Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
If there was digital or phone evidence that BL killed GP on Aug. 27 and told his parents before even coming home to FL, then why did the FBI not include a date of death in their final statement?

FBI Denver Provides Final Investigative Update on Gabrielle Petito Case | Federal Bureau of Investigation

And if they knew, why were the Ls not charged with harboring a suspect or fugitive? After all, there was a warrant out for BL in relation to him using her debit cards.

Harboring of a Fugitive Charges in Florida

Under both state and federal law, a person who knowingly hides a wanted criminal from law enforcement can be charged with harboring a fugitive. Specifically, harboring a fugitive occurs when an individual helps another person who is suspected of or has been convicted of committing a crime escape from being arrested or facing punishment. The law is also applicable when a person aids in hiding a person who escaped from prison.

While the person who is accused of harboring a fugitive may not have been involved in committing the underlying crime, protecting those who have warrants for their arrest can result in serious consequences on both the state and federal level.
He was not a wanted criminal until after he went missing, so I am not sure that Harboring would fit here. I agree though, if there is evidence the FBI has it and seeing as the L's have not been charged, it seems likely that the FBI does not have that evidence.

I am wondering if the FBI encouraged th P's to take this action to get the answers the FBI could not. Is that possible?

He was not a wanted criminal until after he went missing, so I am not sure that Harboring would fit here. I agree though, if there is evidence the FBI has it and seeing as the L's have not been charged, it seems likely that the FBI does not have that evidence.

I am wondering if the FBI encouraged th P's to take this action to get the answers the FBI could not. Is that possible?
You're right, I guess his warrant wasn't issued until after he was missing. I had that wrong. Thank you!

I'm sure the FBI got a search warrant for all phone records of the Laundrie's when they were searching for BL. JMO.

I'm sure the FBI got a search warrant for all phone records of the Laundrie's when they were searching for BL. JMO.
Yes, I am sure that the FBI have the call information. They may even has evidence that B did call his parents before he made his way home, however, they will not know what was said during that call. I think it is this that the P's will try and claim that the call involved Brian telling his parents that he had killed Gabby and that is why they retained the lawyer

I guess anything is possible but I honestly doubt the FBI is hot to indict the L's. And I'm not sure what could come out of the civil trial that would make the FBI anxious to act. In terms of criminal activity that threatens our society, even if the L's did try to help their son in ways that were not legal (personally I doubt it because I don't think BL confessed to them), that's hardly likely to mean they pose a future danger. They didn't kill GP, after all. But that's just my opinion.

I guess anything is possible but I honestly doubt the FBI is hot to indict the L's. And I'm not sure what could come out of the civil trial that would make the FBI anxious to act. In terms of criminal activity that threatens our society, even if the L's did try to help their son in ways that were not legal (personally I doubt it because I don't think BL confessed to them), that's hardly likely to mean they pose a future danger. They didn't kill GP, after all. But that's just my opinion.
I agree. I am just wondering who advised them to take this course of action?

Yes, I am sure that the FBI have the call information. They may even has evidence that B did call his parents before he made his way home, however, they will not know what was said during that call. I think it is this that the P's will try and claim that the call involved Brian telling his parents that he had killed Gabby and that is why they retained the lawyer
I see what you're saying. Wouldn't the FBI be able to get transcripts of BL's text messages to see if it could help find him during their search?

I see what you're saying. Wouldn't the FBI be able to get transcripts of BL's text messages to see if it could help find him during their search?
Not sure. Many sources say the content of text msgs is not ever stored by the phone company and cannot be recovered. The fact that a msg was sent can be recovered, of course. And if either the sender's or the receiver's actual phone is available AND the text hasn't been deleted, someone could see the msg.

Not sure. Many sources say the content of text msgs is not ever stored by the phone company and cannot be recovered. The fact that a msg was sent can be recovered, of course. And if either the sender's or the receiver's actual phone is available AND the text hasn't been deleted, someone could see the msg.
So the plaintiff's in this civil suit may not be able to get a hold of any text messages to use against the defendants.

BL could have called his parents as he left for home in the van and told them that GP left him, took off with some other people, left him with no money and the van, so he was heading home, didn't know what else to do, but he was worried that if anything happened to her he would be in trouble, he had the van, etc. and had withdrawn some money from her bank account. His parents then would have told him to just come home and they would talk about it then and figure out what to do, and that they would call their long time attorney to see what he advised.

BL may not have come clean with them until they found the notebook, even if later on with all the national news media they had figured it out.

Who owns Brian Laundrie’s notebook that contained Gabby Petito confession?

by: J.B. Biunno #HeyJB
Posted: Jun 23, 2022 / 01:19 PM EDT

"The FBI announced in January that a notebook found near Laundrie’s remains at the Carlton Reserve contained written statements where he claimed responsibility for Gabby Petito’s death.

snip

Pat Reilly, the attorney for Gabby’s parents, says he and Bertolino are meeting with the FBI in Tampa on Friday to receive belongings of Laundrie and Petito that were collected over the course of the investigation. It is unknown whether the notebook is among the items being given back.

“Some of those materials are Gabby’s, some of those are Brian Laundrie’s,” said Reilly. “Most of them we’ve agreed on how they should be split. There’s a few we just want to see before we decide who they really belong to.”

snip

“Let’s hope that the confession has a date when [Gabby’s murder] occurred,” said Reilly. “That date would hopefully and likely coincide with when we think he called his parents and told his parents he murdered Gabby.”

snip

“There could be a question as to whose notebook that actually was in totality,” said Coffindaffer. “Yes, we know Brian Laundrie wrote in it, but did Gabby Petito write in it? Are there Gabby Petito writings or artwork, or does it belong to Brian Laundrie? I’m not so sure those questions have been answered.”

(much more info at link)

“Let’s hope that the confession has a date when [Gabby’s murder] occurred,” said Reilly. “That date would hopefully and likely coincide with when we think he called his parents and told his parents he murdered Gabby.”
This quote above...

To me, this sounds like the date is speculation on their part and they hope the notebook will confirm that speculation.

Last edited:
If BL confessed to his parents that he killed GP why did he feel it necessary to do it again in his notebook?

Because in the notebook he's talking to himself?

We don't know what he said. Rather than actually writing "I, BL, killed GP etc. etc." it might be long soliloquies about how he regrets killing her, or blaming her for making him do it. It might be sketches or poems reliving the murder. It might be wondering how he was going to get himself off. It might be a lot of things I don't even want to think about.

Because in the notebook he's talking to himself?

We don't know what he said. Rather than actually writing "I, BL, killed GP etc. etc." it might be long soliloquies about how he regrets killing her, or blaming her for making him do it. It might be sketches or poems reliving the murder. It might be wondering how he was going to get himself off. It might be a lot of things I don't even want to think about.
Just a comment about what is being referenced as a “confession.” The FBI’s statement stated that there were “statements” in the notebook wherein the deceased man “claimed responsibility” for the death. They also stopped short of saying he killed her. They said all the evidence points to him being the only culprit. I see boatloads of wiggle room in their public statements.

Just a comment about what is being referenced as a “confession.” The FBI’s statement stated that there were “statements” in the notebook wherein the deceased man “claimed responsibility” for the death. They also stopped short of saying he killed her. They said all the evidence points to him being the only culprit. I see boatloads of wiggle room in their public statements.
I don't know. "Claimed responsibility" is pretty clear. Unless BL said that GP strangled herself but it was his fault that she did it.

It would be nice if LE just released the statements made by BL in the notebook. JMO.

From everything we've learned about BL, my first guess would be that there's one or more long rants about how she made him do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay