Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a helicopter, it’s been in the area the last couple of days.
N23NW is a twin engine Cesna turbo prop registered to DELAWARE TRUST CO TRUSTEE. Possible contracted flight to search
N59906- is a twin engine Piper registered to Marc Inc., a contract flight company out of Bolton, MS.

Both do look like S&R patterns. both were operating between 10 and 15K ft. They're not ideal airplanes to do S&R, but in a pinch, I guess any eyes in the sky are helpful.

Live updates: Gaby Petito and boyfriend Brian Laundrie got into a physical fight a week before she went missing

In a new statement, Laundrie's lawyer says he still won't speak to police

"In my experience, intimate partners are often the first person law enforcement focuses their attention on in cases like this and the warning that 'any statement made will be used against you' is true, regardless of whether my client had anything to do with Ms. Petito's disappearance," the statement from attorney Steven Bertolino said. "As such, on the advice of counsel, Mr. Laundrie is not speaking on this matter."

Bertolino said the police naming Laundrie as a "person of interest" in the case won't change his decision.

"Mr. Laundrie will continue to remain silent on the advice of counsel," the statement continued.

If he drove the van that was registered to her (hence she was the owner) back to Florida alone, would that not appear to be theft of a vehicle? That part is really sticking with me. What gives him the right to take her mode of transport? Even is she was acting violent (big if here), I still can’t square him taking her property and then taking it thousands of miles away from where she was last seen. Curious what others think specific to him taking possession of the truck. (all just my opinion and speculation)

I would think if they find her phone having pinged in Sacramento that would change the search publicly and take a lot of focus off of BL since he was across the country so shortly after that text went through. It would mean she could have really made it to California without him or the van and not just stay focused on Wyoming or Utah.

In a post in the previous thread regarding timeline, I saw Yosemite National Park being mentioned.

I will message here and I can definitely say that in Yosemite there is cell phone service around the village. At the time supposedly they were there, Yosemite required reservations. Also, Yosemite National Park has cameras.
Thanks @Emi. The plan was for GP & BL to be going to "Yellowstone" and not Yosemite. GP's mother believes the text she received stating "no service in Yosemite" may have been by an imposter and not her daughter.

This mental health issue.....
Anxiety was mentioned in that report, two other words were redacted.
If those also refer to anxiety....don't we all for the most part have anxiety attacks in stressful situations at one point or another?
Gabby was far from home, very uncomfortable in that particular situation, fearful etc...so unless we know more I don't really think we can assume she has a serious mental health issue.

The report does not say she assaulted him. It attempts to provide a narration to explain why they were both so upset and the arguing had escalated to physical. He grabbed her face, so he was also physical with her, it was not a one-way physical fight. They had done this before, IMO. The way the cops wrote it up portrays her as irrational and more upset than the man in this situation, the POI who probably is responsible for her being missing. The cops wrote: "The male tried to create distance by telling Gabbie to go take a walk to calm down. she didn't want to be separated from the mate and began slapping him."

That's the hysterical woman part of the story and I doubt very much it actually happened that way. That sounds like the boyfriend's POV, to establish how "nuts" his girlfriend is. And police reports are not infallible.

Just IMO

There was a third party witness there during part of the incident, right?

If he drove the van that was registered to her (hence she was the owner) back to Florida alone, would that not appear to be theft of a vehicle? That part is really sticking with me. What gives him the right to take her mode of transport? Even is she was acting violent (big if here), I still can’t square him taking her property and then taking it thousands of miles away from where she was last seen. Curious what others think specific to him taking possession of the truck. (all just my opinion and speculation)

<modsnip>

Scroll down for a pic of the vehicle:

Missing Gabby Petito was seen 'hitting' her boyfriend in the arm, police report reveals | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - Quoted post removed>
Can you please provide the link citing GP's phone pinged in Sacramento? Especially since they planned on Yellowstone and not Yosemite. Thank you.

ETA: If citing DM and the map below -- this does not cite the phone pings.

47967601-9993619-image-a-17_1631731798327.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If those also refer to anxiety....don't we all for the most part have anxiety attacks in stressful situations at one point or another?
Gabby was far from home, very uncomfortable in that particular situation, fearful etc...so unless we know more I don't really think we can assume she has a serious mental health issue.

I agree we can only go off what info was released at this point (the report).

Missing Gabby Petito was seen 'hitting' her boyfriend in the arm, police report reveals | Daily Mail Online

The report was redacted to conceal sensitive information but suggests Gabby told police she and Laundrie became embroiled in an altercation that was fueled by mental health issues.

'Gabrielle told me that she suffers from [redacted] with [redacted],' Robbins wrote.

'Because of her [redacted] and [redacted], combined with little arguments she and Brian had been having that day, she was struggling with her mental health, which led to the incident that was reported to law enforcement.'

The report says Laundrie told the officer both he and Gabby suffer from the same problem and that issues between the two 'had been building over the last few days.'

It's from this article. Scroll down to the US map that shows the places they went. There's an arrow at Sacramento, that says that's where the Aug. 30 text about Yosemite pinged. Or anyway, that's what it appears to say.

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online
Respectfully, no place in this article or the map does it cite the phone pinged in Sacramento. There are no phone pings cited, period. The cell phone information may not even be available to LE yet.

47967601-9993619-image-a-17_1631731798327.jpg

Yes, it is popular on SM to self diagnose, I am not downplaying mental illness in any
way.

He drove the car back to the address that car is registered to! Right? He didn’t hide it!
His drivers license would have that same address !
It’s obvious to me she was not around to leave the van with her so he decided to drive it home!
Now did something happen to her because of him
Or something else?
We have to wait and see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads