Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see if they had a falling out, but if you're engaged to someone how could you just that easily pack up and leave her with a total stranger and go back home? I could never understand that at all. I know people's anger can get the best of them but I'd think once you cool off you'd go back for her or at least try to straighten things out. I'd imagine he'd tell his closest friends or family too that they broke up. Well, that's a hypothetical situation anyway.

Am I reading correctly? Is it true that young men and women no longer value and hold true that you leave the dance on the horse that brought you, and leave no friend behind, ever? :eek:

What.if she found a.place.she.wanted.to stay and did t want to return home. He was not on board with it he wanted to go home.
So.she tells himmto.go home. But the bigmproblem.is why does she not tell.mom!
Maybe he got the lawyer when.mom.filed.missing.persons report Maybe he had no.idea she was being g reported.missing!

Im.getting myself.comfused!
I'm want her to be ok!

From their Instagrams I feel an “accident” happened in some of those high, desolate locations they visited. Hope she is found safe and well but this does not feel like a good outcome. His art was a little dark IMO and they listened to “Morbid Podcast” together. Other than that it seemed a hunky dory adventure of a lifetime

Is there a source saying he’s not cooperating or just her parents? If he is talking with police with limitations set by his lawyer, would her parents be informed of that? If it’s an ongoing investigation, wouldn’t details be kept quiet while they tried to find her, including their interaction with the suspect?

North Port, Florida is a town over from me so this is quite an interesting case to follow. I hope they find her safe.

I'm not going to focus too much on him having an attorney. That is the smart thing to do. However, it is an exclamation point on the rest of the circumstances. I certainly wouldn't see the situation any better had he not lawyered up. It all points, IMO, to a very bad ending.

Her parents have been reserved in what they have said. They stated they can't answer certain questions because of an active investigation. They are trying to find their daughter. Should they not say anything?

If Gabby is not found, and that could very well be likely if she was harmed, and IF her bf was responsible, there may potentially never be proof he harmed her unless he confessed.
Conversely, if Gabby took off with others for whatever reason, and was harmed by someone else, unknown by name nor vehicle description, there may never be solid proof that her bf had nothing to do with her disappearance.
Yes, it can go either way. ^^^

For the BF, he'd want first of all to do anything he could to find her; the second would be for LE to clear him of any knowledge of when and where she vanished.
It'd be important for LE to make this public so everyone but most of all Gabby's family would know that he had nothing to do with her disappearance and no knowledge of why, how, or where she vanished.

MOO.

I agree lawyering up is smart. But I do hope he's given some explanation to his "future inlaws," that LE has asked they remain quiet about.

It is not normal in any way shape or form for a young, engaged couple to embark on a cross country national parks tour and have one go radio silent; the other return home alone. So I can only assume he's given them some explanation.

When I watch that video I see a couple very much in love. Gabby looks blissfully happy imo.

Anyone find an article stating when the "van" was found or a specific date that the BF returned home?

They don't seem in love to me. They they kiss, it's a quick peck. He just seems skittish and nervous and jumpy and aloof around her. She looks happy and tuned in and living in the moment and he's there kind of outside of that center and nervously pacing.

If anything happened, and he's got a lawyer, there may have been a heated argument and whatever happened, nothing premeditate if the worst is assumed.

Devils advocate but if the BF DID do something to her wouldn't it be likely that he would ditch the van and make a run for it? He would have at least a couple week head start and LE would probably think (for a while anyway) that he was missing too. Coming home WITH the van seems like a not guilty thing to do.
If they broke up and went separate ways, he would likely not contact the family assuming that she would do that.
Giving him the benefit of the doubt-it seems more likely to me that they split up and she got lost or some harm befell her apart from him and now he's facing a <modsnip> storm not of his doing.
I know that his not cooperating with LE casts doubt on this...

I totally agree with this take. I haven’t finished the thread but right now it seems weird to me he’d go back if he was guilty. If my significant other broke up with me and told me to leave, etc., I’d be heartbroken and the last thing i would do is call their family. I also wouldn’t talk to them. My partner and I always need time after a fight and often won’t communicate for a few days. I don’t know why this seems weird. If he couldn’t get in touch with Gabby he may have figured she didn’t want to talk to him. Anyway, i wouldn’t wait around if I got dumped or vice versa. I’d go home (ESPECIALLY at 23). If i got home and found out that person was missing I’d work with LE but I would absolutely lawyer up. Everybody should always have a lawyer when talking to LE, innocent or guilty. I think as of right now only the family is saying he isn’t cooperating. This is not official.

