WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21, MEDIA, MAPS *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OCT 9, 2021
Gabby Petito: Stepfather identified missing woman’s from her favourite sweatshirt
[...]

Jim Schmidt told Dr Phil how police had shown him a piece of clothing retrieved from Wyoming’s Bridger-Teton National Forest that he recognised as belonging to Ms Petito.

“They describe the piece of clothing to me that matched one of her favourite sweatshirts that we knew was hers,” he said, adding it was purchased from a store close to their home in New York.

Mr Schmidt, a former fire chief on Long Island, had joined the FBI-led search for Ms Petito days before her remains were located on 19 September.

[...]

SEP 18, 2021
Gabby Petito update: Everything known about death, search for Brian Laundrie
According to the indictment handed down by a grand jury, "From on or about August 30, 2021, through and including on or about September 1, 2021, in the District of Wyoming and elsewhere, the Defendant, Brian Christopher Laundrie, knowingly and with intent to defraud, used one or more unauthorized access devices, namely a Capitol One Bank debit card ending in 8774 and a personal identification number for Capitol One Bank accounts ending in 0525 and 8665, and by such conduct obtained things of value aggregating to $1,000 or more during that period, which affected interstate commerce."

Early documentation: Suffolk County Police Department
Saturday, September 11, 2021 at 6:55 p.m.

Suffolk County Police Fifth Squad detectives are investigating the disappearance of a Blue Point woman who went missing while traveling.

Petito, 22, of Blue Point, is described as a white female, approximately 5 feet 5 inches tall and 110 pounds. She has blonde hair and blue eyes, and several tattoos, including one on her finger and one on her forearm that reads “let it be.” The van she was traveling in has been recovered.

Detectives are asking anyone with information on Petito’s disappearance to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls can remain anonymous.
Press Release - Preview

Last edited:
SEP 21, 2021
Gabby Petito investigation: Who are Brian Laundrie's parents?
The Laundries own Juicer Services, a company started in 2017 that sells and services commercial juicing equipment. The Florida company registry lists Roberta Laundrie as the "registered agent" of the company, and a New York registry from 2018 lists Christopher Laundrie as CEO of the company.

The couple runs the company out of their home, which is a 10,000-square-foot property. The dates would indicate that the Laundries likely moved to Florida in 2017 as part of their business plan for their company.

Brian Laundrie and Petito moved in with his parents in 2019; the following year, they got engaged. The couple both worked at a Publix supermarket prior to their road trip.

[...]

Photos

SEP 22, 2021
Petito’s death ruled a homicide, experts see Laundrie as abuser

614ab67b210da.image.jpg
614ab194c9fc2.image.jpg

upload_2021-10-10_18-21-23.png
614ab19426d89.image.jpg

A stone cross sits near the scene where remains of Gabrielle “Gabby” Petito were discovered Sunday along Spread Creek east of Grand Teton National Park.
upload_2021-10-10_18-21-23.png upload_2021-10-10_18-21-23.png
614ab1964593d.image.jpg

The area in Spread Creek where Gabrielle Petito’s remains were discovered is illuminated by a break in the clouds as the FBI conducted its investigation Monday afternoon.

614a8d002511d.image.jpg

On Tuesday morning, a steady stream of media and curious visitors trickled in and out of the area where the remains of Gabrielle “Gabby” Petito were discovered Sunday near the Spread Creek dispersed camping area. The FBI finished its investigation and reopened the area Monday evening.

OCT 10, 2021
Gabby Petito investigation: Could Brian Laundrie still be alive? Experts speak (9news.com.au)
[...]

Robert Urban, founder and chief instructor of the Urban Survival Academy, said he believes it's highly unlikely that someone who is not professionally trained in survival tactics would be able to survive in the reserve for this long.

[...]

"I'm an expert with plenty of experience, and it would be everything that I could do to survive for (more) than three weeks. Someone with no experience, you cannot be lucky and survive in that sort of climate."

[...]

Jason Marsteiner, founder and president of The Survival University, said when he sends trainees of his program in the wilderness - for just about a week after they've gone through a 50-day course - they struggle.

"Twenty-five days in that area is extremely tough. I wouldn't want to do it and I've got jungle training, I've got mountain training," he said.

[...]

"If he had ways to disinfect the water through filtration and (cover) to protect himself from the weather and things like that, he could survive for a certain period of time," survival expert Dave Canterbury told CNN's Erin Burnett.

[...]

But Mr Laundrie would likely have to process and cook the food he gathers, Mr Canterbury added, and if his water filtration system failed, he would have to find another way to disinfect the water. Both of those things would likely require him to start a fire.

[...]

Alan McEwen, a cattle rancher and outdoorsman who lives near the reserve, said the area feels like "muck," with parts of the reserve reaching knee- and waist-deep water levels - making camping in that wilderness extremely difficult.

[...]

"The mosquitos will carry you off, anybody out there more than a day without mosquito spray, you'd go insane with the bugs getting you and everything else.
"There's just no possible way for anybody to survive out there like that. Nobody."

[...]

It's highly unlikely he could be camping out and continuing to evade the search teams that have been looking for him, Mr Urban added.

"Some non-trained guy just used to walking on trails is not going to evade a team of experts like that, just by hiding," Mr Urban said, adding that he also believes Mr Laundrie is either not in the reserve or not alive in there.

[...]

"You can't see any buzzards flying anywhere, and no buzzards have been flying in any direction of this place."

Dave Faherty on Twitter
Breaking Watauga County- just got this from the FBI-“The body discovered along the Blue Ridge Parkway on Saturday is part of an ongoing investigation. At this time, there is no evidence to connect or any reason to believe it is related to the search for fugitive Brian Laundrie."
10:39 PM · Oct 10, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
Chris and Roberta came out tonight to take down this tribute to #GabbyPetito. The other sign remains in place in the corner of their yard. #BrianLaundie #wheresbrian

11:23 PM · Oct 10, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
UPDATE: Chris Laundrie sprinted out in the dead of night to take down the other sign at #GabbyPetito’s makeshift memorial on the corner of his lawn.

[URL='https://twitter.com/mikerreports/status/1447403202278789120']11:26 PM · Oct 10, 2021
·Twitter for iPhone[/URL]

Last edited:
SEP 30, 2021
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Dozens of police calls to Florida home after Gabby Petito was last seen | Fox News
There were at least 46 police calls or response requests related to the North Port, Florida, home of now-fugitive Brian Laundrie between Sept. 10-27, according to police records obtained by Fox News Digital.

North Port Police Department provided Fox News Digital with 46 pages of records related to police calls with an incident location of the Laundries’ home – the home where Laundrie resides with his parents, and where he lived with his fiancée, Gabby Petito, before her mother ultimately reported her missing. At times, police officers also initiated the calls themselves.

North Port police would not provide logs for calls made before the afternoon of Sept. 10, the day before Petito’s mother reported her missing, and the records were partially redacted. The department also only provided records through Sept. 27, instead of through the requested date of Sept. 29.

[...]

OCT 10, 2021
Cop hunting for Brian Laundrie says 'there's a lot of oddness' with parents' claims
  • A North Port police officer has expressed doubts about Brian Laundrie's parents' claims that he left their home and went to a nature preserve
  • In an interview with NewsNation reporter Brian Entin on Friday, police spokesman Josh Taylor said there is 'a lot of oddness' about their story
  • 'I don't know what to believe anymore,' he told Entin, noting that a lot of things haven't made sense about their story since the beginning
  • He also noted that it was odd his parents changed the day they said he went missing, from a Tuesday to a Monday
  • They did not report him missing, though, until that Friday - September 17
  • Federal and local authorities have since been scouring the 25,000-acre Carlton Reserve for any signs of him, but have not yet found anything
  • Survivalists said they doubt he is still alive after more than three weeks in the area, amid claims Laundrie is actually somewhere else entirely

OCT 9, 2021
Gabby memorial to be REMOVED as family take plaque for 'America's daughter'

The makeshift memorial was placed at City Center Front Green in North Port, Florida.

It will be removed on October 12, as items are being damaged by the elements.

The city of North Port is looking a permanent place where people can honor Gabby.

People have continued bringing flowers even after officials announced the memorial would be removed.

Mourners have left teddy bears, flowers, notes and other kind of items.

Michael Ruiz on Twitter (Video)
#Laundrie parents collect laundry baskets left by protesters, take down #GabbyPetito sign and bring in mail in middle of night.
12:06 AM · Oct 10, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

J.B. Biunno on Twitter
Strong, courageous, amazing: some of the words I see used to describe #GabbyPetito’s family. I spent time with them this weekend, including their visit to the memorial in North Port. What you’ve all said is so abundantly true, and then some. Incredibly special. @Nikischmidt927
FBYG4t4XIAAOpLQ
FBYG4uRWEAQw9kr
FBYG4utWYAg7Wwq

8:03 PM · Oct 10, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

OCT 11, 2021
Gabby Petito's ex-boyfriend reveals his last memory of her and says she's 'left a mark on the world' (the-sun.com)

NINTCHDBPICT000686038465.jpg
NINTCHDBPICT000686051064.jpg

[...]

He wrote: "I was lucky enough to have the privelage [sic] of both knowing and loving you.

"The last memory I have with you was the summer of 2017, before I left, we were sitting in my car down by the water.

"You had a journal in your hand. Any ordinary person would write in a journal, with words, but not you, you were extraordinary."

Williams added: "Each page had these in depth drawings depicting how you felt and what you were experiencing, all I can remember was how impressed I was, telling you how talented, and creative you were, honored and touched that you trusted me enough to even share with me something so personal.

[...]

Brandon added: "It absolutely breaks my heart that the rest of the world only knows you as a case file, a missing persons report, a victim.

"Because to your friends, your family, my family, me and Blue Point as a community, you were simply just Gabby, and that was more than enough."

[...]

"The fact that I will never be able to check up on you, and be there for you ever again, will haunt me forever.

"The fact that Im deployed outside the country and can't even be present at your funeral, will haunt me forever.

"You will never be forgotten Gabby, your loved ones, and now the whole world will make sure of that.

"I love you now and forever, rest in peace Gabby."

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members