Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #85

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Petito lawyer states:

"I find it ironic that Mr. Bertolino says he was, in full transparency, releasing this. Well, someone should ask him why he doesn’t release the entire notebook – but more importantly, ask him why he doesn’t release Roberta Laundrie’s letter to her son,” Reilly said."

I think that they had an argument, she decided to go back to the van, he went after her and it became an increasingly violent altercation. In a fit of rage, he slammed her head against a rock, threw a rock at her and hit her head, or perhaps pushed her and caused her to hit her head. Suffering from serious blunt force trauma, she needed medical attention. I think at that point, he sat for a while and pondered his next steps. Option 1 would have been to seek help for her, but then there would be questions and the Moab incident would raise even more questions when LE put it together. He would be looking at an assault or attempted murder charge and he'd be in even deeper trouble because it would be evident that she was injured as a result of domestic violence. Option 2 would be to kill her so she couldn't talk or in the hopes that there wouldn't be an investigation and arrest. He chose Option 2, thinking that he could either definitely get arrested or he could take the odds that her body wouldn't be found or that he could successfully concoct a story that would be believable.

Gabby's stepfather seemed to know that they had been in front of a fire, so maybe they were by the stream in front of a campfire -- perhaps planning to camp there -- when BL erupted into violence.

MOO
When I learned that she was found in a rocky place, I also suspected there was some type of fight and he pushed her and she fell against a rock. I suspect he than acted in the irrational manner described in his "confession". I believe there is some truth in his account, but a lot of spin is present.

Her autopsy report reflects blunt force trauma to the head, which correlates to his account. It would be interesting to know the details of her autopsy (what type of head injury? were there rib fractures?).

I doubt he told this bizarre story to his parents. There is probably some truth in his statement, but also a lot of falsehood. There is little doubt that he caused her death, but my gut feeling is that he did not intend to murder her, at least initially.

I think that they had an argument, she decided to go back to the van, he went after her and it became an increasingly violent altercation. In a fit of rage, he slammed her head against a rock, threw a rock at her and hit her head, or perhaps pushed her and caused her to hit her head. Suffering from serious blunt force trauma, she needed medical attention. I think at that point, he sat for a while and pondered his next steps. Option 1 would have been to seek help for her, but then there would be questions and the Moab incident would raise even more questions when LE put it together. He would be looking at an assault or attempted murder charge and he'd be in even deeper trouble because it would be evident that she was injured as a result of domestic violence. Option 2 would be to kill her so she couldn't talk or in the hopes that there wouldn't be an investigation and arrest. He chose Option 2, thinking that he could either definitely get arrested or he could take the odds that her body wouldn't be found or that he could successfully concoct a story that would be believable.

Gabby's stepfather seemed to know that they had been in front of a fire, so maybe they were by the stream in front of a campfire -- perhaps planning to camp there -- when BL erupted into violence.

MOO
This played into his story that "he was trying to put her out of her pain"....if he had seriously injured her and knew that getting her medical help would eventually implicate him.
What a coward he was.

JMO

Earlier someone asked for a link to the blunt force trauma.

I can't believe I'm back, I thought this tragic case was thoroughly settled. Here to ask about not about Brian's notebook, but the reported letter Roberta wrote to BL. What are people's thoughts? There's vague mention of her making an "offer." (I'm referring to the interview today on JB Biunno on WFLA w Pat Reilly). It's so strange!

According to the Petito's lawyer, it's 1) reportedly NOT about offering to help him leave the country, which has been widely speculated in the past. 2) Nor is it reportedly about helping him kill himself.

The only thing I can think of is she offered to take the blame??? This is pure speculation on my part. I just can't imagine what other options exist. Wondering what everyone else thinks.

And, hi again, everyone who cares about justice & truth in this case, & who hopes Gabby with all her dreams can rest in peace <3

Last edited:
Petito lawyer states:

"I find it ironic that Mr. Bertolino says he was, in full transparency, releasing this. Well, someone should ask him why he doesn’t release the entire notebook – but more importantly, ask him why he doesn’t release Roberta Laundrie’s letter to her son,” Reilly said."

Nailed it!

I can't believe I'm back, I thought this tragic case was thoroughly settled. Here to ask about not about Brian's notebook, but the reported letter Roberta wrote to BL. What are people's thoughts? There's vague mention of her making an "offer." (I'm referring to the interview today on JB Biunno on WFLA w Pat Reilly) It's so strange. According to the Petito's lawyer, it's reportedly NOT about offering to help him leave the country, which has been widely speculated in the past. Nor is to be about helping him kill himself. The only thing I can think of is she offered to take the blame??? This is pure speculation. Wondering what everyone else thinks. And, hi everyone again who cares about justice & truth in this case <3
Could of been (just me speculating) her offering up the lawyer (friend ) in NY. But then BL would only need a lawyer if he was involved in GP’s demise.
Does anyone think the FBI release of these documents will get the attention of the judge ruling on the law suit?
The timing is incredible.

MOO

When I learned that she was found in a rocky place, I also suspected there was some type of fight and he pushed her and she fell against a rock. I suspect he than acted in the irrational manner described in his "confession". I believe there is some truth in his account, but a lot of spin is present.

