Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Gabby's mother then asking where her daughter's belonging's are? Sorry if this has been covered already.
It's only alleged that both BL and GP's property moved from storage to the parent's home. NS really has no way of knowing where Gabby's belonging are at. They have refused all of her calls.

Just thinking here but maybe he called mom crying that she had broken up with him and they decided to remove her things. However, I'm thinking it was more than that. I think his parents know exactly what has occurred and they are circling the wagons around their son. JMO

JMO I get the feeling this isn't the first time. OK BL calls parents about a fight and then there is a haste to move her stuff out.
I couldn't figure out if he really didn't see police in the rear view or if she hit him to get his attention because he didn't see them as soon as she did. And going 45 in a 15mph zone is easy to do if there aren't a lot of pedestrians around and the area isn't windy or dangerous.

LE report says GP couldn't stop crying and not completing sentences all during his interview with her wipe her face and he thought she might be her mental issues.... but gives her the van and lets her go on her own. Also why exactly they were fighting over her phone?

MAR 17: IG Post- 1 yr anniversary
JUL 2: GP announced her engagement to BL

JUL 2
: Van Life Road Trip Began for Gabby Petito and BL - GP is the owner of the van
JUL 5: The couple stopped at Kansas' Monument Rocks
JUL 8: Their next stop was Colorado Springs
JUL 10: Petito updated her Instagram with photos of her walking at Grand Sand Dunes National Park
JUL 16: Petito’s smiling in a photo from the couple’s next stop at Zion National Park
JUL 20: Petito informed her Instagram followers that they were at Cedar Breaks
JUL 21: The next stop was Bryce Canyon National Park
JUL 26: Petito posted a photo relaxing in hot tub at Mystic Hot Springs
JUL 30: The couple stopped at Canyonlands National Park Mesa Arch

AUG 10
: JF met Gabby and BL near Moab, Utah where they chatted about 40 min. JF and his gf then set off on a hike to the Delicate Arch. When they got back to the parking lot, Gabby and Laundrie were gone.
AUG 12: The couple took a hike at Arches National Park
AUG 12 Moab, UT PD police incident report - no criminal charges,respond to an incident involving BL and Gabrielle Petito
AUG 12 Arches National Park - reservation only campsite (per PE)
AUG 13: BF posted an Instagram photo from their next destination in Moab
AUG 17: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23

AUG 19: YouTube travel video posted
AUG 21: Gabbys dad orders Uber eats
AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.
AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane (Where was the van parked?)
AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
AUG 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
AUG 27 - Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)
AUG 27 & 30: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.”
AUG 30: Text from Gabby to Mom - No service in Yosemite

SEP 1
: BL returns home to FL alone, retains an attorney & is uncooperative with the investigation
SEP 10: The family alerted the National Park Service.
SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL - FBI
Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest
Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement
Sep 15- Northport police chief asks BL lawyer to assist in finding Gabby
ETA
Will incorporate in next update
August 31: A new list titled “Self-Consumption” appeared on the couple’s Spotify

September 1: 4 songs were added to the playlist "Mtn tops," on an account Gabby Petito appears to share with her boyfriend Brian Laundrie: Many of the songs, collected on an account she appeared to share with her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, focus on love and heartache.
"Your woman is your angel, is your left side, is your whole life; easily the most beautiful thing in the world," one song, Matt Berry’s "Woman," begins. "She'll soothe you; she'll accuse you; she'll confuse you; she'll lose you but always be the best friend you have in the world."

Another song, "Take My Hand," is about picking up a stranger at a bar. "The Badger’s Wake" is about a badger decomposing underground.

September 10: Gabby’s mother texted Brian and his mother, Roberta, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied

September 10: Gabby’s mother went to report Gabby missing later in the day, but police initially blew her off.
Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

Missing woman's haunting songs on Spotify account may provide answers

Last edited:
I am super far behind, so sorry if this has been answered. Do we know for a fact this was DV issue?

Cops reveal Petito, Laundrie fought a month before she was reported missing
By Jorge Fitz-Gibbon

Gabby Petito and her boyfriend scuffled near a Utah national park last month, telling police that tension between the two “had been building over the last few days,” according to police records.

Petito also told cops she feared her beau, Brian Laundrie, was going to drive off and leave her behind.

Petito and Laundrie told cops in Moab, Utah, during the Aug. 12 incident that they had been traveling together for months and that the “emotional strain between them” had led to an “increased number of arguments,” the report, obtained by The Post, shows.

Gabby Petito live updates: Latest on missing Long Island woman

Qs:

What's the deal with Gabby's phone and phone records?

