Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not understanding why the police aren't investigating him because "no information of a crime".... A woman is missing and a man has her vehicle 2000+ miles away from where she last was. It is not his vehicle. Shouldn't that warrant an investigation? I don't know how LE works but it doesn't make sense to me that they're saying there's no info/evidence of a crime when he's in possession of her vehicle, a vehicle that is not his - it's stolen, and she's missing.
Can't like this post enough..... laws need changin............imo

Last edited:
I think they need evidence that a crime was committed to establish probable cause before they can get a search warrant.
True - and they really need to have evidence that will point them towards a more specific item they are looking for in the warrant, you can't just get a warrant and have free reign to look at every aspect of a person's life or residence. When conducting a search once a warrant is issued, police may only search the places and people listed on the search warrant, and may only search for the sought-after evidence. Accordingly, officers may only search places where they might reasonably find the evidence. For example, you can't look in a small fire proof safe if you are looking for a long gun that wouldn't fit in it.

Search warrants may authorize police to search specific, named people found at the targeted location. However, officers executing a search warrant may detaub anyone present during the search. Furthermore, if officers find sufficient evidence to arrest someone present, they may arrest and search that person, even if the person was not listed on the warrant. Here's some more detailed info on search warrants in Florida from a law review document. http://www.floridalawreview.com/wp-content/uploads/3-Capers.pdf

I am now leaning towards a scenario that has him leaving her without her phone, identification, clothing, etc and taking off to drive her van home to Florida - I'm discounting burial because that would require a shovel - unless he is seen at walmart of course.

I'm not understanding why the police aren't investigating him because "no information of a crime".... A woman is missing and a man has her vehicle 2000+ miles away from where she last was. It is not his vehicle. Shouldn't that warrant an investigation? I don't know how LE works but it doesn't make sense to me that they're saying there's no info/evidence of a crime when he's in possession of her vehicle, a vehicle that is not his - it's stolen, and she's missing.
We don't know that they aren't investigating him. It takes time to build a case, and we don't know what evidence they have by now.

There's going to be a PC today so hopefully we will learn more.

this case has a lot of logic flaws for me to start with so it's hard for me to dive into it.. Why would he even go back home at all? It just makes no sense to simply go home and pretend nothing happened. To leave their 1 lone youtube video up and so on..

I watched only about half of the released police video, and I'm trying hard to keep up with all the posts, but I'm working full time, so it's a challenge. I noticed in the police video that BL mentioned that he does not own a cell phone- anyone else catch that? I thought it was interesting, because he alluded to something like not wanting GP to leave him behind- she has the only phone out of the two of them, etc. Anyone else catch that comment from BL?

DANG IT. Here I am giving my thoughts after I said I would not. But reading people's thoughts....well....

I do not think EITHER OF THEM were innocent in their relationship with each other and how they handled each other. Both have issues. Period.

With that said, Gabby is a victim and she is missing. And he is being SILENT and uncooperative.

We don't know what happened. She needs to be found. Despite the fact, BOTH have issues, does not negate the fact this is about HER missing and that should be the main focus.

It does not matter if she was the biggest PITA or had this issue or that issue or whatever......her life matters and she deserves to live it....and her being found is the priority.

I agree and imo its been toxic for quote sometime!
This is the end result!

Sadly parents don't see it they hide it well!

I was in an extremely toxic and abusive relationship at this age, married him also like an idiot. No one knew, no one knew until I landed in the hospital and had a restraining order in place. I hid it for over 10 years then divorced him.

If you profile the actions it falls in line with a passive aggressive behavior in which something negative happens with no responsibility.
The individual will refute responsibility for the actions of another person.

For example Person #1 walks off into the woods for a day, Person #2 waits for a day for Person #1 and eventually leaves. Person #2 takes no responsibility for Person #1's act of leaving. Person #2 can relinquish all responsibility for Person #1 and be outside of moral
guidelines but inside the lines of legal guidelines.

From an investigation standpoint

The drone may be a key element in the investigation as it was the newest component to the trip. If the drone is not in the van then where is it. Footage and video time point from the drone can fill in the gaps. The mother said the drone was the newest element added to the trip.

The amount of fuel in the van can provide fueling points back toward Tenton Park.
Finding the last fueling station before arriving in FL would be huge.
Origins of the text message as well.

Inobu
I understand your analysis. However, he cannot defend taking her vehicle back to Florida without her. If he wanted to leave, he should have found his own transportation. Taking her vehicle and stranding her in what may be treacherous conditions is criminal - and immoral.

If - and it's a big if - he just wanted out, there were innumerable ways he could have walked away without jeopardizing her safety.

I watched only about half of the released police video, and I'm trying hard to keep up with all the posts, but I'm working full time, so it's a challenge. I noticed in the police video that BL mentioned that he does not own a cell phone- anyone else catch that? I thought it was interesting, because he alluded to something like not wanting GP to leave him behind- she has the only phone out of the two of them, etc. Anyone else catch that comment from BL?

Yeah, I mentioned it, as later in the video, the cop seems to think they both have phones when he says “text each other in the morning” and “her main concern is that you get cellphone power”.
I think the cop misunderstood and GP was getting BL to charge the shared (but her,) phone while he was somewhere that had power.

I was in an extremely toxic and abusive relationship at this age, married him also like an idiot. No one knew, no one knew until I landed in the hospital and had a restraining order in place. I hid it for over 10 years then divorced him.

It happens to men too, more often than you think....unfortunately.
My brother was married to a woman who would continually beat on him. He was taught to never lay a hand on a woman (violently). He would be covered in scratches, bruises, etc....actual injuries. I thought he would end up dead one day. He never ever ever TOUCHED her. She was batsh*t crazy.
He stayed as long as he did, because they had a kid......and out of embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosty_gal