Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but I've seen DIY bleach jobs that looked every bit as professional as GP's. (My partner's for one.) In truth, we don't know. I tend to think she did it herself when they got a hotel room for the night. That's a total guess too, just like going to the salon is a guess.

Definitely. I never said it was anything but my opinion. And another way unknown DNA could have been transferred to her clothes.
JMO

By leaving, he hoped to take the publicity with him. I don’t think he imagined things would turn out as they did with the media camped outside for weeks, demonstrations, individuals shouting stuff at the house, a memorial for Gabby on the lawn and Doug the Bounty hunter. None of us predicted this.
Brain was gone before the huge circus descended on their house.

But then they can go back to their being stopped and her admitting she struck Brian
Abs the scratches he had on him!
It’s all such a crazy trail of happenings abs I’m not so sure we have a clear picture of what led to their demise!
We may never know!
Here's what we do know:
1. Gabby died BEFORE Brian, close to where her van was parked.
2. Brian took the van and her debit card and used both AFTER her death.
3. Both their phones went missing AFTER Gabby died and BEFORE Brian disappeared.
4. Brian ran home to Mommy & Daddy to fix everything for him and when they couldn't, he disappeared and then committed suicide

So I have a really clear picture of what happened. Super clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
But we aren't talking about mixing up & pouring on a one step dye. Lightening blonde hair does require some skill to avoid all kinds of mishaps. GP's hair looked like a pro job, not a "do it in the bathroom at a campground" job to me. There is at least one picture where the back of her head appeared undone (the one where she's walking with her Petito half-brothers) but the mid-trip color refresh looked professional.

JMO
I'm not sure where you are getting your information, but I have friends who have hair exactly like Gabby's who do their own color. Multiple friends. It's not that hard.

I also think it's possible that hiking in the desert in the summer could dramatically lighten your hair. My hair definitely changes color in the summer just from being outside and I'm not in places without shade.

I take SBs statements with a salt block. IMO he’s a clever little wordsmith, but he has often stumbled. That back and forth with AB about “mentioned” vs “reported” BL missing to the FBI was worthy of of “who’s on first” laughter.
He doesn’t mention where BL was located during the phone call, what phone was used, or if the Sept 13 conversation was at
12:01 AM…and if BL left after the call he might have considered it “that evening” but of the 12th .

I hear you on the salt block.

FWIW, I recall SB saying (in a different and I think earlier interview) ‘he was at home, with his parents’ in reference to the phone convo with BL on the 13th.

Moo for now. But when I have a chance I will look for the quote and post it if I find it.

I didn’t find the quote, yet. But in the meantime, I compiled the SB media tour for easy reference.
If any one sees any mistakes, has any additions, or can link me to fox or mahsa interview, please let me know (ASAP, preferably, so that I can edit the post)

post forthcoming…

ETA- quote is not in Marni interview

SB ‘MEDIA TOUR’ COMPILED

Oct 20 CNN, Cuomo Prime Time, phone interview with Chris Cuomo
https://twitter.com/cuomoprimetime/status/1450995282062229506

Oct 21 NBC News Now
Full interview: Laundrie family attorney speaks out on remains identified as Brian

Oct 21 News Nation Prime, with Marni
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/wy-gabrielle-‘gabby’-petito-22-grand-teton-national-park-8-25-21-media-maps-no-discussion.586401/page-46#post-17218081

Oct 21 abc7ny, with Kristin Thorne
Full Interview: Laundrie family attorney Steve Bertolino discusses

Oct 22 gma, with George Stephanopoulos
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/wy-gabrielle-‘gabby’-petito-22-grand-teton-national-park-8-25-21-media-maps-no-discussion.586401/page-47#post-17219217

Oct 22 Fox News

I’m so sure he did Fox News, might have been Fox News Digital, I can’t recall if he interviewed with a male or maybe Steph Pagones? Anybody have a link for this one?

Oct 22 east Idaho news
'A bad state of mind': What the last conversation Brian Laundrie had with his parents was like - East Idaho News

Oct 22 News Nation, Ashleigh Banfield
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/wy-gabrielle-‘gabby’-petito-22-grand-teton-national-park-8-25-21-media-maps-no-discussion.586401/page-47#post-17223210

wfla 8 on your side, with Mahsa Saeidi ?

Am I making this one up?

shout out and many thanks to @PommyMommy for being the queen of news links!

True, we don't know what they were planning. But you can tell a lot from the evolution of her Instagram. Initially I really believe she just wanted to post pictures of herself on Instagram, maybe do some modeling type of thing. (I did some reading about this last night and how the pressure of social media causes so much anxiety in young people, going after "likes" and approval on SM. It can be crushing).

Link to one article: Social Media Narcissism in Young Adults

Maybe she wanted to be an Instagram model, she sure did some of that with certain outfits - you can see that on her Insta account - and then I believe that she and Brian talked about their future plans, and decided they had some goals that lined up (organic farming or other nontraditional ways of living out West) but she stated in public they wanted to just "travel full time" (her Youtube account) and maybe thought later that they could monetize it. But the issue of money was probably causing strife between them, how best to do it, so Gabby started to portray herself as more of an athletic outdoorsy person - a hiker, (she describes herself that way in some of her Instagram posts at Arches in 2021).

It was the info under her Youtube video in August where she posted that she wanted to travel full time. Well, you need money to do that. I just think that question of how to get money was a source of tension between them, and that they really didn't have a clear plan for business or making money when they started their trip.