Her autopsy report reflects blunt force trauma to the head, which correlates to his account. It would be interesting to know the details of her autopsy (what type of head injury? were there rib fractures?).

I doubt he told this bizarre story to his parents. There is probably some truth in his statement, but also a lot of falsehood. There is little doubt that he caused her death, but my gut feeling is that he did not intend to murder her, at least initially.
It's also possible that he picked up a rock and bashed her on the head. Her body was probably too decomposed to identify other injuries like scrapes and cuts if she had fallen.

Gabby's parents will likely never know what truly happened to their daughter. They must be furious after seeing that letter! All it does is describe how she suffered. I'm sure they could care less about his apology and his "love" for them.

I don't think Brian knew what love was. It was more like obsession.

In the beginning when they got engaged, he posted on social media how lucky he was, that he was so happy to be with Gabby and was afraid of waking up and it would all be a dream. Then he wrote, "Until death do we part."

I think there is some truth to his not wanting to live without her. Only he thought of her as his possession. He "loved" her as long as he could control her. Jmo

Now with this information about Raberta's letter to Brian. Petito's lawyer Riley said there is no date on the letter, but it appears that the letter was written within the time that Petito was murdered and Brian Laundrie committed suicide.

I want to go back to Brian's suicide letter...
"I’m sorry to everyone this will affect, Gabby was the love of my life, but I know [adored] by many. I’m so very sorry to her family because I love them. I’d consider her younger siblings my best of friends… I am sorry to my family, this is a shock to them as well a terrible grief.”

I am not ready to let Laundrie's parent off the hook. Litigation is not over.
This going to go to trial. moo

I can't believe I'm back, I thought this tragic case was thoroughly settled. Here to ask about not about Brian's notebook, but the reported letter Roberta wrote to BL. What are people's thoughts? There's vague mention of her making an "offer." (I'm referring to the interview today on JB Biunno on WFLA w Pat Reilly). It's so strange!

According to the Petito's lawyer, it's 1) reportedly NOT about offering to help him leave the country, which has been widely speculated in the past. 2) Nor is it reportedly about helping him kill himself.

The only thing I can think of is she offered to take the blame??? This is pure speculation on my part. I just can't imagine what other options exist. Wondering what everyone else thinks.

And, hi again, everyone who cares about justice & truth in this case, & who hopes Gabby with all her dreams can rest in peace <3
Interesting Riley said there was an "offer in the letter" that had to do with Gabby, but he declined to comment further.

Interesting Riley said there was an "offer in the letter" that had to do with Gabby, but he declined to comment further.

Yes, this is what I can't figure out/get over!! What do you think it *might* mean?

Yes, this is what I can't figure out/get over!! What do you think it *might* mean?
My husband and I were talking about this. We wondered if she was offering to take the blame...or maybe offering to go stage the scene better...or maybe even offering to retrieve her body and hide it.
It could be many scenarios.

My husband and I were talking about this. We wondered if she was offering to take the blame...or maybe offering to go stage the scene better...or maybe even offering to retrieve her body and hide it.
It could be many scenarios.
My immediate thought was to take the blame, but you're right--there's other scenarios, e.g., "tell me where the body is & I'll hide it where no one will find it" or something?! I personally never saw any of these types of things entering the picture.

Brian blamed Gabby for everything and poor Gabby took on that blame. We all saw what happened when they were stopped by police.

If you really read that confession and pull apart the words Gabby is responsible for her own death or so Brian is telling us although covertly.

She fell
She hit her head
She got cold
She was in pain
She wanted the pain to stop
Gabby put them in this predicament
It was Gabby’s fault

So, at Gabby’s insistence, he mercifuly killed her to end her pain. It was Gabby’s fault that he made a mistake. Gabby made him do it.

That letter was no mea culpe. It was shifting blame to Gabby to make himself look like a hero, a big man, when in fact he showed us exactly who he was: a narcissistic lying abuser who murdered his fiancé and only feels sorry for himself in the end.

MOO
You nailed it!

E
How is this reconciled?

and two sentences later:

Also, there's a huge gap between begging for pain to end and asking for death.

How is this reconciled?

and two sentences later:

Also, there's a huge gap between begging for pain to end and asking for death.
Exactly. I've broken my ankle (both bones) and been through Labor. Both extremely painful, but not to the point of wanting death.

Last edited:
My immediate thought was to take the blame, but you're right--there's other scenarios, e.g., "tell me where the body is & I'll hide it where no one will find it" or something?! I personally never saw any of these types of things entering the picture.
Also just for fun I looked to see if there was a song entitled burn after reading or a sit com or a movie/video.

I found a movie. Interestingly there is cosmetic surgery involved in the movie.
Just a thought...

Also just for fun I looked to see if there was a song entitled burn after reading or a sit com or a movie/video.

I found a movie. Interestingly there is cosmetic surgery involved in the movie.
Just a thought...
"Burn after reading" is VERY 007 (James Bond), it's a super movie spy thing... a weird & corny thing for a mom write to a son, imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lexus24