Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty pathetic, this video and treating him as a victim of Gabby, in light of the fact Brian is home safe and Gabby is missing, he isn't talking.

This whole case is sad but I don't understand your post. This was almost 2 weeks before she was last seen. From a legal standpoint, Brian was the victim in this scenario. None of this has anything to do with Brian being at his home.

While difficult to watch, I'm glad there is body cam footage and it absolutely should be released

We do not know he left her!
Maybe she left him!

Just a thought!
If that were the case I don't know why he wouldn't just say so. If Gabby was the love of his life, and he was determined to stay with her "until death do we part," then why would he not assist LE in their investigation? What harm would it do to tell them the last time and place he saw her if she left him and he has nothing to do with her being missing?

It makes no sense.

GP also states to the officer BL had said he didn't believe in her. (In reference to the site she was building for their journey blog). Locking GP out of the van...saying we need to go our separate ways. To the point GP climbed through the window. All speculation but seems fishy.

Yeah, I mentioned it, as later in the video, the cop seems to think they both have phones when he says “text each other in the morning” and “her main concern is that you get cellphone power”.
I think the cop misunderstood and GP was getting BL to charge the shared (but her,) phone while he was somewhere that had power.

They both had phones. She was sitting in the car talking to her parents on hers, and BL pulled his out of his pocket at 55:24.

So MOO...she seems in crisis. Think he ended it with her and went home mad and got rid of her stuff. She likely texted and called non stop begging him back. Maybe she finally got him to come back to help her drive the van home. Maybe she hoped they'd reconcile. But he was adamantly opposed so she lost it and ran off or he left her. But doesn't explain why he didn't contact her family. Like if he was done with the relationship but would still care about her he would call mom and tell her that he's done but she needs some help. Make sure she was taken care of.

Hmmm...now I think he went back and things were still not good between them so he just drove off and left her in the wilderness. Cold hearted black and white type of persona. When he's done he's done. All in or all out.

yeah I’m thinking GP has passed on. I think this video sheds light on their relationship. I don’t think GP “was crazy”, very few people actually are. I think she struggled with her mental health like we all do. One thing I do believe is that GP was the aggressor in terms of physical violence. What I mean by that is I believe BL was likely very emotionally/mentally manipulative/abusive but I do believe GP took things to the level of violence (slapping/physical attacks). I do not believe she could ever really truly “hurt” him though- that however does not excuse the violence. Now what I think happened (I am spitballing and speculating) is that BL returned from FL for some reason… and at some point another argument happened- maybe petty stuff again- but this time when she goes to slap/do her attack, BL chooses to engage back in the violence… he’s obviously much bigger and stronger so he hurt her- maybe pushed her off a cliff or possibly pushed her down and she was either very hurt or maybe even dead at that point… he also could have flown into a rage and strangled her… either way BL reacted with violence to GPS violence and it didn’t end well. Now he realizes omg what did I do!? So at that point it was all survival instinct to him. He doesn’t want to go to jail, and even if he was being “abused” by GP she obviously couldn’t have put him in a situation that was “life threatening “ (short of using a weapon which presumably neither had one, the LE seem to look around the car & ask if they have weapons etc and he said no) so he can’t claim “self defense “… so he left her somewhere (maybe buried her OR left her body in an area that would give the wildlife/elements a chance to get rid of any possible evidence of how she died/who killed her)… he drives back and goes radio silent/hires an attorney to help prolong the process and give him even more time for the evidence to disappear….

Idk I could be wrong.

Also to note: I’m not saying GP is a bad person or deserved any of this- just saying based on the evidence (marks/eye witness accounts) she is the one who instigates the violence….. that said- I don’t believe she could have done anything that would physically hurt BL to the point of killing him:.. I think he snapped and killed her. I don’t think he can use self defense as an excuse but I do believe their relationship was abusive- in more ways then one. I absolutely believe BL is abusive in ways and maybe just doesn’t instigate the violence but will use force if she comes at him….

This is a sad story.

But what was the crime that would lead LE to be able to intervene? They could refer them for social services but if LE does not have probable cause, they cannot arrest him because of his speech and demeanor. Unfortunately it's not illegal to be a jerk.

His demeanor talking to the cops seemed OK to me. Calling him a jerk for that seems unfair.

Now, calling him a jerk for not communicating to the cops now that she is missing is maybe being too easy on him.

I was thinking the reason he may have taken her stuff along with his was because it would make her have to see him to get her stuff back which would give him a chance of getting her back if there was a chance.I was also thinking maybe they broke up on friendly terms and she told him to go ahead and take the van because she was continuing her venture with some other person or persons and would not be needing it. I thought maybe she was too depressed to call and talk about the breakup with anyone but am now thinking too much time has passed and she would have called someone by now.I now am starting to suspect the bf now like everyone else is. :(

But she almost got arrested in Moab trying to keep her van. Why would she decide to give it to him later? And he ended up doing what she feared he was going to do in Moab. He took her van and left her. The incident in Moab was do prophetic it's creepy. I bet a prosecutor will point that out in a courtroom in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95