Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the latter photo posted on 26th August, she is wearing heels, and in the earlier photo most of her hair is tucked back. These could effect how her weight and hair length looks. I'm not exactly sure which of the photos you reference with "on the road trip" as both are on the road trip I believe?

Whenever people are trying to compare two photos of the same or potentially the same person, I always look to see if the size of their head matches in each photo.

In this case one photo seems to be a bit more more zoomed in/close up than the other, so all other comparisons (weight, hair etc) should take that into consideration, IMO.

Lawyer is Steven Bertolino. Interestingly enough he is located in East Islip, New York and not in Florida where Laundrie is with his parents. The East Islip Law Offices of Steven P. Bertolino, P.C.
Perhaps not so strange if the Suffolk County PD is the lead on the missing person investigation, and BL was a former resident of Suffolk County. Given the circumstances, the attorney may even be a family friend. MOO

Eh plenty of people my age (I’m a few years older) had vision boards like that of future house, etc. It doesn’t seem that odd to me. I definitely had some baby fever in my early 20s in college though I never went so far as to vision board it.

If you go to her pinterest, like I just did I don't see the "oh baby" or baby aesthetic everyone is talking about? Did it get taken off or can I just not see it?

https://www.pinterest.com/gabspetito/_saved/

yes apparently -BBM
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.”
Gabby Petito's mom says texts might not be from her daughter
So when was the last time Gabby and her Mom face-timed? Do we have an accurate time line for the entire month of August? Aside from BF, who was the last witness to see her in person?

Are looks deceiving? I ask this because they look like a happy couple. They had been together 2 years I think Brian killing her is jumping the gun!
MOO --something has happened to Gabby, yes, but could it be a kidnapping!
There was nothing he could do, called parents, parents said get home, do not talk to anyone until we get legal counsel.

FBI is now involved. Think they may know something, but do not want to compromise actions needed to get her back or resolve the case.

That seems unlikely (to me) just because, driving all the way home and not contacting the police immediately would waste precious time in finding her if someone had kidnapped her. Or if she was hurt or in some accident, the same thing. Going home and not reporting would waste too much time in helping her. We also don't know when he even arrived back in FL. If the plan was for him to get home asap and get help from there, well.. the plan didn't happen then because he hadn't secured any legal counsel or reported anything in regards to her before police located him/the van. Regardless, his behaviour and his parents behaviour is just not usual. If my friend or anyone I knew was kidnapped or something and I knew it, I wouldn't go radio silent and be elusive to police/media. I would be screaming for their return to anyone that would listen. OF COURSE, This is just what I think. I am not saying he's guilty or not guilty, or this or that happened or didn't, we obviously don't know.

Last edited:
Her dad said she was snapchatting cousins quite a bit throughout the trip so we know she was using the app to communicate. What we don’t know is if the snaps suddenly stopped and if they did when the last one came through.

there is an article that was posted on here with quotes from a couple who saw and spoke to them This ‘Van-Life’ Couple Went on a Cross-Country Trip Out West. Only He Came Back.

This jumped out at me: "When Laundrie asked Foster if he’d like to have a skateboard he no longer needed, Foster eagerly accepted.
“He said, ‘Here, I’m not gonna be needing two of these,’” Foster recalled, adding that Gabby and Laundrie said they were headed to Yellowstone next."

It is quite possible they both skateboarded around the cities and towns they stopped at during their travels rather than move the van, especially if they were already parked in a camping spot they did not want to lose. We always brought our bikes and used those when camping so we didn't have to break down our campsite if we needed to make a quick run to a grocery store, etc.

There was no Burn this year
Correct. There was not an official Burning Man event this year at Black Rock City. However, like last year there was an unofficial "Burn" event on the playa. I've read some 20,000 people attended this time. Compared to about 1,000 last year and 80,000 at the last official event in 2019.

Unofficial Burning Man 2021 brought good times in a hellish year

ETA Apologies for the duplicate post but I'll leave it up since I added some new facts and a link.

Having trouble posting from my phone today for some reason.

Last edited:
Im starting to think the theory that she decided she wanted to go with another group of people to check out the unofficial Burning Man scene makes some sense here.

She has been described as a free spirit, wants to explore and have experiences, etc... Maybe she agreed to keep in contact and that he would go off on his own. Once she left she stopped communicating and the guy freaked out and didn't know what to do? Maybe they both took some substances and she left him, they had a crazy bad trip? Maybe he's still on a bad trip? For certain people psychedelics can last a long time or even cause permanent changes, I knew a guy that was never the same after taking mushrooms 1 time! He was on a bad trip for weeks and forgot who we were and forgot who we was.

There are photos of cannabis on both of their IG's. < modsnip - BL’s social media is off limits> on Gabby's there is a picture of a burning joint being held up in the air inside a car in the 'Colorado' highlight story.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed on the instagram post from August 19th on GP page the photo is clearly cropped. If you go to her story "Van Life" that BL is tagged <modsnip - BL’s social media is off limits> in you can see the original photo from 6 weeks ago. Why would she not post the original photo on the 19th? Seems like the handle has been cropped if it is a screenshot and cropped equally on the bottom to fit in the post. Why would she post it again also?

Login • Instagram
Instagram.com/gabspetito

Last edited by a moderator:
This makes it sound like they were indeed living with his family, at least for the last 8 months….

That would also mean that she probably has belongings of hers in the house as well, since I highly doubt she brought everything with her into that tiny van.

Dad of Gabby Petito says 'he will do anything to find her' after she vanished on trip with fiance | Daily Mail Online

A North Port resident said Petito and Laundrie moved to his neighborhood eight months ago.

'I've never seen anything out of place with those two,' he told MailOnline. 'The only thing that stood out was that a tow crew came and took the white van away.'

Are looks deceiving? I ask this because they look like a happy couple. They had been together 2 years I think Brian killing her is jumping the gun!
MOO --something has happened to Gabby, yes, but could it be a kidnapping!
There was nothing he could do, called parents, parents said get home, do not talk to anyone until we get legal counsel.

FBI is now involved. Think they may know something, but do not want to compromise actions needed to get her back or resolve the case.

No one knows what goes on behind closed doors. Chris Watts and Shannan, Scott Peterson and Lacy, Mark and Lori Hacking, etc etc. They looked happy in videos and pictures.

Why wait until September 11th to report her missing if not heard from or couldn't reach GP/BL or his family since August?? That is a lot of precious time gone by... I feel so bad for Gabby's loved ones at this horrible, dreadful time.

I fear this will not end well, I hope I am wrong.

Based on everything we know, I don't think there is much of a chance for a good outcome... but whose name is on the van's registration has virtually nothing to do with that.

If you need an explanation - maybe she doesn't think of it like it's "her" van and he's just a passenger. Maybe she felt guilty about the cause of their parting ways and said for him to just take the van and go home - while she'd go with someone/somewhere else. Maybe she just left him and didn't bother to parse through their property.

Again... I think a good outcome is pretty unlikely - but it just seems silly to fixate on the ownership of the van. Put it this way... if it were to turn out the van is in HIS name... does that change anything? I'd say, no.

I don't think anyone is fixated on the van. But it is an important part of the entire picture. I'm not going to ignore that. And I know LE isn't ignoring that. We will find out soon who owns the van.

Why wait until September 11th to report her missing if not heard from or couldn't reach GP/BL or his family since August?? That is a lot of precious time gone by... I feel so bad for Gabby's loved ones at this horrible, dreadful time.

I fear this will not end well, I hope I am wrong.

According to the her TikTok friend the family did not wait until Sept. 11th - but there were some issues with the timing of a person being declared missing, while out of state and on vacation.

I think there is still quite a bit of fog surrounding the exact timeline of events.

I'm only about halfway through the thread but I wanted to comment that I have thoughts similar to many of the posts here. What a strange case.

I want to know whether the bf knew she was missing when he left for Florida.

I've also had a mental scenario that they met up with some Burners on their way to Black Rock and she wanted to go check it out and he didn't. Burning Man was made by and for free spirits and I can see Gabby being drawn to it. She might not have been able to convince him to go (it's not for everyone, being one of the harshest deserts on the planet) and so they decided to split up and then meet up in a couple weeks at one of their future planned stopping points (do we know what was next after Yellowstone?). Anyway, he could have left her feeling that everything was fine, they could use some time apart, and on he goes to hike etc. and meet back up with her closer to Portland. So far, so good.

<modsnip - bashing the bf is not allowed at this point>

WRT him hiring an attorney, I'm giving him 50% side-eye on that one, because even if he truly had no hand in her disappearance, he's still in a legal pickle. As a former paralegal and daughter of LE officers, if he were my grandson, I would advise him/his parents to hire someone to help him navigate his dealings with law enforcement.

Where are you Gabby??????

Burning man is cancelled this year

@JudgeJoe and @JerseyGirl started this I’m working on updating it for the media thread so please fill in (I need to work on the format too)

ETA - Noting:
Dad of Gabby Petito says 'he will do anything to find her' after she vanished on trip with fiance | Daily Mail Online

A North Port resident said Petito and Laundrie moved to his neighborhood eight months ago.

'I've never seen anything out of place with those two,' he told MailOnline. 'The only thing that stood out was that a tow crew came and took the white van away.'
TIMELINE:
  • JULY 2: Van Life Road Trip Began for Gabby Petito and BL

• July 5: The couple stopped at Kansas' Monument Rocks

July 8: Their next stop was Colorado Springs
    July 10: Petito updated her Instagram with photos of her walking at Grand Sand Dunes National Park

July 16: Petito’s smiling in a photo from the couple’s next stop at Zion National Park
    July 20: Petito informed her Instagram followers that they were at Cedar Breaks

July 21: The next stop was Bryce Canyon National Park

July 26: Petito posted a photo relaxing in hot tub at Mystic Hot Springs

July 30: The couple stopped at Canyonlands National Park Mesa Arch
  • AUG 10: JF met Gabby and BL near Moab, Utah where they chatted about 40 min. JF and his gf then set off on a hike to the Delicate Arch. When they got back to the parking lot, Gabby and Laundrie were gone.
    ‘Van-Life’ Couple Gabrielle Petito and Brian Laundrie Went on Cross-Country Trip Out West. Only He Came Back. (thedailybeast.com)

August 12: The couple took a hike at Arches National Park

August 13: BF posted an Instagram photo from their next destination in Moab
  • August 19. YouTube travel video posted
  • August 21 - Gabbys dad orders Uber eats

AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.
    Mom of missing Florida girl, 22, pleads for help to find her daughter | Daily Mail Online

August 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah

August 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
  • Sept 14 - BL family lawyer issues statement
In progress

I just noticed on the instagram post from August 19th on GP page the photo is clearly cropped. If you go to her story "Van Life" that BL is tagged in you can see the original photo from 6 weeks ago. Why would she not post the original photo on the 19th? Seems like the handle has been cropped if it is a screenshot and cropped equally on the bottom to fit in the post. Why would she post it again also?

Login • Instagram
Instagram.com/gabspetito

If I'm not mistaken, IG only supports 4:3 or narrower aspect ratios. If you shoot a full frame/DSLR or 16:9, you must crop before upload.

So when was the last time Gabby and her Mom face-timed? Do we have an accurate time line for the entire month of August? Aside from BF, who was the last witness to see her in person?
She and her mom had verbal communication on August 25 per several MSM reports - but in her presser she thought it might have been August 23 or 24th. I'm working on the timeline but the media thread has alot of the information detailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrypaul