Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO we have only seen about 5% of what LE has.

Gabby was reported missing on the 11th. Brian was last seen alive on the 13th. The Laundries reported Brian missing on the 17th. That seems like a natural turn of events IMO, if you can call anything so macabre natural?

However, once Brian was reported missing, the world thought he might be on the Appalachian Trail, or in Mexico, or hiding in a fishing boat off the FL coast, but not LE. They just kept dredging that swamp. Also strange is the short break they took for a day to search the Laundries' house. Afterward, they returned to the Carlton Reserve and stayed there for weeks, cadaver dogs and all. Some piece of info we don't know about made LE spend money and time turning that park inside out. Who knows what it actually was, but it could have been a suicide note.
I agree, and I think there are probably also dozens upon dozens of images of her, the van, him... from security cameras, highway cameras, tourists at various parks, plus witnesses who came forward having seen them or the van, etc.

I think his parents knew he had suicided. They knew that when he didn't come home that evening. They knew him, so they just knew. And if there was a gun involved, they were even more certain. After 4 days, they had gotten to the next stage of dealing with the whole thing.

I think LE believed the parents. They certainly could have had other evidence as well (dogs picking up scent, some hint of cadaverine in the area, we don't know and may never know).

No. When someone is represented by counsel, and LE has been notified that they have representation, LE can not do this. They can engage in surveillance, but they can not approach a represented person for a chat without clearing it with that person’s attorney.

When did Mr. Bertolino notify NPPD that he was representing Brian?

I would absolutely love to see the Laundries sue the Petito family lawyer for slander. He made so many questionable claims against them.

Here's one:

"“Again,” the attorney said. “For the Laundries’ silence: The Laundries did not help us find Gabby. They sure [are] not going to help us find Brian. For Brian: We’re asking you to turn yourself in to the FBI or the nearest law enforcement agency.”"

False. Turns out the Laundries were fully cooperative in terms of finding Brian. So he lied.

Mr. Bertolino is the Family Attorney. I guess that means all in the Laundries family use him. He is based out of New York. I am not sure if he is approved to work in other states but he was never in court in Florida, just gave verbal help as I know it.

this article said SB has been representing BL since Gabby was missing, so imo he must have told LE around that time.
Who is Steven Bertolino, what has missing Brian Laundrie’s attorney said?

one of many sites that lost Bertolino as the family lawyer.
Everything we know about Brian Laundrie's lawyer Steven Bertolino

lawyer info
The East Islip Law Offices of Steven P. Bertolino, P.C.

I think his parents knew he had suicided. They knew that when he didn't come home that evening. They knew him, so they just knew. And if there was a gun involved, they were even more certain. After 4 days, they had gotten to the next stage of dealing with the whole thing.

I think LE believed the parents. They certainly could have had other evidence as well (dogs picking up scent, some hint of cadaverine in the area, we don't know and may never know).
Likely why they retrieved his car? I do find it odd that they did that IF they thought he might still be alive. I just know I'd be ticked off had I gone hiking for a few days to find *my car not where I left it. The fact they retrieved his car has puzzled me for a while. That is, if they thought he was still alive. Otherwise, it makes sense.

ETA *or the car I drove, parked, and found missing when I returned.

Per the timeline, no discussion thread:

Sept 17- LE at BL home - he is declared missing by his parents as of Tuesday

Parents admit driving the mustang back home after finding it at the preserve

Last edited:
I would absolutely love to see the Laundries sue the Petito family lawyer for slander. He made so many questionable claims against them.

Here's one:

"“Again,” the attorney said. “For the Laundries’ silence: The Laundries did not help us find Gabby. They sure [are] not going to help us find Brian. For Brian: We’re asking you to turn yourself in to the FBI or the nearest law enforcement agency.”"

False. Turns out the Laundries were fully cooperative in terms of finding Brian. So he lied.
How long was it before Laundries helped LE find Brain, how much misery did it cause Gabby's family, how much money did it cost tax payers, how much more work was it for LE? Too little, too soon!

It was only a 5 mile walk, through a residential area, should BL have decided to return to the family home.

And it's not at all clear that the Mustang was his car. I believe the Laundries expected him to come home later on the same day that he left, and were likely already concerned about suicide if he did not.

Likely why they retrieved his car? I do find it odd that they did that IF they thought he might still be alive. I just know I'd be ticked off had I gone hiking for a few days to find *my car not where I left it. The fact they retrieved his car has puzzled me for a while. That is, if they thought he was still alive. Otherwise, it makes sense.

ETA *or the car I drove, parked, and found missing when I returned.

Per the timeline, no discussion thread:

Sept 17- LE at BL home - he is declared missing by his parents as of Tuesday

Parents admit driving the mustang back home after finding it at the preserve

It was parked in a spot that didn't allow overnight parking. It had a warning stating as much. Parents took their car so it wouldn't get towed.

How long was it before Laundries helped LE find Brain, how much misery did it cause Gabby's family, how much money did it cost tax payers, how much more work was it for LE? Too little, too soon!

My understanding is that the Laundrie's told the police early on where they should look for Brian. All the extra work and dollars spent was largely if not entirely due to police mishaps and mistakes. And really, the Laundries did more than help police find Brian, they led them to the exact spot they had earlier directed police.

A while back a websleuther put together a map of BL’s possible route from spread creek to colter bay. I’ve lost track of it. Can anyone give me a link or remember which member did this?

Here's one:

that's your opinion

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
A reminder ...

It's been posted numerous times by Moderators that mental health discussion / diagnosing is off limits and that is set out in the thread parameters in the opening posts of this discussion.

maybe. but i remember that SB put out a statement supposedly from the laundries that said something to the effect that mom and dad think brian is still alive and at the park several days after they reported him missing.

Here's one:

That's easily opinion.

And "fully" is not at all clear, at least not based in anything posed in all of the threads on this site.

It was only a 5 mile walk, through a residential area, should BL have decided to return to the family home.

And it's not at all clear that the Mustang was his car. I believe the Laundries expected him to come home later on the same day that he left, and were likely already concerned about suicide if he did not.

Odd that parents suspecting suicide would be concerned about getting the car at that moment in time. Or that they didn't go to LE at that same time saying " we think he has killed or will kill himself please help us."

I know they said they spent many hours on the 13th (iirc) looking for him - but did they not ask for LE help, raise the public alarm? Instead call it a day for searching then made sure to get the car?

Not evil, just a seemingly curiously flat response to the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1