Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to one of the official documents (I apologize for not having a link), G had T-Mobile.
Which document? I've searched but I haven't found anything yet.

This is so strange and so sad. I can’t pretend to know what it’s like to carry someone so far in wet and freezing conditions but imagine taking a short break to rest and continue towards the vehicle would have been something he could have physically done. If this is the truth. Who knows if he really told the truth in his final moments.
I know... I wonder if she broke her neck and was paralyzed. I'm thinking she could have tried to stand up, leaning on him, rather than him claiming to try to carry her. Maybe she couldn't stand. That amount of pain could come from a broken neck. But would the autopsy have been more explicit other than blunt force trauma to the head and neck?

So, he doesn't say he killed her. Instead he was being benevolent and "took away her pain". Insert huge eyeroll emoji.

“I ended her life,” the note reads. “I thought it was merciful, that it is what she wanted, but I see now all the mistakes I made. I panicked. I was in shock. But from the moment I decided, took away her pain, I knew I couldn’t go on without her.”

If BL confessed to his parents that he killed GP why did he feel it necessary to do it again in his notebook?
There are different therapists/counselors that suggest journaling even after confiding in them or others.

With Brian used to writing in his notebook, moo is, even after confiding in his parents, it stands to reason he would want to "write" in his journal...

Again moo, but, writing in his notebook could serve some explanatory purpose and may have a therapeutic role in helping the surviving relatives to understand his suicide...

This is so strange and so sad. I can’t pretend to know what it’s like to carry someone so far in wet and freezing conditions but imagine taking a short break to rest and continue towards the vehicle would have been something he could have physically done. If this is the truth. Who knows if he really told the truth in his final moments.
I think he just made up a story that would explain the injuries he knew would be found by the coroner.

So it appears that the Laundries were given the notebook as their property during the meeting today with FBI and the two families' lawyers. It appears this way since it is the Laundrie's attorney that released BL's notebook to the media.

Although Bertolino said that he was releasing the notebook in the interest of transparency, I wonder if he released it with the view that it contained exculpatory evidence for his clients regarding the civil lawsuit, in his opinion.

Bl wasn't a fugitive at that time and the question of whether the Laundrie's had a duty to report remains. Their lawyer said yesterday that they didn't have a duty to report. I guess we will see when this goes to trial. JMO.
Not sure on the fugitive part tho.

A fugitive is a person that intentionally fled a jurisdiction or state where that person was charged with a crime, is expecting to be arrested, or was convicted of a crime and is awaiting sentencing or punishment.

Once he choked her, moo is, he very much was expecting to be arrested. Guilt.

So it appears that the Laundries were given the notebook as their property during the meeting today with FBI and the two families' lawyers. It appears this way since it is the Laundrie's attorney that released BL's notebook to the media.

Although Bertolino said that he was releasing the notebook in the interest of transparency, I wonder if he released it with the view that it contained exculpatory evidence for his clients regarding the civil lawsuit, in his opinion.
Absolutely! Although I could see the Petito's arguing that Brian still may have told his parents everything initially, but that he realized it'd be in their words only, he-said, she-said, and that they could be accused of lying, embellishing, etc., so perhaps Brian felt he had to put it in writing to attempt to absolve them, assuming he never told them details.

Absolutely! Although I could see the Petito's arguing that Brian still may have told his parents everything initially, but that he realized it'd be in their words only, he-said, she-said, and that they could be accused of lying, embellishing, etc., so perhaps Brian felt he had to put it in writing to attempt to absolve them, assuming he never told them details.
Even his wording is confusing. He says his family is in shock and grief, which makes it sound like they likely knew GP was dead before he left (as in at the time of his writing the letter). Then again, he speaks in that same present tense about them losing their son (him), which sounds like his intention was for the letter to be found at a future date and then read in present tense. What a mess.

@BrianEntin

I've been to the spot where Gabby was killed. It's right next to the creek Laundrie referenced in his letter- and the creek is next to where van was parked. The van was right there. If she was really hurt- why not take her to a hospital? Or call someone? I had cell service there.

12:56 PM · Jun 24, 2022
Thats not correct though is it? I thought the van was parked up on the side of the road?

Oh brother! He thinks he did the merciful thing by putting her out of her misery?? Why not put her in the van and turn on the heater?

He was totally koo koo, imo.

Ok, I'm replying to my own post because I was wrong. There wasn't an option of putting Gabby in a heated truck to treat her hypothermia. Because his entire note is fiction. He killed her and drove away in her van.

Even his wording is confusing. He says his family is in shock and grief, which makes it sound like they likely knew GP was dead before he left (as in at the time of his writing the letter). Then again, he speaks in that same present tense about them losing their son (him), which sounds like his intention was for the letter to be found at a future date and then read in present tense. What a mess.
I picked up on the tense, too. Given how distraught he probably was, we probably shouldn't read too much into some details like that, although it's certainly hard not to. I wonder how much the Moab incident played into his paniced thinking prior to him ending her life. Did he think no one would believe him that perhaps she really did fall innocently while running in the dark and hit her head on a rock in the creek? So part of him felt he was damned either way?

Just so sad. I wish both families could live in peace and of course I also wish both "kids" were still alive. Funny, as they weren't kids, but they were barely adults and both looked so young that I have to remind myself they were not minors in all of this.

Not sure on the fugitive part tho.

A fugitive is a person that intentionally fled a jurisdiction or state where that person was charged with a crime, is expecting to be arrested, or was convicted of a crime and is awaiting sentencing or punishment.

Once he choked her, moo is, he very much was expecting to be arrested. Guilt.
But for a charge of "harboring a fugitive" I'm not sure it matters what the "fugitive" thinks or expects, does it?

Sounds to me like he did what he'd done before -- choked her to silence her. But this time, she passed out and that's when he panicked. Death rattle. So he found a boulder.

He. Killed. Gabby. Starting with domestic violence and ending when he brought the full weight of his might down on her tender skull. There's no polite way to say that.

Ending someone's pain that you caused -- that's not merciful. That's murder.

So, so, so sorry Gabby.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members