They were not getting any monetization of their trip even at the point where it ended, with her being killed. From what we can find online, they had online shops. BL sold his "art" and Gabby sold clothes and accessories and things. That does not bring in enough money to fund traveling either. (You can still see the prices online in their shops). I think the parents were probably at the point where they wanted these two to cut loose from being so financial dependent on them. I know from experience how much friction money can cause in a relationship - a lot!

JMO but their lack of a good plan to make money might have had a lot to do with their escalating arguments.

MOO
Good points, @Shellinaya.
Maybe that's why a delay or cancellation (if there were indeed either) of the wedding was discussed. Possibly one wanted to go one way with their plans and the other wanted t go another way. Then IT happened, if it happened.

If his mom abs dad thought he was suicidal they would have called LE that night!
I don’t think they knew what had happened!
They knew he was upset!
Jmo

bbm
And he surely did not tell them.
I think he may have feigned being upset when he got home, and then after sleeping in his own bed, being pampered a bit, eating mom's food, and getting some rest, he may have wondered what would come next.
I feel sure there were questions about Gabby -- that was probably pretty tuff stuff for him to handle. I mean what do you say??

IMO, he didn't want to be at home for what might come next, so he took off on the next camping trip, but he kept this one close to home.

Here's what we do know:
1. Gabby died BEFORE Brian, close to where her van was parked.
2. Brian took the van and her debit card and used both AFTER her death.
3. Both their phones went missing AFTER Gabby died and BEFORE Brian disappeared.
4. Brian ran home to Mommy & Daddy to fix everything for him and when they couldn't, he disappeared and then committed suicide

So I have a really clear picture of what happened. Super clear.
I agree, but with a slight change of wording…
“4. Brian ran home to Mommy & Daddy to fix everything for him. But they decided to call their lawyer instead of LE and according to them, followed his advice not to come forward and speak honestly with LE and instead, told him to run away and hide. After that disastrous advice didn’t work, he <modsnipped to read the following> committed suicide . IMO

I agree, but with a slight change of wording…
“4. Brian ran home to Mommy & Daddy to fix everything for him. But they decided to call their lawyer instead of LE and according to them, followed his advice not to come forward and speak honestly with LE and instead, told him to run away and hide. After that disastrous advice didn’t work, he committed suicide. IMO

We have no evidence the attorney told BL to "run away." Unless you have a link? <modsnip>
JMO

They were boyfriend and girlfriend. It's an absolute given that each will have the DNA of the other on them, especially when they were living together and sleeping together in such a confined space.

DNA under Gabby's nails wouldn't prove that BL killed her. It could prove they'd had another fight at some point prior to her death, where she had scratched him (as shown on the police body cam footage). I don't believe the DNA of one intimate partner on another definitively proves guilt, and BL's DNA under Gabby's fingernails would only prove that she had scratched him, not that he had killed her.

MOO
True, his DNA under her nails won't prove he killed her but his fingerprint DNA on her neck where he strangled her will.

I'm not sure where you are getting your information, but I have friends who have hair exactly like Gabby's who do their own color. Multiple friends. It's not that hard.
I also think it's possible that hiking in the desert in the summer could dramatically lighten your hair. My hair definitely changes color in the summer just from being outside and I'm not in places without shade.

bbm
Agree. All Gabby had to do was take one or two treatments with her and wash it in, sit for a while, wash it out, and it's done. A couple of my friends have done it for years. No biggie. And they look great.

True, his DNA under her nails won't prove he killed her but his fingerprint DNA on her neck where he strangled her will.

I'd be quite surprised to hear there was "fingerprint DNA" on a body left outside for weeks. But we'll see. I also think the presence of BL's DNA anywhere on her body, including her neck, can be explained by other means.
JMO

We have no evidence the attorney told BL to "run away." Unless you have a link? Also we don't know at this point whether BL <modsnip> committed suicide
JMO
Okay, I mean this in the nicest possible way, but you seem to dismiss evidence that Brian is a murderer even when there are links and multiple sources and instead go out of your way to give him the benefit of the doubt, which is your prerogative.

But I am very honestly curious about what would settle it for you. What evidence would convince you that BL killed Gabby? I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from.

Okay, I mean this in the nicest possible way, but you seem to dismiss evidence that Brian is a murderer even when there are links and multiple sources and instead go out of your way to give him the benefit of the doubt, which is your prerogative.

But I am very honestly curious about what would settle it for you. What evidence would convince you that BL killed Gabby? I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from.

I'm looking for reasons to be convinced beyond a reasonable doubt and at this point, I don't have those. I realize WS isn't court, but for me, before I call someone a murderer, I'd like to have juror-level certainty or at least something close to that based on evidence.

I've read many posts that seem to be saying Fact X will absolutely prove BL's guilt and for me, the things mentioned haven't been all that persuasive. If a certain outcome occurs (and many outcomes put forth here are merely speculative) and there are two plausible ways to interpret that outcome with one meaning he killed her and one meaning he didn't, I'd give anyone the benefit of the doubt under those circumstances. Others may prefer to assume guilt as their default position (whether it's BL, the attorney, or the L's actions under discussion) That's fine on WS (but obviously not on a jury!) For example, BL's DNA. They lived together in a tiny space. They slept together in a tent. It's likely they washed their clothes less often than when they lived in the parents' condo or house. They showered less often than when they lived in a condo or house, I'm sure. Of course, they'd have each other's DNA on their bodies.

Other posts have maintained a lack of foreign DNA on GP would prove BL did it. Well, no, not really.

Perhaps if the FBI releases additional evidence I'll be convinced. But not at this point. I'm not saying BL didn't do it. Just that I need more to be sure he did.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member