If he’s 23 we have to remember he’s young, too. I know nothing about either of them but they also seem idealistic. If they broke up, got in a fight, met weird people, took drugs WHATEVER- he may not know what to do. It’s easy for all of us to say while we are at home but in the middle of an emergency of any kind it’s easy to make poor, irrational decisions.

there’s just something off about this case that makes me think the boyfriend didn’t do it. I hope she’s ok regardless. I am worried for her and the traveling makes this that much harder.

I understand it’s frustrating that the boyfriend isn’t speaking publicly but he has no obligation to do so.

Both their IGs, the last posts are August 19....EXCEPT for the last butterfly post, in Ogden, on Gabby's IG...25th August, which is the last date of communication with Gabby's mom, right? in Ogden.
Why no posting in these beautiful areas after the 19th?

eta
....or Gabby was not the one to text her mom, and that picture was not posted by Gabby.

If he came up with that story the bigger issue would be why didn't he call LE to get help right off the bat. I agree, just coming home without her and nothing possibly being said is so suspicious. IMO
bbm
I agree.

But to play the devils' advocate : What if he woke one morning and boom --she was just gone ?
Maybe he thought she found someone else, and left with them ?
Maybe a group of people with their vans or tents --and she didn't want to tell him the relationship was over ?
So he packed up the van and went home.

The only impediment to that theory is the absence of communication with her family.
Puzzling.
MOO.

Looking at her instagram, the last picture is 8/25, the last day she spoke with her mom. Does anyone know where the picture she posted on 8/25 is from? I believe her last post before that was 8/19 which is also the last post on his instagram. Then, there is her 8/25 post "Happy Halloween", where she is in front of the butterfly painting holding a knitted pumpkin. I wonder if that was on their trip, or a pic she took before and just uploaded it on 8/25? I would really like to know if the pic was in Grand Teton WY? Another young guy is missing Teton Village, from 8/19. How odd? Maybe the two areas aren't as close as I think? Article link below.

Police need help in missing persons case - JacksonHolePress

According to a couple commenters on her Insta, the butterfly mural is in Ogden, Utah.

Am I reading correctly? Is it true that young men and women no longer value and hold true that you leave the dance on the horse that brought you, and leave no friend behind, ever? :eek:

Yep. - you're reading correctly and though many. young people struggle against this new ethos, this is why so many of them are single.

I believe there was a phone call to Mom by Gabby on the 25th, at least that's what a few news sources are saying. I hope so.

Thanks, Oviedo, for clearing up so much. Your timelines are so much work and so awesome.

So her mom did talk to her when she was in Grand Teton on Aug 25. And then, after that, it's radio silence.

And gets to report her missing on Sept 11, 17 days later.

I sure do wonder what the fiancé was up to when he wasn't driving cross-country. Gabby seemed so excited about her continued Instagram postcards...

Where are her belongings, clothes, toiletries? Phone, ID? Did they come back with boyfriend or did she take them with her?
From their Instagrams I feel an “accident” happened in some of those high, desolate locations they visited. Hope she is found safe and well but this does not feel like a good outcome. His art was a little dark IMO and they listened to “Morbid Podcast” together. Other than that it seemed a hunky dory adventure of a lifetime[/QUOTE

Yep. - you're reading correctly and though many. young people struggle against this new ethos, this is why so many of them are single.

I believe there was a phone call to Mom by Gabby on the 25th, at least that's what a few news sources are saying. I hope so.

Thanks, Oviedo, for clearing up so much. Your timelines are so much work and so awesome.

So her mom did talk to her when she was in Grand Teton on Aug 25. And then, after that, it's radio silence.

And gets to report her missing on Sept 11, 17 days later.

I sure do wonder what the fiancé was up to when he wasn't driving cross-country. Gabby seemed so excited about her continued Instagram postcards...
I thought she texted her mom.
Confused about how Gabby can be in Grand Teton and in Ogden on the same day Aug 25 th (according to Gabby's IG pic in Ogden...butterfly mural)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70