Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if it's possible they came along another group of hippie-type travelers and they did some drugs, maybe she fooled around with another guy and he got mad and left her. Could it be she's off traveling with them still? It might explain why he was mad enough to leave without her.

Has anyone mentioned why GP's last name is different than that of her mothers?
Then a good lawyer would tell him to write that story down, edit it for legal risks and give it to the police so they can speak with her and confirm her welfare.

I am really confused why it took so long for her parents to report her missing. If the dad spoke to her once a week and her mom talked to her several times a week and numerous family members were in contact, why did it take almost 2 weeks before they reported her missing?

Also, the only way I could see a parent not "letting" their child talk with police is if they were told a believable story by their child. I mean as a parent I would be saying "Where is she? You need to provide details to the police". I wouldn't be hiding him. I mean obviously retaining a lawyer is never a bad thing necessarily, but wouldn't you want to clear your name, provide details, and help her be found......if you're innocent?

Gabby Petito disappearance: Boyfriend located with van at North Port family home

North Port police confirmed Tuesday morning that the boyfriend is not cooperating with the investigation. According to officials, his family told law enforcement to speak to his lawyer but did not provide a contact.

Investigators have been searching the van for clues into Gabrille's disappearance, but there are no obvious signs of foul play inside.
bbm
Thanks for the link.
I was wondering if LE would make a formal statement about the BF.
It appears that they have.
Sometimes LE will say nothing in hopes of keeping someone talking.
But since the BF has lawyered up, LE are turning up the pressure, so to speak.
Imo.

Emphasis mine.
Strong words today from LE !

With today's two new updates, it looks like LE are starting to show their hand and are losing patience ?
So much precious time has been lost already.
MOO.

Last edited:
Speculation but I'm wondering if it's possible they came along another group of hippie-type travelers and they did some drugs, maybe she fooled around with another guy and he got mad and left her. Could it be she's off traveling with them still? It might explain why he was mad enough to leave without her.

To my knowledge her mom married the guy who has been speaking out her step dad. The mom probably took his name and Gabby still has her name because she wasn't adopted by him.

Obviously speculation, but what if GP and BL were hiking and she was attacked and mauled to death by a cougar or bear, then dragged away. And BL witnessed this but was unable to help her. He could have been disoriented by horror and shock and only wanted to get home. So he got in the van and fled, and is not yet "together" enough psychologically to deal with informing her parents or talking to LE. Whole parts of such an episode could be blanked out in his mind.

Just a thought that might explain the strangeness.

I could accept that for a few days after it happened but it’s been weeks. I would think constantly seeing her face on the news and constant comments accusing him would be worse than saying “bear attack” once.

MOO

Speculation but I'm wondering if it's possible they came along another group of hippie-type travelers and they did some drugs, maybe she fooled around with another guy and he got mad and left her. Could it be she's off traveling with them still? It might explain why he was mad enough to leave without her.

No matter how one speculates about Gabby having voluntarily gone off with another group, or individual, the fact remains that she has not communicated with her parents, cousins, or friends.... especially after regularly being in touch. This is what worries me the most.

Police have made contact with missing Gabby Petito's boyfriend

Police in Florida were seen dropping off a pink envelope at the home of missing Long Island woman Gabby Petito‘s boyfriend — as authorities say they’re preparing for the possibility that something “sinister” has happened to her.

<snip>

Exclusive photos obtained by The Post show cops dropping off an envelope outside Laundrie’s home.
View attachment 312496 View attachment 312497

North Port police said they attempted to talk to Laundrie, but were rebuffed by his parents, who put them in touch with his attorney.

“We talked with his parents, who did not make him available,” North Port police spokesman Josh Taylor told The Post.

Taylor denied a report that authorities had made contact with Laundrie directly.

“We would love to [talk to him]. He certainly has whatever rights he has available. We will see how it goes, we are roughly 72 hours into this,” he said.

<snip>

Meanwhile, police have seized the converted van the couple had been traveling in from his home.

“It’s here at the police department. It will be processed with the FBI,” Taylor said.

In a text message to The Post on Tuesday, Petito’s father, Joe, said that authorities were combing through data as part of their search for his daughter.

“I was told a lot of great work was done yesterday by the FBI, but they’re still going through a lot of data,” he said. “Everyone has been amazing in helping to try to find Gabby.”

Is that a pink envelope or a pink sheet of paper? Hard to tell from the photos. Speculation on it's content?

Particularly interesting that her last post has the caption “Happy Halloween” since we know from her father the trip was supposed to conclude with her visiting a friend on Halloween. It’s more than likely nothing but an ominously weird coincidence no less.
From GP's Twitter -- she cites how much she loves Halloween going way back.

I'm wondering if it's possible they came along another group of hippie-type travelers and they did some drugs, maybe she fooled around with another guy and he got mad and left her. Could it be she's off traveling with them still? It might explain why he was mad enough to leave without her.

I believe GS shares her father's (JP) name whereas her bio-mom (NS) has the name of her current husband (JS). (Both parents are remarried).

GP's Pinterest includes a group labeled "Life Goals" - shared with her boyfriend, his mother, and one other user - which seems to be full of wedding-planning ideas, as well as a section entitled "Oh Baby" with baby/infant items.

Doesn't quite fit with her mother's statement about "She didn’t have a plan. This was a plan, but what was next, we don’t know."

Unless something came up to make GP reconsider those plans, and she voiced those concerns to her mother? (my speculation)

https://www.pinterest.com/gabspetito/life-goals/

These photos are a month apart, shes more tanned then on the road trip, and her hair is shorter than on the road trip, also her weight looks totally different than on the road trip. IMO

In the latter photo posted on 26th August, she is wearing heels, and in the earlier photo most of her hair is tucked back. These could effect how her weight and hair length looks. I'm not exactly sure which of the photos you reference with "on the road trip" as both are on the road trip I believe?

When my twin and I were children, my dad used to save up his vacation time and every summer we spent a month driving cross country, and up to Canada and down to Mexico. Our starting point was NYC where we lived. We usually slept in motels but once or twice were forced to sleep in the car when there were no vacancies.

All this traveling together in a little sedan led to glorious memories over 47 of the 48 contiguous states, but also led to tension and frustration being on top of each other so much. Twice my parents argued enough that once, my dad made my mom get out of the car, I think in Arizona. Once in Canada they argued so much that my dad walked out of the car to "walk back to NY." Of course my sister and I were sobbing and in hysterics. After 10 minutes in Arizona my dad went back to collect my mother who was sitting by a tree, and in Canada my mom told us to run after our dad, who came back to the car. We are 64 now, and both of us still remember this vividly as it was so traumatic to us.

My point being that never, never could I imagine that anyone would actually leave someone they love alone and far from home. No matter the argument or crisis. Yes, in our case there were children involved, but I cannot fathom driving off, when the van was their life, and leaving her there to figure out how to get home or even to safety.

I am not saying he killed her or hurt her in any way, as according to TOS he is not a suspect at this time. I am saying though that there had to be trouble in paradise in some way. GP said they were engaged, but her mother sounded like she wasn't quite sure of their relationship status. I also understand that cell phone service is spotty where they were, and if GP walked out of the car, she may not be able to call, or she may be dehydrated and unwell.

The part I CANNOT FATHOM is BL driving off and not contacting her family to tell them that she's alive, he left her in such and such a place, and that she was heading in such and such a direction. He would have days of driving ahead in which to cool his temper, if they argued, and make some kind of contact with park rangers, 911, or family.

Lawyering up always looks suspicious, but it can be done innocently when you know you are the last person to have seen a person who is missing. I don't get why or how the parents can refuse to allow their son to be questioned. As another poster stated, he's an adult. Parents have no say in this except to prohibit LE from entering their property.

If I were in a remote place far from home and didn't know where my loved one was, I would be calling her phone, 911, anyone who knew her as soon as I got back to cell phone service. Or not leave until I had driven around searching til my gas was running out.

GP's Pinterest includes a group labeled "Life Goals" - shared with her boyfriend, his mother, and one other user - which seems to be full of wedding-planning ideas, as well as a section entitled "Oh Baby" with baby/infant items.

Doesn't quite fit with her mother's statement about "She didn’t have a plan. This was a plan, but what was next, we don’t know."

Unless something came up to make GP reconsider those plans, and she voiced those concerns to her mother? (my speculation)

Maybe she knew her daughter was looking at wedding ideas but that there was no set timetable? JMO

Boyfriend of missing Long Island woman, Gabby Petito, issues statement through lawyer - ABC7 New York (abc7ny.com)

"This is an extremely difficult time for both the Petito family and the Laundrie family.

"I understand that a search has been organized for Miss Petito in or near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. On behalf of the Laundrie family it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is re-united with her family.

"On the advice of counsel the Laundrie family is remaining in the background at this juncture and will have no further comment."

Maybe she knew her daughter was looking at wedding ideas but that there was no set timetable? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95