WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21, MEDIA, MAPS *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabby Petito update: FBI asks for the public's help in finding Brian Laundrie as new tip emerges about his previous movements - CNN

9/22/21

(CNN)The FBI is asking for the public's help in finding Gabby Petito's fiancé Brian Laundrie after a coroner made an initial determination that Petito died by homicide.

Petito's remains were found Sunday in an undeveloped camping area in Bridger-Teton National Forest on the eastern edge of Grand Teton National Park, officials said. She was first reported missing by her family on September 11, after Laundrie returned home from the road trip without her on September 1.

Where is Brian? Search for person of interest continues after Gabby Petito’s death ruled a homicide

9/22/21

VENICE, Fla. - Within the past 24 hours, Florida law enforcement resumed their search for Brian Laundrie at a Sarasota County preserve and a Wyoming coroner confirmed the remains found near Grand Teton National Park do belong to Gabby Petito – and she died as a result of homicide.

On Wednesday, North Port police said search crews will once again comb through the 25,000-acre Carlton Reserve in Venice to track down Brian, the sole person of interest in the case.

Investigators said Brian hasn’t been seen since September 14, according to his parents, who said they believed he was at the park. Officials turned their attention to the Carlton Reserve over the weekend. The preserve is closed until further notice, according to the non-profit, Friends of Carlton Reserve.

[..]

According to North Port police, Tuesday’s search of the reserve turned up nothing of note and authorities also said that reports of several suspected sightings of Brian from have turned out not to be true. For example, on Tuesday, deputies in the Florida Panhandle were checking into a Facebook post that showed a person of similar description on a rural trail cam in the community of Baker, but it did not appear to be leading to any solid intel.

Last edited:
John Walsh on getting justice for Gabby Petito’s family; new updates in the Murdaugh saga | NewsNation Now

Posted: SEP 22, 2021 / 05:33 AM CDT | Updated: SEP 22, 2021 / 05:33 AM CDT
CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — The body of missing YouTuber Gabby Petito has been identified, the FBI confirmed in a tweet.

The Teton County coroner ruled the death a homicide, but the cause of death is pending final results, the tweet said.

The body was found in Grand Teton National Park.

John Walsh, the man who has helped collar more than 1,400 fugitives during his long career as host of “America’s ‘Most Wanted” joins “Banfield” to answer the question: can he help bring justice to Gabby’s family?

Brian Laundrie alleged cryptic messages on Pinterest

"Gabby Petito’s missing boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, apparently shared cryptic and foreboding images and messages on Pinterest – including one last month that read: “Don’t try to find me. I have finally escaped my ‘master’s’ wicked clutches,” according to a report.

The 23-year-old, who has been named a person of interest in the Long Island native’s homicide, appeared to post under the account @blaundrie1197, although it has not been confirmed, according to The Sun.

But the news outlet noted that the account shares albums with a page belonging to Laundrie’s slain girlfriend and apparently also his mother, Roberta."

Speculation Gabby Petito may have been BURIED as helicopter footage captures discovery of remains (the-sun.com)
NINTCHDBPICT000681208756.jpg
NINTCHDBPICT000681208752.jpg

SEP 22, 2021
Witness saw man ‘acting weird’ where Petito was found (nypost.com)
[...]

Jessica Schultz, a graphic designer who has been living in a camper for over four years, told the San Francisco Chronicle that she got caught behind a slow-moving white van near Grand Teton National Park in late August.

When she passed the van, she said she noticed a “generic” young white guy lone in the vehicle behind the wheel and notified the feds Thursday about her sighting when she heard about the search for the missing Long Island native.

[...]

Schultz, 38, told the newspaper that the FBI called her back Sunday morning, the day the body was found. She said she saw the van on Aug. 26 with the man, who she now believes was Laundrie, inside — four days before Petito supposedly last had contact with her family on Aug. 30.

Schultz said she saw the white van again on the 27th and possibly the 28th without anybody else around it.

“He was just acting weird,” she told The Chronicle on Monday. “You know, when you’re out in the middle of nowhere, your hackles go up when you see something that’s out of the ordinary.”

[...]

“My friend texted me a picture of the hat on the dashboard and I just lost my s–t,” Schultz told The Chronicle. “And that’s when I called the FBI and said, ‘Guys, look at Spread Creek.’”

She told the paper that she was “pretty sure” that when she drove past the van on Aug. 26, the driver got out to “look around or something.”

“There’s definitely nobody in that passenger seat — like he definitely doesn’t have a girl in there,” she insisted.

The following day, she said, she noticed the same van in the same area.

“I was like, ‘Oh, that guy stayed the night,” Schultz recalled telling a friend who was with her, noting that it wasn’t in a designated parking spot and that there were no indications that anyone was camping there.

[...]

North Port Police on Twitter
Agencies back out in the Carlton Wednesday morning. Search continues.

9:32 AM · Sep 22, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Brian Entin on Twitter
Here is the witness statement re: Moab, Utah incident. “at one point they were sort of fighting over a phone – I think the male took the female’s phone. It appeared he didn’t want her in the white van.” “It was as if the guy was trying to leave her, and maybe take her phone?”

9:32 AM · Sep 22, 2021·Twitter Web App

Gabby Petito’s Long Island hometown mourns her death
She was a beautiful girl, but beyond the outside beauty. She was always happy … she was a lot of fun. Always had a smile on her face. Happy-go-lucky, just a really bright spirit,” family friend Jennifer McNamara said.

Friends and neighbors are throwing their support behind Gabby’s family, letting them know they aren’t facing her tragic death alone. The town bought out the local ribbon supplier of 400 teal ribbons and then ordered 400 more. They expect to run out of those, as well.

“A friend in Canada went out and bought her own teal ribbon and put it up. Friends in England … so it’s the world. It really is the world,” McNamara said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971