Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I've missed it, but is there actual evidence that the Laundries knew Brian killed Gabby? tia
I believe that has not been shared yet. If this goes to trial then everything that the Petito's are claiming will have to be proven. They also stated that the L's were planning on helping BL leave the country. That will need to be proven too. At least that's my take on it.

So Laundries did not appear in person?
Nope. The judge didn't either.
Twelfth Judicial Circuit Court Judge Hunter W. Carroll was present through Zoom, citing court quarantine protocols as to why he wasn't physically in the South County courtroom near Venice.

1. As you can see I edited my post with in seconds "Laundries failed to turn up for the hearing?"

2. Laundries failing to turn up at the hearing is far different than the Judge attending on zoom.

This will be very interesting how this plays out when the Judge rules.

"Christopher Laundrie and Roberta Laundrie exhibited extreme and outrageous conduct which constitutes behavior, under the circumstances, which goes beyond all possible bounds of decency and is regarded as shocking, atrocious, and utterly intolerable in a civilized community," the lawsuit alleges. "As a direct and proximate result of the willfulness and maliciousness of Christopher Laundrie and Roberta Laundrie, Joseph Petito and Nichole Schmidt had been caused to suffer pain and suffering, mental anguish, inconvenience, loss of capacity for enjoyment of life experienced in the past and to be experienced in the future."

I believe the Judge illuded to Covid protocol? Maybe he has it, I have no idea"

And although to me personally the L's should have attended, I get why they didn't. It wasn't a requirement and they have opted to not help Gabby's family get any answers in any way. JMO they clearly didn't care about her one bit.

And although to me personally the L's should have attended, I get why they didn't. It wasn't a requirement and they have opted to not help Gabby's family get any answers in any way. JMO they clearly didn't care about her one bit.

What would have been accomplished by their presence at this hearing?

What if they don't have any answers?

Maybe the Laundrie's don't have the answers that Gabby's parents seek. And if they did I'm not sure how knowing the exact time Gabby died will help at this point.

In my opinion this civil case is about Gabby's parents punishing the Laundrie's because their son killed their daughter. JMO.

I wonder if this lawsuit is the Petito/Schmidt family's way of getting the Laundries' phone texts subpoenaed. The Laundries obviously aren't going to give them information about those first few days following Gabby's death willingly, but I'll bet there's text messages and phone records that speak volumes.

This is my own opinion but, being present can accomplish much. <modsnip>

Sometimes "being present" teaches you that you sometimes should do things you dont like for the greater good. moo

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if this lawsuit is the Petito/Schmidt family's way of getting the Laundries' phone texts subpoenaed. The Laundries obviously aren't going to give them information about those first few days following Gabby's death willingly, but I'll bet there's text messages and phone records that speak volumes.
What could the plaintiff's get from text messages? BL admitting he killed GP? We already know that.

I don't think that the Laundrie's had a duty to report. JMO.

Yes exactly...

Communication with our loved ones is the most important aspect of one’s life. With the invention of gadgets like our cell phones, our lives have become much easier. (Well sometimes. Lol!!)

We can now send text messages to other people and share our day to day lives with them.

Sometimes only a mere text message speaks volumes that can easily shock other people.

We all need someone to talk to and we can’t always directly tell another person what’s wrong, so sending them text messages that will be able to speak volumes and easily let the person know what we are trying to tell them.

"Nobody in the Laundrie family notified Gabby's parents that she was missing, or that Brian had left their daughter behind, even though the Laundries retained an attorney the day after Brian returned. (The date the Laundries retained an attorney is a key detail in Joseph and Nichole's lawsuit, since it aligns with their theory that Brian's family knew about her murder from the beginning and withheld vital information.)"

Maybe the Laundrie's don't have the answers that Gabby's parents seek. And if they did I'm not sure how knowing the exact time Gabby died will help at this point.

In my opinion this civil case is about Gabby's parents punishing the Laundrie's because their son killed their daughter. JMO.
And by the same token, what if they do have answers? All they have had to do is say they didn't know where she was or what happened - they haven't. Why?? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NNT1