Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This “van life” thing is huge on Instagram these days. A zillion young couples doing this, uploading their vids & images, seeking to portray an idyllic carefree life of travel- hoping for sponsorship/income.

Do we know which one owns the van? Who was funding the trip at these gas prices? So many pieces to this story. Imo

It’s not looking good. I am hoping she went off with someone else, and is just off grid. In the unlikely event that she is out on her own and still in Teton they should check the campgrounds that offer public showers.

Public Showers
Public shower facilities are available at Colter Bay, Signal Mountain, and Headwaters at Flagg Ranch.

Eating & Sleeping - Grand Teton National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Gabby lists 6 possible campgrounds near Yellowstone/Tetons. I’d be searching these…. Most are “disbursed” campsites for very low fees. These are usually sparsely populated with few people or ammenities. If she were injured or lost- or abandoned after an argument (speculation), there may have been no help for miles.

Mod Reminder on Social Media Rules:
Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for..."
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).
  • Posts by an owner or admin of the above public social media pages may be linked, copied, quoted, or paraphrased. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, announcements by law enforcement, the admin of an approved group support page (usually a page run by family)
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...": If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.
Additionally, until there is a named POI, WS TOS is that we remain victim friendly. This means no casting accusations at the boyfriend at this time. The complete set of rules can be found here: RULES .

Police Searching For 22-Year-Old Missing Long Island Woman

"The van Petito was traveling in has since been recovered, police said."
Article also states mom “did receive a text from her on the 27th & 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text."

Wondering if Gabby’s phone was still pinging from Tetons during those texts? And where the BF’s phone was pinging that same day? Would establish if the phones were till together & where… Because between Tetons, WY & FL are a whole lotta miles of wilderness.

ADMIN NOTE:

The "Find Gabby" FB page was not pre-approved by Websleuths. WS needs time to review it to decide whether to approve or not because there are literally thousands of these types of pages cropping up all the time.

I don't know of any family that announces they have "updated their business hours" on a missing person group support page and I am not seeing that they are involved in any searches. It appears the page is compiling images and info from MSM and other sites. I see nothing on this page to indicate it is family run or that anyone in the group is actually directly involved in the search for Gabby.

I might be wrong on this, but at this point the page is not approved unless/until we are satisfied it is a legitimate page initiated and/or approved by the family. Just because someone says something on the internet doesn't necessarily make it true. If it is announced by family in MSM or through LE, or it is a site that we are familiar with (i.e. The Aware Foundation), that's a different story. We've just seen too many of these pages that do not necessarily have the family's best interest at heart, and we'd rather be right than first.

For now just stick to MSM and LE. Please do not discuss this page any further unless someone can find something where family indicates they are running this page or that the page has the family's approval.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member