Any confirmation regarding BL flying to Florida and back to Utah?

What about his driving rout back to Florida? Surely he stopped for gas.

With zero information being provided by BL, why assume she's in Wyoming? She could be anywhere or even have returned to Florida with him.

Respectfully, that is not correct. The witness stated BLwas holding her face to push her away from trying to enter the van. Nobody witnessed BL hitting GP and she did not allege he struck her either. I previously posted the entire incident report up-thred.

Well, "Holding her face" in my universe is physical abuse. Was it a gentle holding? Probably more of a grabbing. Probably left marks on her face.

Speculation, IMO

Robbins said that he had seen Petito and Laundrie's van traveling 45mph in a 15mph zone while he tried to catch up to them earlier and activated his lights to initiate a traffic stop.

But upon doing so, he noticed the vehicle abruptly swerve to the right and the rear right wheels hit the curb before finally coming to a stop.

Robbins said Petito later told him that this was a result of her trying to get Laundrie's 'attention to notice me as I was behind them with my lights on' and that she did not intend to hurt him.

But during his conversation with the cop shortly after, Laundrie said that when he noticed police lights flashing behind them, he thought Gabby 'had grabbed the wheel of the van and pulled it, causing the van to hit the curb.'

The report says Laundrie told the officer both he and Gabby suffer from the same problem and that issues between the two 'had been building over the last few days.'
Missing Gabby Petito was seen 'hitting' her boyfriend in the arm, police report reveals | Daily Mail Online

In a post in the previous thread regarding timeline, I saw Yosemite National Park being mentioned.

I will message here and I can definitely say that in Yosemite there is cell phone service around the village. At the time supposedly they were there, Yosemite required reservations. Also, Yosemite National Park has cameras.

I hate this "mental illness" narrative too. She was probably emotional and upset for good reasons. Speculation based on things her mother has said - she's in a bad relationship. Her boyfriend is doing things that scare her, annoy her, bother her, and she's had it. they get de-engaged, according to her mother. They fight a lot, big fights that terrify her, with police being called. Anyone in that situation would be emotional. She's far from home with this guy, no one else to help her, maybe they don't have much money, and she's got anxiety that is being made worse by the bad situation. I feel terrible for her, but at the time, the cops kind of do the "hysterical female" thing with her and even bring up "battered boyfriend syndrome"! Unbelievable. (It's mentioned in their report).

And... This is all the more reason to be in touch with her family, not drop the communications. Even if the worst has happened, I fully expect the POI boyfriend to blame everything on GP, and now he's got a police report that details how out of control she was.

Just all speculation of course.

The report states she mentioned her own mental health problems, not something the cops made up to push a hysterical woman narrative. It also states that she was the one who assaulted him, according to a witness statement. It makes sense that battered boyfriend syndrome would be mentioned when this report revolves around this single event without the context of her now being missing.

Qs:

What's the deal with Gabby's phone and phone records?

Any confirmation regarding BL flying to Florida and back to Utah?

What about his driving rout back to Florida? Surely he stopped for gas.

With zero information being provided by BL, why assume she's in Wyoming? She could be anywhere or even have returned to Florida with him.
I’m surprised they assume she’s in WY too. Her last confirmed sighting is SLC, then told her mom they were headed for GTNP.

I hate this "mental illness" narrative too. She was probably emotional and upset for good reasons. Speculation based on things her mother has said - she's in a bad relationship. Her boyfriend is doing things that scare her, annoy her, bother her, and she's had it. they get de-engaged, according to her mother. They fight a lot, big fights that terrify her, with police being called. Anyone in that situation would be emotional. She's far from home with this guy, no one else to help her, maybe they don't have much money, and she's got anxiety that is being made worse by the bad situation. I feel terrible for her, but at the time, the cops kind of do the "hysterical female" thing with her and even bring up "battered boyfriend syndrome"! Unbelievable. (It's mentioned in their report).

And... This is all the more reason to be in touch with her family, not drop the communications. Even if the worst has happened, I fully expect the POI boyfriend to blame everything on GP, and now he's got a police report that details how out of control she was.

Just all speculation of course.
I haven't read the news reports regarding the incident so I'm only going by what's in this forum, but it seems a lot like any narrative of Gabby being mentally unstable or emotional are coming from people's own projections of the incident. Battered boyfriend syndrome was used by the officer, not anyone else, and probably because he was called to a potential domestic incident where the male, not the female, had physical marks.

I think there is a bit of an over reaction to that report but I don't see how any of it points to a narrative of her being portrayed a certain way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member