage very early on. Now clean, he tries to hitchhike back, but is overly anxious, doesn't realize there's a road to Jackson that doesn't go by the campground turn-off, etc. Apparently he did not think to procure a cheap paper map at Colter Bay (NPS has them for about a dollar or a person can study one on the wall for free).

He may have disposed of some evidence at Colter Bay as well - such as the shirt or entire outfit he was wearing when he killed Gabby. He may also have spent the night of the 28th there, which accounts for the hitchhiking on the 29th. If the tent had indeed been put up (or taken out of the van), that has to be put back in the van - it's possible he did that before he left for Colter Bay, it's possible he hid Gabby in the tent for that period of time (because people do walk up and down the creek area, it's scenic).

Of course, he then had a real problem with decomp issues (so he may have discarded more clothing and perhaps that's why he eventually realizes he needs to get rid of the seat cover). He may have purchased brand new clothing at some point.

I do wonder if we'll ever know any of this for sure though - I'm thinking maybe not, not unless there's a "retired FBI agent" in the future who wants to write a book.
I’m sorry, I missed this. How is it known he walked to Colter Bay? How do they know he was there?

Me too.
Looking at the dates re these two warrants and lining them up with what else was going on at THIS WEEK may be of interest. I’m just trying to keep track of all the activity, in the world of he said/ she said, on which date.

Sept 14. -Date of warrant to search van.
-First date Ls gave of last time they saw BL. ( they later changed it to 9/13)
-Date Mustang is ticketed.

Sept 15. -Date of warrant to search hard
Drive.
-Date RL drove the Mustang back to house, even though Ls initially stated it was 9/16 until BE put up video proving them incorrect.

Sept 17.- Date warrant to search hard drive
filed by clerk (did SB get notice on
this date ?)
-Date Missing person for BL is finally filed.

So was there an additional warrant issued to Seize the van on Sept 11 ?

And has anyone seen anywhere, if the photo taken in the neighborhood of “BL” on 9/17 has been debunked? Has anyone come forward and said, “no, that was me” ? ? ?

Thank you for posting the exact locations of the info. This is what I was referencing. We have seen this warrant for the hard drive search. It does state the warrant to search the van was issued on 9/14, but is there a separate warrant to allow LE to seize the van on 9/11?
Do you have a link to the 9/14 warrant ? It may say something about van location and under what authority it was there?
Sorry, I have not been able to locate any other warrant issued in Florida for this case.

The dad.said he was.not there!
Could it be a.phone.call.received.thst.was threatening and the L's called.LE?
What if .... the L.'s called LE and said that Gabby's father had called and asked questions and they wanted him to stop calling them as it was not JP's business, in their opinion ?
Was it that simple ?
Still somewhat odd of the L.'s; if this was what occurred in the police incident --- when Gabby's parents were so worried .
Imo.

Some of the confusion with the timeline may be due to the early reporting -
NORTH PORT, Fla. - Gabby Petito’s father was involved in a "public service" incident at her fiancé Brian Laundrie’s home on Sept. 10, nine days after he returned to Florida without her from a cross-country road trip and a day before she was reported missing by her mother, according to heavily redacted police reports.

Nearly everything but the time and address is redacted due to the open investigation, but the documents do link Joseph Petito to a police response at the home where his daughter lived with Laundrie and his parents at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 10. They then returned twice on Sept. 11 for follow-up investigations.
Gabby Petito's dad linked to incident at Laundrie home evening before she was reported missing

There also was information given during the Dr Phil show that may not have a MSM link to back it up.
At one point JP said he told L's he was going to call the police. If that was on the 10th, maybe the welfare check was the public service call to L's to find out if G was there. (I have thought it was on the 11th that that happened, but logically I guess it would have been the first time police went to their house...to find out if G was there.) Maybe L's hadn't quite been muzzled, and said NO. While there , police see the van. And the ball starts rolling.??? If that's accurate, Why would L's not have retained SB for the case until late on the 11th? JMO

I think this is perhaps less about Gabby venturing out of the hotel room and more about who Gabby was with in the period of time BL was back in FL.

MOO

Do we know that she was with someone or is that only speculation? We know there was cause for concern prior to her being at the hotel. Who would that someone else be and why would that lead to her being strangled to death? Do you think it was not Brian, but someone else?

It's actually very hard to take your life using prescription meds. People often survive drug overdoses. I know someone who took all of their psych meds like the ones you mentioned and still made it. I've had several medical friends tell me that Tylenol (Acetaminophen) is what people often OD on. It damages the liver and can cause death fairly quickly. That was quite a surprise to me.

I have always thought he used a gun. I don't see it as wimpy; I see it as a fail safe to insure it worked.

MOO.
Interesting re. the Tylenol.
I've used it and consider it safe.
Although an OD would involve an entire bottle or more. :eek:

My money's on him using a gun.

I'm still not convinced he killed himself.
Imo.

And you didn’t even have a house full of LE activity and a missing STB DIL to help you remember when he walked away, ( instead of trying to help find her), to help you remember.

I’m sorry, I missed this. How is it known he walked to Colter Bay? How do they know he was there?
I guess he COULD have hitchhiked to Colter Bay, but he wouldn't have done that if he had evidence of his crime on him or with him. So, I think he did hike to CB. jmo.........and ditched any evidence, on the way.

Last edited:
Exactly. It gives us more context of her time without Brian.
It does? What is the source that Gabby went from SLC to Ogden (or anywhere else) while Brian was in FL? MSM and LE have been completely silent about the time Gabby spent at the hotel in SLC other than her dad saying he sent her a pizza? moo

Imo.
I'm not either.

Imo.
That's what I worry about. Even if they found a gun they'd have to have enough skull to definitively determine that it was shattered by gunshot. jmo

It does? What is the source that Gabby went from SLC to Ogden (or anywhere else) while Brian was in FL? MSM and LE have been completely silent about the time Gabby spent at the hotel in SLC other than her dad saying he sent her a pizza? moo

I think it is speculation based on community events that took place in Ogden while BL was still gone. But we have no idea when the Ogden pictures were taken (her final Instagram pictures). It's certainly possible she went there without BL, but it's equally possible she and BL went together later. It could even be both. Without being able to view the metadata on the Instagram pictures, we just don't know when they were taken. MOO

I think it is speculation based on community events that took place in Ogden while BL was still gone. But we have no idea when the Ogden pictures were taken (her final Instagram pictures). It's certainly possible she went there without BL, but it's equally possible she and BL went together later. It could even be both. Without being able to view the metadata on the Instagram pictures, we just don't know when they were taken. MOO
I see. Well I think we can rule out the Monarch Market. It is only held the second and last Saturdays of the month, which for August would have been the 8th and the 29th. moo

"Every second and last Saturday of the month from 11am – 3pm, come enjoy The Monarch Market, located inside The Monarch (455 25th Street) in downtown Ogden."

Monarch Market - Local Specialty Market - The Monarch

At one point JP said he told L's he was going to call the police. If that was on the 10th, maybe the welfare check was the public service call to L's to find out if G was there. (I have thought it was on the 11th that that happened, but logically I guess it would have been the first time police went to their house...to find out if G was there.) Maybe L's hadn't quite been muzzled, and said NO. While there , police see the van. And the ball starts rolling.??? If that's accurate, Why would L's not have retained SB for the case until late on the 11th? JMO
Also, NS said she KNEW that something was dreadfully wrong, when she learned that Brian was home in FLA with the van. jmo

I am wondering whether the L's were actually at home on the 10th and 11th. Didn't SB say that they were away that weekend? In any case the warrant states at para 9 that whoever answered the door to LE (it doesn't state what day) states that they did not know where GP was. They also refused LE to talk with Brian and directed LE to SB.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_w_hswXoAARzbL?format=jpg&name=900x900

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members