Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you personally know BL?

Respectfully, you cannot know all about this person just from seeing a short video of him and reading second (or third or fourth) hand information about him in the news. I respect your beliefs about what you feel in terms of someone's energy. But you list hobbies as evidence that he must be gentle, etc. None of that is evidence of being gentle. One of the country's foremost serial killers was huge into gardening and loved plants. Many killers love to paint/draw. You cannot equate these hobbies to being gentle. Or even being violent. They are just...hobbies. You also do not know if he's controlling because I'm assuming you don't know him personally. Someone isn't all good or all bad. There are good parts to people, along with bad parts. Maybe him being controlling is one of his bad parts. But we don't know if he is or isn't.

I genuinely like that you are trying to bring a fresh view to this, but I think we need to be careful in overgeneralizing this stuff! We don't know that Brian has done anything nefarious beyond a doubt. But we do know his fiance has been missing for over three weeks - three weeks! - and Brian has not been cooperating at all. He hasn't talked to LE. He hasn't participated in searches. He has been at home doing nothing for 3 weeks. And now he's missing. This man - however he is and whatever has transpired - has got A LOT of explaining to do.
THANK YOU! My husband strangled me. Threatened to definitely find me and kill me if I left. Guess what my biggest obstacle was? All the people who said what a terrific guy he was that he could never do such a thing as beat his wife and kids. People do not know what villains do behind closed doors. Or as my grandmother called them, street angels and house devils.

The Spread Creek campground was closed due to the search, according to The Daily Mail. A ranger at the Grand Teton National Park confirmed it was closed but wouldn't say why. An email sent to officials at the national park was not immediately answered.
Gabby Petito search focuses on Grand Teton National Park

Rangers and the FBI are actively searching an area on the east side of Grand Teton National Park for missing van-life girl Gabby Petito, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.

As a result of the search, Spread Creek campground is closed as National Park Rangers and the Teton County Sheriff search the area, and the area will remain closed to the public for the next few days.

The Spread Creek site is one of the dispersed camp grounds Petito listed as visiting on her page at thedyrt.com, where she reviewed her journey.
Police search for missing 'van-life girl' Gabby Petito in Wyoming and boyfriend in Florida | Daily Mail Online

This is the Spread Creek campsite entry on The Dyrt: Spread Creek Dispersed Campground | The Dyrt

This is BL and GP's account on The Dyrt: Gabby & Brian V.’s Camping Lists on The Dyrt

And fb is going crazy...like they can't stop repeating it even after they are announcing its fake over and over... People are whacko
I never read SM when it comes to cases. I always go to Websleuths for info and why I get upset when people post things that are not verified. I am not sure I even trust some news agencies.
Ready SM only complicates things. I have a clearer mind reading only here.

I think he likely told his parents he went to Carlton Reserve to throw them off. When he knew he was a POI he ran parking the car at Carlton Reserve and going by foot or hitch hiking somewhere else. The fact that he frequents Carlton Reserve means nothing to me. The fact that he told his parents he was going there and they found the car there also means very little to me. He's probably hiking the AT by now. Another place he "frequented" with GP.

I believe the tik-tokker as well. She displayed what seemed to be genuine anxiety relaying her experience.
Yeah, I thought she was credible. There is always a chance that she was wrong and it was some other guy who matched his description and also had a fiance in a van who was blogging, but as to the actual incident and what she reported, I believe it happened. There may be some errors attributable to memory, since memory is far from perfect and this was already a couple weeks ago. But I think she has the big picture correct, and I suspect that it really was him.

I'm new here and created an account so I can share my thoughts on Brian. Both he and Gabby seem like genuinely kind and good people. I'm especially focused on Brian right now because I feel very attuned to his energy and how he lives his life.

Brian seems gentle and grounded. He loves camping, painting and reading. He was sad to leave the plants at his parents' homes and told them they're his best friends. He was happy to bring some small succulents with them in their van. He does yoga and is handy with tools. He did considerable work preparing the van for their travels.

The comments about him here and especially on social media are disheartening. I've read everything you've read and understand things aren't looking good for Brian, but my heart is breaking for both of them.

Brian left his parents' home for one of two reason: It was made known to them the police were going to obtain a search or an arrest warrant, based on evidence that hasn't been disclosed to the public yet; or Brian was needing the comfort of what he loves the most: the trees and plants, fresh air and open space. To see all of those law enforcement officers pursing him in a search is terrifying. It just seems so contrary to who he is and how he thinks and sees the world around him.

The couple that picked up Brian when he was hitching a ride presumably back to Gabby and the van, didn't mention bruises or bloodied knuckles. That's because there wasn't anything to note about his physical appearance, other than his clothing. She did say it was odd how clean he was, but I've done extensive backpacking and never looked muddy. My gear was always clean and tidy, and I didn't smell. Also, Brian loves going barefoot, and he loves minimalism. As an experienced camper, it makes sense to me that he'd only bring a tarp and nothing hefty for a few days of camping along a river. This isn't at all a concern for me.

As for his confusion about the direction they were heading, he's not from that area. I think he got north and south mixed up and didn't realize Jackson Hole was in the wrong direction. He was experiencing some stress from whatever it was that happened that had him doing a solo trip away from Gabby for a few days. They were still telling people they're engaged, and the police introduced the idea of spending some time apart, and that's what he was doing. It's possible there's nothing of interest with any of this sighting other than the date for the sake of the timeline and his location.

The police camera footage did not leave me feeling as if Brian was cocky, as so many people have said. His body language was reflective of his personality. He's quiet and gentle in his mannerisms, shy and uncomfortable around people. He was shaking and scared. Gabby was experiencing a full breakdown from her anxiety. I suffer from anxiety and that's exactly how it can be. She was asked what she does for a living, and she said she's a nutritionist. She hesitated, probably because she was looking for something to describe her lifestyle and goals. I doubt she's a certified nutritionist. Her friend Rose said Gabby was working at Taco Bell last year and then a smoothie place. Taco Bell really surprised me. It's completely at odds with what she portrays on her social media accounts and in the video.

All this tells me is that Gabby is young and finding herself. It's not that she was being dishonest; it's more that 'nutritionist' is what made the most sense to her. It characterized maybe her goals and also her lifestyle. She also said they don't drink, but she met Rose at a bar once. I tend to say I don't drink, but a few times a year I'll buy a bottle of wine. So I don't feel she was being dishonest with this either. It's again more of a response that speaks to the overall picture of who she feels she is and how they're living their lives.

Brian has been described as controlling. I have a lot to say about that and feel I'm understanding him and what motivates the decisions he makes. But for now I'd just like to bring some compassion and concern to this young man, who I think is frequently misunderstood. Regardless of the outcome of this case, I am genuinely heartbroken for both Gabby and Brian. He just doesn't resonate with me as someone who harmed Gabby. Please note that I didn't say or imply he's incapable of harming her. I think we are all capable of doing something sudden and unexpected.

But what I'm sensing here is something very dark that is turning against Brian and strengthening. I think his silence was his only hope of protection, and his legal right, and it seems it's all beginning to fall apart. I am praying for Gabby's safe return, and I'm also praying for Brian. Thank you for reading this.

Thank you for your analysis.
I'm wondering if you could weigh in on why, in your opinion, Brian chose not to share where he last saw Gabby when her parents couldn't locate her?

Right, I saw that, "possibly credible." I was wondering if it was determined credible. Thanks though!

Article updated SEP 18, 2021
Woman says she and her boyfriend picked up Laundrie hitchhiking (fox13now.com)
Police have confirmed a TikTok users claims that she picked up Brian Laundrie, the boyfriend of missing woman Gabby Petito, while he was hiking alone in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming in late August.

FOX 13 has reached out to authorities and police confirmed that they have been in contact with the TikTok user, Miranda Baker. They say her story is "possibly credible."

[...]

I am not saying BL is a well adjusted guy but people stating they see his body language in the body cam footage as certain way, is ridiculous. You can not judge someones character by a short video.
The way people behave when being confronted by Police Officers often isn’t how they behave normally. They’re stressed, nervous, and more often than not- folks hope to control the outcome of the encounter. Statements made by the involved parties (who may not normally be liars) to make the situation ‘go away’ or manipulate the outcome are common.

Brian said his dirty feet were triggering Gabby. Gabby said Brian’s lack of support and not believing she could actually pull off a travel blog triggered her.

She admitted that she became physical with him. They both seemed to just want to rewind time.

Brian said they’d spent the entire day in a coffee shop- presumably for the wifi and working on the blog. Sounds like the perfect storm for this particular young couple to escalate the tensions and issues between them.

At some point the Officer asked Brian if he was on medications and the police cam video muted his answer- so clearly he revealed personal medical details. When Officer Robbins was driving Brian to the hotel, Brian brought up something that seemed to describe that he’d been prescribed medications that he didn’t want to take, and stating he’d rather cope with his unstated conditions without using medications.

Both of these young people clearly have some mental health issues, but trying to diagnose either of them based on a few IG pics videos and the police can video isn’t sound. I’ve seen several people call him a narcissist, and some folks have deemed her to have been ‘hysterical’ in the police cam video (not IMO).

Hopefully useful facts will be revealed soon so that they can find Gabby.

Yesterday someone here wrote that the text about Yosemite was a red herring because they were nowhere near that park or California at that time. I totally agree. But I'm not sure it was intentional on BL's part. I think he made a big mistake.

Assuming her mother's intuition is right and Gabby didn't write that message, the fact is that the van was close to Yellowstone, not Yosemite. Something had happened to Gabby and she was not there anymore, and BL was in a panic. He knew Gabby spoke to her mom all the time and he wanted to avoid questions after "whatever" happened to Gabby happened.

So in my opinion, he sent the message "No signal in Yosemite" to throw off her mother, but he screwed up and wrote the wrong park name. A blip of a frantic mind or a guilty conscience? I think it's a clue to his state of mind.

If he was in or near Yellowstone instead of Yosemite when he sent the text to GP’s mom on the 30th and IF that was him hitching a ride on the 29th it would be next to impossible to arrive in FL on the 1st. It’s a 36 hour drive. Factor in gas, food and sleep stops and that adds a minimum of another 15 hours (15 gallon tank = 160 miles per tank) if he only slept 4 hours per day. That’s a total of 51 hours and if he left from Yellowstone that adds another 2-2 1/2 hours. His parents are definitely lying about his arrival date.
But they lie about everything it seems so no surprise.

BL probably didn't allow gabby to meet her.

A friend of hers in FL has stated he stopped her meeting friends and would hide her ID so she couldn't go out to bars, etc.
OOH Interesting connection. The friend's birthday was the 29th, and she was supposed to be heading to Yellowstone. This could have been the argument that led to *whatever he did to her* and him returning home without her.
IMO

Gabby Petito's pal says she missed meet up but sent 'strange' final text to mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads